Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think-of-the-Children-1080x739.jpg

Smoking dope? Acid trips? To name two, but I agree with you. For some, issues must be found and complained about.
Pretty sure acid doesn’t come up in drug testing, so Brodes can trip as much as he likes

Pretty sure acid doesn’t come up in drug testing, so Brodes can trip as much as he likes

So you're saying that I didn't need to preclude myself from the AFL.

Derek and Ned, I'm available under this dodgy new recruiting rule that WCE will in the future use to help hide their local stars.

This dude is part of the reason for cultural change at pies. Love him. Imagine walking into a club on your first day and Grundy comes up to you, would be as genuine as they come

He relates to all personalities.

For me he is the perfect next Pies Captain.

I love him.

He relates to all personalities.

For me he is the perfect next Pies Captain.

I love him.
Couldn't agree more, CFC! Any footballer who is comfortable being photographed wearing glasses and so obviously loves dogs gets my seal of approval. But as you say, he has many other qualities that recommend him as the next captain. I recall Buckley's high appraisal of Grundy during the finals and the manner in which Grundy hugged Moore after the defender's injury. It's hard to imagine any player at the club not wanting to give their full support and effort to Grundy as captain. He is perfection personified as leadership material. I think he has to get the job ahead of Sidebottom and Adams.

I would agree with this too and he may provide him with that extra incentive to stay at the club because Port and the Crows will be after him.

Highly doubt he Leave.

Crows and Power would have to give a Lot back in a Trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would anybody move back to Adelaide? Especially someone with the intelligence of Grundy.
Yeah I can remember in the '80's with the annual Chrissy brewery strikes standing in the public bar sucking on bloody Adelaide mud in a can - stank too - but at least it was wet and cold.

The water over there is foul o_O:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I would agree with this too and he may provide him with that extra incentive to stay at the club because Port and the Crows will be after him.

But he doesn't want to be part of the leadership group, let alone captain, so appointing him would be more likely to make him leave.

He'll always be an on-field leader, but these days captaincy is about a heap of off-field meetings. I don't blame him for not wanting to be a part of it.

But he doesn't want to be part of the leadership group, let alone captain, so appointing him would be more likely to make him leave.

He'll always be an on-field leader, but these days captaincy is about a heap of off-field meetings. I don't blame him for not wanting to be a part of it.
Yes that’s the considered word on Brodie.
He’s just not enamoured with being a captain type.
Absolutely no issues, if it’s not your thing, it’s not your thing.

I can’t see him leaving us at all* as everything indictees he loves it here and the people around him.

* only a catastrophic break down in relationships with the club would see him pack his bags.
Also our club is long past the era of low balling on money (hope we are, we’re just not that dumb anymore).

Did anyone hear the Grundy interview on 7 last night? He used my favourite word, 'chemistry'. Anxious to get back to playing.
The club seems to have great chemistry within the whole group.

That’s terrific.

Grundy in good areas

Tom Robertson and Adam McNicol

Feb 26, 2019 1:21PM

645177-tlslargelandscape.jpg

Brodie Grundy on team photo day

Brodie Grundy is confident in where his fitness is at after a friendly fire training incident struck him down with a toe injury earlier this year.

The 24-year-old rejoined the main training group on February 18 and is set to play a role in Collingwood’s JLT Community Series campaign.

“You’d always like to be fitter, stronger and quicker. Where I am now, considering what has happened I think I’m really well placed,” Grundy told SEN’s Whateley program.

“We’ve still got a month of solid footy to get in and build chemistry with the team.

“I think I’ve made a bit of step up. I don’t think I was projected to play the JTL first game (against Fremantle). I think I’m doing that now.

“It’s all positive.”

Collingwood will take on the Dockers at Joondalup on Monday, March 4.

TR180219MD0064.jpg

Grundy and his teammates are in a positive frame of mind ahead of the match.

“The space that the club is in at the moment is fantastic,” he said. “I can’t speak highly enough of how the right people have come in and really changed the organisation for the better.

“The feeling of coming into work, I’m really loving the space I’m in. As I’m sure you know, when you love what you do, you’ll generally perform better. It’s exciting.”

Grundy challenged himself during the off-season by completing the gruelling hike to the Mt Everest base camp.

“My friend was going to base camp, and we were chatting throughout the year how awesome it would be,” he recalled.

“My girlfriend actually did base camp the year before, she was always in my ear about how I’d love it, I’d love the culture, I’d love the people. I thought it was a nice sentiment and that it’d be good to get there one day.

“Then, I thought, ‘Stuff it, there’s no time like now.’

“It felt like a bit of a representation of our year, you know. We climbed a bit of a mountain as a footy club. I thought, why not climb Mt Everest after the season.

“It was fantastic. One of the best things I’ve ever done.

grundynepal%20copy.png

“I found some time to myself. I found times when I was in awe of the world and the landscape. You meet fantastic unique people.

“It doesn’t matter where you’re from, what language you speak there is always a way to connect with people. I definitely felt that with the Nepalese boys.

“It’s a really grounding experience when you’re gasping for air and your legs are burning. You’re doing this alongside someone you’ve just met, but you feel connected to them.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back