Players ban Robbo

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think one of the reasons why Robo hates Collingwood is because he works for the Herald Scum and Eddie has ties with the ALP? On second thought I doubt Robo even follows politics.

I agree with you and it's a really interesting topic. But it's a dangerous discussion point. If you open the door to positive traits that are skewed by genetics, you've also got to open the door to negative traits that are also skewed by genetics, and too many still have latent or active tendencies to judge by the stereotype.
You are 100% correst so we stifle discussion becxause we don't trust sensability. That's why so many people complain about "PC gone mad" and then you get right wing groups getting traction because they strike a cord with too many middle of the road people.

The answer is always sensible discussion IMO.

Anyway, off topic so enough from me.

Robbo is a bogan anmd a DH but not everything he says that is negative toward Collingwood is inaccurate.

As soon as anything bad happens at Collingwood he will kick the living s**t out of us and go off on tangents and make unsaid accusations. I will never forget the way he went after Didak re the Hudson night on the town. It was utterly disgusting, the way he tried to make it far worse than it was.

And then we have him refusing to condemn Hird for creating an environment where a whole team got doped. So brave, so very brave is Robbo. It is so good not having to hear his voice on SEN. I can now 100% avoid this dickheads comments. I did see him calling Lindsay Thomas bump a 'dog act'. Terrible accusation to make of someone. 5 years ago that was a legit bump.

Mark that is a surprising post by you. You have got this very wrong.
Indigenous has nothing to do with colour. Calling somone black or white to compare them does. If he wants to compare the two players as footballers, which was his intention, then their colour has nothing to do with the conversation, only their skill set.

It is racist, even if it may have been casually so rather than with intent. Just as his statement that men would be turned on by Erin Phillips bring her female partner to the awards night, is sexist and inappropriate.

The guy is an uneducated bogan that needs to held to account.
Funny how when Eddie says something derogatory about Caroline Wilson or Adam Goodes he's the first one carrying the pitchfork

As soon as anything bad happens at Collingwood he will kick the living s**t out of us and go off on tangents and make unsaid accusations. I will never forget the way he went after Didak re the Hudson night on the town. It was utterly disgusting, the way he tried to make it far worse than it was.

And then we have him refusing to condemn Hird for creating an environment where a whole team got doped. So brave, so very brave is Robbo. It is so good not having to hear his voice on SEN. I can now 100% avoid this dickheads comments. I did see him calling Lindsay Thomas bump a 'dog act'. Terrible accusation to make of someone. 5 years ago that was a legit bump.

Not defending Robbo because I dont remember what he said but Didaks situation was pretty bloody bad. As bad as it gets...........

Mark that is a surprising post by you. You have got this very wrong.
Indigenous has nothing to do with colour. Calling somone black or white to compare them does. If he wants to compare the two players as footballers, which was his intention, then their colour has nothing to do with the conversation, only their skill set.

It is racist, even if it may have been casually so rather than with intent. Just as his statement that men would be turned on by Erin Phillips bring her female partner to the awards night, is sexist and inappropriate.

The guy is an uneducated bogan that needs to held to account.
What if he called Stephenson a skinny Lance Franklin? Is that allowed?

Should we also ban people calling Sachin Tendulkar ‘little master’? Because height doesn’t play a role in his ability.

Should we also sack every commentator that says ‘Big mean fast bowler’? Because that is clearly heightist.

If you actually look at the dictionary definition of racism, it only occurs if superiority or prejudice of one race over another is inferred. Robbo’s comments didn’t infer such a thing and hence was not racist.

Should we also ban people calling Sachin Tendulkar ‘little master’? Because height doesn’t play a role in his ability.

Should we also sack every commentator that says ‘Big mean fast bowler’? Because that is clearly heightist.

If you actually look at the dictionary definition of racism, it only occurs if superiority or prejudice of one race over another is inferred. Robbo’s comments didn’t infer such a thing and hence was not racist.
What colour are you?

