A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree 100%, talk about elitism for one VAFA club. All clubs at all levels should be rotated through there every week, it’s outrageous that they are a tenant there.

They can play where ever they like. It's between Optus, OM's and Coll VFL. no one elses business. I daresay it would have been ratified by the VAFA, so whats the "big deal"? Elitism?...rubbish

Couldn't care less , they should find their own . They have Port Melbourne.

I don’t have a strong view on whether they should or shouldn’t be allowed to play at EP and I am far from being an OM’s apologist but it is important to have the facts.

I understand that the development of EP required an ‘anchor’ tenant and the stars aligned for OMs. I also understand that other clubs were approached/considered but in the end it never eventuated. Ajax and I believe a few others were among those.

Port Melbourne is a school facility and they cannot play there for the same reason that other Old Boys clubs cannot use their school facilities – i.e. APS sport takes priority.

The rotating of clubs through EP was canned after 2012 due to a backlash from clubs who for a combination of reasons did want to play there. Would seem to be a terrible waste to have a facility like that used only for finals and umpire training.

They can play where ever they like. It's between Optus, OM's and Coll VFL. no one elses business. I daresay it would have been ratified by the VAFA, so whats the "big deal"? Elitism?...rubbish
Lol, comprehension obviously isn’t your strong point, what are you talking about?

mr jimmyjack hit the mark. the new deal meant a resident club was required. o.m's got the gig. that was no surprise given the alternatives. get over it.

Truly, there *is* a first for everything! Rumours are the lifeblood - nay, the very oxygen that VAFA BigFooty breathes. I feel... disappointed.

The rumour down the coast is Brendan Iezzi is playing at Inverloch.
What’s the standard like down there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rumour down the coast is Brendan Iezzi is playing at Inverloch.
What’s the standard like down there?

Not a rumour Mr Castro as transfer pages would indicate this is confirmed. WGFL is a minor league and the standard is significantly below A grade. Like all comps there are a handful of standouts but the ageing Mr Iezzi will still take the P155. Super player who would still have an impact in Premier VAFA football.

It's not important in your mind . They have got a massive advantage.
it is not important to most here. mr jimmyjack said if it was not them it would have been someone else. it is not uncommon for home grounds to be used for finals and grand finals. the ‘g’ is the home ground for darkthorn, colliwoble and the great tigs.

you are a perennial whinger. if it is not om’s it is glen eira, the umpiring, the vafa, the cost of a beer or food, club facilities, womens football............. whinge, whinge, whinge.

it is not important to most here. mr jimmyjack said if it was not them it would have been someone else. it is not uncommon for home grounds to be used for finals and grand finals. the ‘g’ is the home ground for darkthorn, colliwoble and the great tigs.

you are a perennial whinger. if it is not om’s it is glen eira, the umpiring, the vafa, the cost of a beer or food, club facilities, womens football............. whinge, whinge, whinge.
It's not important , but it's an open forum for discussion on the VAFA , if you don't like it there's an ignore option.

It's not important , but it's an open forum for discussion on the VAFA , if you don't like it there's an ignore option.

Actually it's the Premier division forum. Not sure why you always bring your baggage in here complaining about things that don't affect you or your club. You're not an authority on everything VAFA let alone Premier division.

You really need to get over your district club self loathing. OM's don't have a good deal, they don't get any of the benefits a club with a usual home ground would get (home base, money from lunches, Thursday night dinners, Sunday player functions, Saturday night events etc). No one wants to play there during regular season unless it's towards the pointy end and are playing finals.

I wasn't sure if it was the Premier division forum . On the VAFA ,i'm certainly not an authority like your good self or Doug Hogan . Sorry Chazz to offend you. I have my thoughts on OM's and I will give them .
Post what you want whenever you want, OTP is the man about town in these parts, he will decide what can and cannot be posted.

I noticed true blue SKOB footballer Anthony Seaton played in the St Kilda praccy match yesterday, another home grown 13 year SKC gun for the King :)

You forgot DLS (the U19s in particular), Old Camberwell, especially that cheating F!@#$%^ time keeper, Kew, Ian Aitken, Jon Edgar, Mark Williams, Guy McKenna, a few other coaches and Old Boys clubs in general. Come to think of it I think he dislikes everything but the mighty Ormond footy club. For clarity that’s the senior club, not those pesky juniors who have no affiliation at all. Except they share a ground, name, suburb and wear the same jumper.

Just a wind up. Bedford knows his footy, loves his club and brings some colour to the forum. Long may it continue.

You forgot DLS (the U19s in particular), Old Camberwell, especially that cheating F!@#$%^ time keeper, Kew, Ian Aitken, Jon Edgar, Mark Williams, Guy McKenna, a few other coaches and Old Boys clubs in general. Come to think of it I think he dislikes everything but the mighty Ormond footy club. For clarity that’s the senior club, not those pesky juniors who have no affiliation at all. Except they share a ground, name, suburb and wear the same jumper.

Just a wind up. Bedford knows his footy, loves his club and brings some colour to the forum. Long may it continue.

Lot of truth said in jest

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back