Has Clarkson 'done his time'?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it's lunacy to feel guilt over something you were never part of.

It's just a deeper form of empathy isn't it?
Why should you feel guilty?

You should definitely feel empathy, yes.

I've got Scottish ancestry, should I hate the English for things that happened to my ancestors for 1,000 years?

Where does it end?

If you look hard enough, everything can be considered racist..
That's going to be tough to dispute, because it makes absolutely no sense.

Your entire view on these issues seem to be drawn from what you've heard from one or two mates. White people are not widely discriminated against in Australia. Indigenous Australians are not mostly alcoholic criminals who bring their suffering upon themselves. These are lies and stereotypes. Stop putting them forward.

Your entire view on these issues seem to be drawn from what you've heard from one or two mates. White people are not widely discriminated against in Australia. Indigenous Australians are not mostly alcoholic criminals who bring their suffering upon themselves. These are lies and stereotypes. Stop putting them forward.
I never said any of those things, you assumed them.

Sorry the experience of my friends didn't conform to your world-view.

I never said any of those things, you assumed them.
Why lie to me? It's written in your last two posts.

Here is where you claimed white people were being discriminated against:
Try being white in FNQ/NT in an indigenous majority community and being beaten up, spat on and insulted for the colour of your skin by indigenous people on a daily basis, like another of my mates' was growing up.
Here is your sharing of stereotypes of indigenous australians:
He came back from his grandmother's funeral in SA last year and remarked how much of a stereotype his SA family was, with their bombed out house, rusty car bodies in the backyard, etc. 2nd cousin(a girl) 6 years old and can't read/write and is just neglected due to her parent's drug and alcohol abuse..
Here is where you said they brought it upon themselves:
let's not pretend that a lot of these issues in their communities aren't self-inflicted these days.
Don't waste any more of your own time. Just go away and learn how to do better.

Why lie to me? It's written in your last two posts.

Here is where you claimed white people were being discriminated against:

Here is your sharing of stereotypes of indigenous australians:

Here is where you said they brought it upon themselves:

Don't waste any more of your own time. Just go away and learn how to do better.
Good job completely misinterpreting what I wrote and making up your own conclusion to suit your agenda. Sadly, it's exactly what I expected.

Take your last line as personal advice to yourself.

It doesn't matter. The mere accusation is enough for some people to determine he's guilty, simply because they feel guilty over something they were never a part of.

It's lunacy.

Who was never part of what and what do people feel guilty over?

Good job completely misinterpreting what I wrote and making up your own conclusion to suit your agenda. Sadly, it's exactly what I expected.

If I misinterpreted your posts that would imply that you had intended some other meaning. Care to explain?

If you recognise that I have an "agenda", that would imply that you know what that agenda is. Care to explain?

Or are you only trying to deflect from your posts, which come off as a bit racist, may I say. And before you hit back at me, remember you said that everything can be racist, so I can't be wrong.

Karratha was one of the places my mate grew up. Hates them because of the way he was treated as a kid because he was white. He's mentioned similar treatment to non-indigeous in growing up.
Who is Them? Aboriginals?

"let's not pretend that a lot of these issues in their communities aren't self-inflicted these days."

Copied word for word from the Murdoch media. Easier to dog whistle than to actually acknowledge structural issues within society - and then actually try to fix them.

It's basically akin to saying 'there's no cost of living crisis right now - people are just being lazy and don't work hard enough.'

Yeah just self inflicted institutional racism. Never mind lack of decent funding in rural communities, bottle shops everywhere, and institutionally biased police who see certain individuals as criminals from an early age, and basically lock them into that social strata for the rest of their lives. Nope all self inflicted.

Do you seriously read what you've written...and then wonder why you might be labelled as racist...or at the very least wildly ignorant? Theae days people are more concerned about the label than the behaviour. If you don't want to be interpreted as racist/ignorant, maybe don't friggin' act like it and repeat the catch calls.of those who actually ARE racist - and proud of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So do football clubs.

Michael Long said Kennett is a prick but it wasnt racist.

He probably has a better idea than you and me but it wouldnt be enough to sway you.
Jeff Kennett is not racist, and his mother is a virgin.

Last edited:
Michael Long doesnt know racism. Right?

I cant stand Kennett and the gollywogs is messed up, but a comment about jeans is a comment about jeans.
Unless Cyril and Shannyn had any opinion? I mean, they were the ones he said it to, but what would they know?

"let's not pretend that a lot of these issues in their communities aren't self-inflicted these days."

Copied word for word from the Murdoch media. Easier to dog whistle than to actually acknowledge structural issues within society - and then actually try to fix them.

It's basically akin to saying 'there's no cost of living crisis right now - people are just being lazy and don't work hard enough.'

Yeah just self inflicted institutional racism. Never mind lack of decent funding in rural communities, bottle shops everywhere, and institutionally biased police who see certain individuals as criminals from an early age, and basically lock them into that social strata for the rest of their lives. Nope all self inflicted.

Do you seriously read what you've written...and then wonder why you might be labelled as racist...or at the very least wildly ignorant? Theae days people are more concerned about the label than the behaviour. If you don't want to be interpreted as racist/ignorant, maybe don't friggin' act like it and repeat the catch calls.of those who actually ARE racist - and proud of it.
What white people are going into indigenous communities right now and causing systemic child abuse, alcoholism, drug abuse, rape, domestic violence, etc?

Conversely, should white people go in there and 'fix' said problems? That didn't exactly go down so well the last few times, for obvious reasons.

What do you even want?

Who is Them? Aboriginals?
Yes, because they treated him like s**t for years growing up.

I think people have a right to dislike certain groups based on the way they are treated by them, no? Or is that only reserved for people who aren't white?

Mind you, I should've put that in past-tense because he's also close friends with my indigenous mate.

Either Clarkson has done something extremely wrong, or his accusers have made all of this up, in which case his accusers have done something very wrong. By protesting Clarkson's innocence you're accusing someone of wrongdoing just as much as I am.

That, or you’re just following hundreds of years of established legal convention.

Come on, ever heard of subtle racism? or racist tropes? A poor Aboriginal who can't look after themselves?

A young aboriginal woman who's likely grown up and heard all sorts of disparaging things about her race and the colour of her skin has it suggested to her from old white elite(with a collection of golliwogs) that she's not dressed appropriately, because she can't afford to buy proper clothes.

It's not all hard to see how she could take Kennett's words as a racially charged swipe at her background.

Love him or hate him, the idea that a vastly experienced politician and public figure goes around making thinly-veiled racist comments to indigenous people seems unlikely.

These people make careers out of choosing their words carefully.

The archetypal strawman argument.
He never made any of these claims.

The archetypal strawman argument.
He never made any of these claims.
I'm sorry, didn't he say that Indigenous people bring their suffering upon themselves? Are you able to read?
let's not pretend that a lot of these issues in their communities aren't self-inflicted these days

If I misrepresented what he said, then please Mr Strawman, explain his intended meaning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back