That must be a white mans definition. The rest of your post has nothing to do with racisim so not sure why you would use those examples. Maybe look up the definition of prejudice as that may suit your post better.

While your at it maybe the link below can help you understand it better and also help you understand the difference between racisim and predudice.

http://affinitymagazine.us/2017/02/...our-dictionary-definition-of-racism-is-wrong/

You really don't understand racism, do you?

Herald Sun 2019 Footy Magazine has their leading Footy Scribe -Robbo tipping the Pies to win the flag.Does this mean that we now respect his superior judgement or do we consider it as a Hex? Of the 22 Scribes tipping 7 went for a Pies Flag with all picking a final eight finish.Fingers and toes crossed that the Holy Grail beckons.

Herald Sun 2019 Footy Magazine has their leading Footy Scribe -Robbo tipping the Pies to win the flag.Does this mean that we now respect his superior judgement or do we consider it as a Hex? Of the 22 Scribes tipping 7 went for a Pies Flag with all picking a final eight finish.Fingers and toes crossed that the Holy Grail beckons.
Still a slob.

Still no idea.

Still can’t structure a sentence.

Still dirty looking.

Still slurs.

Still a slob.

* no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did not even know that was out Today

Ghost writer, someone else’s tips or a transcription error?

Ghost writer, someone else’s tips or a transcription error?
Fell in drunken stupor and cursor when fallen on was hovering above on Collingwood.

Who Else Tipped Collingwood in the HS?
Mick Malthouse,Glenn McFarlane,Scott Gullan,Tyson Goldsack (Surprise Surprise),Mick McGuane (Minor Surprise) and Eliza Sewell (Mini Surprise) who noted -"It's been too long at Collingwood without a tattooed matchwinner named Dayne/Dane.Problem rectified".
Robbo's credibility hanging by a thread so needs to make a correct judgement for 2019 Premier!!!!

He only does this to break usdown later on, headlines like "Collingwood disappoints" etc etc. Tbh I was confident last year that this would be our year but that was before we had reached the GF. To reach the GF twice would indeed be very very special although with the new rules, this could count as a first attempt again :)

He is just holding us to high standards so that if we don't reach it he can slam us.

I believe 2019 will be a tough year for us, 2020 is a year I back us to be odds on for the flag

Has anyone ever noticed how Blond footballers always seem to play better than Redheads?

Plus I'm doing a little research on Blue eyed footballers....results later

Except there are genetic physical variances between races...so comparing a trait of said race to another is not racist by and of itself. (Yes a generalism of said race but it becomes that way do to the large amount in said race showing said trait).

Not everything in this world is racist because a "white" male said it, in fact I know quite a few aboriginals who hate white people for no other reason then they are white (even though they themselves have white descendants < a can of worms topic for another day that one).

I also find hypocritical and amusing that "black" people say that they cant be racist towards whites (despite quite clearly displaying it) and they believe there is no such thing!

Quite frankly I'm getting sick of the one way traffic that gets slung at whites and white men in general, you have a small minority out there who ARE actually racists, but this is not the domain of white men alone. ALL races white, aisan, aboriginal, African, Maori etc have groups of people who hate other races.

The difference is it is cool to s**t on white men (even by other whites > SWJ united over sensitive and looking at everything from a distorted view of whites = racists).

Mick Malthouse,Glenn McFarlane,Scott Gullan,Tyson Goldsack (Surprise Surprise),Mick McGuane (Minor Surprise) and Eliza Sewell (Mini Surprise) who noted -"It's been too long at Collingwood without a tattooed matchwinner named Dayne/Dane.Problem rectified".
Robbo's credibility hanging by a thread so needs to make a correct judgement for 2019 Premier!!!!
Glenn McFarlane is also a dyed in the wool magpie fan. He has written or co-written many of our historical books -eg 'The Machine' and 'The Jock McHale Story'. No surprise he tipped the 'Pies for the flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back