Club Theme Songs Re-Done

Remove this Banner Ad

what's your favourite album?

Now let's get Milli Vanilli to do the Vocals on it and remove the original.
Slightly off topic, but Milli Vanilli songs are quite awesome. I don’t care who sang them.
Just play them commercial radio, partic on R&B fridays.

That has all the hallmarks of faux outrage, ad hominen attacks, not knowing all the facts, knee-jerk reaction, and a bizarre reference to 'SJW' thrown in for good measure.

Mate, I wrote a long letter to the club regarding this issue.

Like I said, franchise clubs wouldn’t understand.

Raph Epstein had john caddy (one of the fables) on radio talking about when the fable singers recording back in 1972. Paid $100 for a day to record all 12 songs.
John can still belt out the Fitzroy theme well too.

If only the Fable Singers would record Brisbane's current theme song properly. So insipid compared with Fitzroy's song.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they can put The Beatles and Elvis in film clips 30 years after they have hung up the mic, then I can't see why they can't get some audiophile to fine tune the existing songs to make them better for broadcasting.

They have some gall messing with the club themes without engaging the members.

Doesn't faze me to much.

I listened to them today and the biggest change was adding a second verse to the Cats song. Like that they have omitted the "Hey Eagles" on West Coast song. A bit cringey

wtf is the afl talking about when it references the “diminishing quality” of the originals?

Are they lumping the original master tape around to all the grounds, thereby degrading the tape itself? Ludicrous!

If remastering to 96 or 192khz is good enough for the classic music of the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s, surely its good enough for tunes that are pumped out over a PA system at a footy ground. F*** me!

And to basically try to copy the original in instrumentation and vocals screams the question: WHY?!

I suppose it is the old case of “give someone an impressive sounding job title, and they will try to justify it by changing stuff in order to put their stamp on things”

I have no real issues with re-recordings but they really needed to get deeper, fuller vocals.

Every re-recorded song sounds a bit softer.

The fable singers error lyrics were better than the official lyrics.

With all the champions they like to send up,

Risking head and skin

Shame they have been corrected

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back