Rumour Gillon to resign imminently - snake escaping cage

Remove this Banner Ad

Grant Thomas‏ @Thomo_Grant
I’m led to believe AFL (Gil & Fitzy) are to front court next Wednesday on deceptive conduct with ESS case but are trying every trick in the book to defer & obfuscate proceedings. Whilst it’s their right I’m somewhat bewildered by who’s funding exorbitant legal fees? AFL clubs?

Further to this, I can't remember the exact question asked but there was a series of questions starting from talk about rumours that have exploded over the place and progressed to family and how rumours can affect family getting a bit more personal each time. Gil was quite curt and dismissive with his final answer and then turned to Gerard for a change in topic. It felt a bit awkward for a minute or two afterwards and Gil's face went a slightly ruddier shade of red.

Caroline Wilson was on 3AW just now saying that the AFL were furious with Robinson and Fox Footy over the airing of these questions and that apparently there have been high-level board discussions about it all today. Apparently the AFL said they were prepared to go as high as Rupert Murdoch to get this resolved!

the w***er can piss off

c536b.jpg

So the AFL want journos and clubs to have integrity in reporting but once a journo has some integrity and asks the questions his boss gets phone calls?

Journo ' Gil is it true that there are rumours out there about you?'

Gil ' I dont speak to journos that dont have AFL accreditation'

Journo ' But I do'

Gil' you did'

Ok....& how did you arrive at this understanding? Bar fly scuttlebutt or you have a credible AFL insider??
Football circles I was led to believe, someone with good sources in football circles. Might have just heard it a round football circles though

Who does Robbo hero worship? Hird!

Who is one of the people that Hird blames for his downfall? Gill.

Would Robbo (goaded on by Hird and his cronies) seek to extract revenge for his fallen god?

Is Robbo a dumb enough campaigner to be that stupid?

Do you really think a rumor like this, if true, could be kept out of the main stream for this long in the current environment?

I think Robbo might have jumped the shark. Lets hope would be hilarious.

Who does Robbo hero worship? Hird!

Who is one of the people that Hird blames for his downfall? Gill.

Would Robbo (goaded on by Hird and his cronies) seek to extract revenge for his fallen god?

Is Robbo a dumb enough campaigner to be that stupid?

Do you really think a rumor like this, if true, could be kept out of the main stream for this long in the current environment?

I think Robbo might have jumped the shark. Lets hope would be hilarious.

Wouldn’t he be blaming Andy Pandy for Hirds downfall

I just think that slobbo has no credibility anymore and was just looking to make a dick of himself running with unsubstantiated s**t. Gil’s a lawyer, so I think his picked the wrong target this time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m led to believe Gil & Fitzy are to front court next Wednesday on deceptive conduct with ESS case but are trying every trick in the book to defer & obfuscate proceedings. Whilst it’s their right I’m somewhat bewildered by who’s funding exorbitant legal fees? AFL clubs?

Wouldn’t he be blaming Andy Pandy for Hirds downfall

I just think that slobbo has no credibility anymore and was just looking to make a dick of himself running with unsubstantiated s**t. Gil’s a lawyer, so I think his picked the wrong target this time

Robbo has been shitcanning the AFL consistently since the Essendon fiasco began. His audacious attempts to pin head office with the blame for the stuffups of AFL clubs and their players have often been breathtaking. It appears he believes that loyalty to James Hird and the EFC are more important to him than to the competition that he makes his living from. Baffling, and surely with some consequences in the near future.

I’m led to believe Gil & Fitzy are to front court next Wednesday on deceptive conduct with ESS case but are trying every trick in the book to defer & obfuscate proceedings. Whilst it’s their right I’m somewhat bewildered by who’s funding exorbitant legal fees? AFL clubs?
Quoting someone else's tweet as your own work?? Word for word?!

Summary of Gillon being named in Supreme Court on Wednesday.... God.... If we have a Gil thread, let's maintain it properly! :) https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ssendon-supplements-saga-20180321-p4z5jc.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back