Has Clarkson 'done his time'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Karratha was one of the places my mate grew up. Hates them because of the way he was treated as a kid because he was white. He's mentioned similar treatment to non-indigeous in growing up.

Isn’t Karratha the Ngarluma people in Western Australia? What does that have to do with FNQ and NT. If it is not the Ngarluma he grew up with it would be the Banyijima or Yindjibarndi. I know quite a few of the elders on the Murujuga Aboriginal Corporation and find it very surprising this took place. Pilbara people are good people and the communities around Karratha and Roebourne are pretty beaten. I would be interested to hear both sides of the story. ‘Hates them’ is pretty ordinary words to use. Some classic stereotyping here.

Read the thread :rolleyes:

You’re talking about issues you have no idea about. It is wonderful people have empathy and feel for things they were not involved in. Horrors such as Stolen Generation should be a part of our history that we should feel guilt about and learn from do they are never repeated. You’re walking on dangerous ground with your spreading of stereotypical stories.

Love him or hate him, the idea that a vastly experienced politician and public figure goes around making thinly-veiled racist comments to indigenous people seems unlikely.
Hahahaha!

What's next, calling Pauline Hanson racist? Bloody political correctness gone mad I tells you.

Why should you feel guilty?

You should definitely feel empathy, yes.

I've got Scottish ancestry, should I hate the English for things that happened to my ancestors for 1,000 years?

Where does it end?
But you're jumping to the far ends of an argument. Unfortunately this is just what people do in our idiotic 'left versus right' and 'with us or against us' world.

Feeling some guilt isn't lunacy.

And no, you don't have to hate anyone.

Love him or hate him, the idea that a vastly experienced politician and public figure goes around making thinly-veiled racist comments to indigenous people seems unlikely.

These people make careers out of choosing their words carefully.
It only seems unlikely, if you have no understanding of Kennett and his history of poor comments.

Yes, because they treated him like s**t for years growing up.

I think people have a right to dislike certain groups based on the way they are treated by them, no? Or is that only reserved for people who aren't white?

Mind you, I should've put that in past-tense because he's also close friends with my indigenous mate.
“They”.

Do you understand that hating a group of people because of something that a few people from that race have done or did to you is the very definition of racism.

Your friend is racist, and you’re backing him up.

Unless Cyril and Shannyn had any opinion? I mean, they were the ones he said it to, but what would they know?

Opinion doesnt make something fact.

The world seems to have forgotten this in the last 15 or 20 years.

When Cyril is estranged from a huge part of his family there is far more going on here.

“They”.

Do you understand that hating a group of people because of something that a few people from that race have done or did to you is the very definition of racism.

Cool. Think on that next time you try taking the moral high-ground. Still waiting for you to examine virtue-signaling, by the way.

Your friend is racist, and you’re backing him up.
I clarified that was when he was younger.

Did you bother reading the last paragraph? He's no issue with indigenous people now, but had a pretty shitty experience growing up in an indigenous majority community, which you've dismissed as it doesn't suit your narrative.

Isn’t Karratha the Ngarluma people in Western Australia? What does that have to do with FNQ and NT. If it is not the Ngarluma he grew up with it would be the Banyijima or Yindjibarndi. I know quite a few of the elders on the Murujuga Aboriginal Corporation and find it very surprising this took place. Pilbara people are good people and the communities around Karratha and Roebourne are pretty beaten. I would be interested to hear both sides of the story. ‘Hates them’ is pretty ordinary words to use. Some classic stereotyping here.
Sorry, not Karratha, Katherine. Wrong K.

Yes, because they treated him like s**t for years growing up.

I think people have a right to dislike certain groups based on the way they are treated by them, no? Or is that only reserved for people who aren't white?

Mind you, I should've put that in past-tense because he's also close friends with my indigenous mate.

So you want everyone to hear both sides of the story for Clarkson and Fagan but you only want to listen to your mates side in this case. I don’t know an Aboriginal person who hates those that have caused them damage. That is not the nature

You’re talking about issues you have no idea about. It is wonderful people have empathy and feel for things they were not involved in. Horrors such as Stolen Generation should be a part of our history that we should feel guilt about and learn from do they are never repeated. You’re walking on dangerous ground with your spreading of stereotypical stories.
I've done indigenous history courses whilst doing other studies at TAFE in Launceston
I've heard the stories of how they were treated in Tassie and they were shocking.

I don't feel an ounce of guilt for something that happened long before I was born though, nor should I.

So you want everyone to hear both sides of the story for Clarkson and Fagan but you only want to listen to your mates side in this case. I don’t know an Aboriginal person who hates those that have caused them damage. That is not the nature
You must live an incredibly sheltered life then.

But you're jumping to the far ends of an argument. Unfortunately this is just what people do in our idiotic 'left versus right' and 'with us or against us' world.

Feeling some guilt isn't lunacy.

And no, you don't have to hate anyone.
If you had no part in bad things that happened to someone else, nor had any chance to stop bad things, why on earth would you feel any guilt?

This makes zero sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've done indigenous history courses whilst doing other studies at TAFE in Launceston
I've heard the stories of how they were treated in Tassie and they were shocking.

I don't feel an ounce of guilt for something that happened long before I was born though, nor should I.

Wow you have done courses. You must know a lot about Aboriginal people.

Yes and you can Google the names of a few indigenous communities in an attempt to win brownie points on the internet.

Congrats :thumbsu:

This gets funnier by the minute. I know how dare someone know Aboriginal names. I should be shamed.

So do football clubs.

Michael Long said Kennett is a prick but it wasnt racist.

He probably has a better idea than you and me but it wouldnt be enough to sway you.
Michael Long has an agenda in this. He’s no fan of Mrs Rioli.

Oh wow, you belittle me then get offended when I return fire.

I understand now exactly what kind of person you are.

Pathetic.

I think we're done here.

Of course we are done from your perspective because you don’t like people challenging your stereotypical views.

Oh wow, you belittle me then get offended when I return fire.

I understand now exactly what kind of person you are.

Pathetic.

I think we're done here.

You know nothing about me. You assume you know. You make sweeping statements about Aboriginal people that you have no idea about then you go and tell me that I have lived a sheltered life in regards to Aboriginal people which is probably the most naive comment on big footy this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back