Preview R1 v St Kilda @ Marvel Stadium (Sunday, March 24)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well they’d be melting because everyone says we are s#*t that’s been gift wrapped in vomit and it’s up to us to win these games and turn that perception around.
You guys aren't s**t. I always believe in the saying that nothing is as good or bad as it seems. I don't think you'll finish bottom like most expect. To come interstate and nearly win, against any side, is good stuff.

Tough loss today, Swallow was immense in the last.

Just wanted to say that performance from Snipper Miles today is what you can expect. Week in, week out tough inside player. He was one of our most important players a few years ago, you will absolutely love him based on how he fitted into your system today.

Was a gut wrenching loss but enjoyable day besides the saints fans who were quite feral. Was it loud on tv? For sure! Back it up next week, make lots of noise! Our boys were feeding off the energy and noise.

I heard Suns chants and plenty of cheering with goals which surprised me so yes, guess it was loud.

I spent an hour trying to find the clip on YouTube. I feel it needed the clip to nail a post of the year nomination.
So I was forced to hope everyone had seen the replacements.

It's the favourite movie of both your moderators ;)

Maybe 2MP read Blitz nutstar ?

what was the crowd like?
sounded like a few suns in the crowd but couldn't see many on tv.
Quite a few scattered around where I was seated. Probably didn't show up as much with Saints fans having red on too.

Happy with the effort although shattered to lose when it was winnable.
Powell improved out of sight but just lacked composure those 2 times which hurt. He'll learn and I think will be a player.

Quite a few scattered around where I was seated. Probably didn't show up as much with Saints fans having red on too.

Happy with the effort although shattered to lose when it was winnable.
Powell improved out of sight but just lacked composure those 2 times which hurt. He'll learn and I think will be a player.
Anyone putting some coin on a Powell rising star award?

$34 at the moment.

He plays like this every week he will be up there.

Anyone putting some coin on a Powell rising star award?

$34 at the moment.

He plays like this every week he will be up there.
I understand he "had big numbers in the NEAFL last year that he couldn't convert when he got senior opportunity?";)
Our special Hell...being subjected to Duh-wayne and Healey as match commentators

I understand he "had big numbers in the NEAFL last year that he couldn't convert when he got senior opportunity?";)
Our special Hell...being subjected to Duh-wayne and Healey as match commentators
Have you heard that Charlie Ballard had one of the worst kick ratings as per Champion Data last year

Not sure I heard that today but heard it minimum 3 times over the JLT series.
DerWayne just has one statement written down about our players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me about it - are we going to have those morons every week?
I actually didn't get home til half time and turned on to hear them going on and on about how St Kilda were dominant and how bad the Suns were
I looked at the score thinking we must have been down by 5 or 6 goals.Nope.We won the first quarter, lost the second and won the 3rd and 4th, but you wouldn't know it from those dickheads

I actually didn't get home til half time and turned on to hear them going on and on about how St Kilda were dominant and how bad the Suns were
I looked at the score thinking we must have been down by 5 or 6 goals.Nope.We won the first quarter, lost the second and won the 3rd and 4th, but you wouldn't know it from those dickheads
Mind you this is the same bloke a couple of years ago, when we were up by 2 goals in cairns that “there’s a six goal wind so actually the bulldogs are infront by 4 goals”

Flog

If you guys feel like it freeze fame the Burgess mark, almost, at the top of the square from 2MP's kick in the last 2 minutes, it could have been mark of the year, has both hands firmly on it and miles above the pack................so close

Powells two turnovers were so crucial at the worst possible momentum timings - was a shame for the kid but he did kick a clutch goal

GHS should have kicked over into the LHS pocket had a man clear instead of to the pack, need smarter choices from the experienced guys when the game is on the line

Ballard is a massive find such a great young player

That close one would have been huge for our guys to win

Anyone else think we got the better of the umpiring, I thought they were pretty good to us

Tough loss today, Swallow was immense in the last.

Just wanted to say that performance from Snipper Miles today is what you can expect. Week in, week out tough inside player. He was one of our most important players a few years ago, you will absolutely love him based on how he fitted into your system today.

Also I have no idea what Corey Ellis will provide, but we had extremely high hopes for him. He was known as silk.

Was an absolute titan at VFL, accumulator and elite decision making, but just never seemed urgent enough at AFL.

Sexton now kicked 24 goals over his past 12 games.
I'd like to subscribe to "SexyFacts"

Big Red Machine - Early nomination for post of the year
I say let's give it to him now, Doubt we're gonna top it ;)

Well done today guys. You played a hell of a game. Plenty of promising signs. If you ventured to the Saints board you'd probably see that we are melting over a win - incredible scenes really.

Think you will surprise a few this year!
Thanks mate, Well done to you guys on the win.

End of the day you closed the game out and got the 4 points.

Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you in Townsville in 12 weeks or so. Good luck till then.

Saints fans cheered like they’d won the GF when the siren sounded
I don't blame them, We would have too. It was an important game for both teams.

Who had "Bods says Mini GF after the first game" in Suns Supporter Lotto?
Suns Board Bingo? - Now that's not a bad idea.

I spent an hour trying to find the clip on YouTube. I feel it needed the clip to nail a post of the year nomination.
So I was forced to hope everyone had seen the replacements.
Should be required viewing for both Suns members and the team itself.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/37502a16-9484-4842-bfb1-878e52cdec4c - closest I could find

SUNS is absolutely correct, Still hands down my favourite film of all time.

Reminds me of the current Suns actually
images (39).jpeg

If you guys feel like it freeze fame the Burgess mark, almost, at the top of the square from 2MP's kick in the last 2 minutes, it could have been mark of the year, has both hands firmly on it and miles above the pack................so close

Powells two turnovers were so crucial at the worst possible momentum timings - was a shame for the kid but he did kick a clutch goal

GHS should have kicked over into the LHS pocket had a man clear instead of to the pack, need smarter choices from the experienced guys when the game is on the line

Ballard is a massive find such a great young player

That close one would have been huge for our guys to win

Anyone else think we got the better of the umpiring, I thought they were pretty good to us
Thought we got the better of the umpiring except when and where it mattered most. A couple of decisions / non-decisions at the end there were costly.

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 6.20.43 AM.png

Best I could do
Thats a head he is standing on.
Took his eyes off the ball!! was looking for the landing.
Damn, so close.

Cannot fault the players effort gave there all.
Once again killed by turnovers and poor options at vital time hopefully this improves as the season progresses.

Positives :
Played the game right out something we have struggled with in past years. Actually were stronger at the finish.
Form of younger Players -Ballard Powell Fiorini Mcpherson was encouraging all have the potential to be 10 year players.
Miles Collins and Hombsch look like handy additions.
Courage of Swallow to play and contribute under duress.

Negatives:
Poor disposal continues to haunt us.
Murdoch HorlinSmith and Burgess had poor games ,will need to improve to keep there spots.
Weller Hanley Martin Wright and Witts are in our main core of leaders had their moments but all need to lift their
output for us to remain competitive in most games.
Injuries to Swallow and Ainsworth could have serious long term consequences (praying hard)
It only gets harder from here on .

Best Players
Ballard Powell Fiorini Miller Sexton MacPherson Miles Bowes Swallow Collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back