Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad to see Vinny go. But he never played up to that contract. He will be immortalised with our first SB. Wouldn't surprise me to see him come back in a couple of years to play out his final contract.

Yeah, that looks awesome.

Has anyone been over to Philly? I'm thinking it might be a good time for my first trip to the States.

I was there for 2 days in 2012. Caught a Sixers game while I was there. We didn't make the Playoffs that season but with the Philly Sports complex all together got to see the Linc. Driving into Philly you can't miss it even, one of the main highways runs right by it, pretty cool sight.

If you like history the city is really cool. Easy access from NY obviously.

BeinPurplenGreen Might be able to shed more. I think he's lived there

Has anyone been over to Philly? I'm thinking it might be a good time for my first trip to the States.
Its not a tourist destination, I would go to about 10 other cities before philly tbh. if you are looking at going to an eagles game then that is a different story, but getting eagles tickets the year after they win the sb will be difficult and expensive i would guess.

Its not a tourist destination, I would go to about 10 other cities before philly tbh. if you are looking at going to an eagles game then that is a different story, but getting eagles tickets the year after they win the sb will be difficult and expensive i would guess.
Not even to go lick the liberty bell? (sorry, How I Met your Mother reference haha).

I couldn't go to the States without going to Philly. Don't care if it's not a 'tourist destination'. It's my number 1 place I want to visit haha.

Been twice my man, first time was 2013 when we put 54 up on the bears at the Linc! Next was 2015 when we beat the Giants 27-7 on Sunday Night Football from memory. It's amazing, its hostile and it's loud and it's passionate.

#FreeMeek finally happened.

Lurie and Meek Mill are courtside at the Sixers game tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really really like the pick.

QB: Carson Wentz
RB: Jay Ajayi
3DRB: Corey Clement/Darren Sproles
WR: Alshon Jeffery
WR: Nelson Agholor
WR: Mike Wallace
TE: Zach Ertz
TE: Dallas Goedert
Dominant O-Line

There's some stunning catches in that video :eek:

Still, he's going to get by NFL secondaries if he keeps bobbling 1-handers like that. Also, I hope he can block, cos that's what we're missing without Celek & Burton.

There's some stunning catches in that video :eek:

Still, he's going to get by NFL secondaries if he keeps bobbling 1-handers like that. Also, I hope he can block, cos that's what we're missing without Celek & Burton.

The notes from the war room is that blocking wasn't a big issue with picking him. He was chosen for offensive value in the passing game. Some of our key run game blocking only required a barely passable block. Burton was tiny and was still super effective on the wham blocks and traps inside. Goedert will be fine. He's 6'5 260. Massive frame.

Here it is

Goedert said he was sure Dallas was getting him the pick after. Howie called him and said we were trading up to get him. So perfect.

i spent 3 days there, caught the amtrak train there from DC., then headed up via train to NY and Boston

its a really gritty city, 2 nights would be heaps, has heaps of american history obviously , doing the rocky steps was a real highlight of my trip.

Funny- every year I go in sure that they'll address running back (and this year returner), and end up with egg on my face.

I don't mind that much - RBs are a bit of a crapshoot in the draft. The can't-miss guys like Garrett are pretty few and far between, and you can often get a guy off the street who performs as well as a 3rd or 4th round pick. Clement is a good example of that, and I'm perfectly happy to roll with him and Ajayi.

I don't mind that much - RBs are a bit of a crapshoot in the draft. The can't-miss guys like Garrett are pretty few and far between, and you can often get a guy off the street who performs as well as a 3rd or 4th round pick. Clement is a good example of that, and I'm perfectly happy to roll with him and Ajayi.

I'm not so worried about it per se. I like J-Train and Clement. Perhaps if there was somewhere we could improve our running back corp, it would be by adding someone who is genuinely explosive. Neither clement or Ayagi have home run speed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back