Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Bulldogs it's not just about the ones they get, but about the ones the other team doesn't.

They got twenty free kicks in the 2016 Grand Final. Not that bad really.

Til you see that Sydney received eight. Eight. An average of two a quarter. Just lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol that game was so bad. Pretty sure the Swans only had 4 frees to 3/4 time.

Also as much as I have contempt for Essendon fans, at least they hung around to watch the medal and boo instead of immediately skulking away. They give a s**t, even if they do support a mob of druggie cheats.

Crowds that cheer a lot also boo a lot - better the booing than universal silence regardless of the game.

For me booing is the right side of the white line that, when crossed, leads to dumb soccer s**t like throwing flares and rioting

That’s the other thing. We’ve made huge in-roads into better educating fans on racism, homophobia, sexism, violence and OTT-language.

A groundswell to elevate uncouth behaviours to that level of contraband suggests perspective is being lost.

It was a 50/50 play on tussle but in the replay it appeared Langdon at the final second had his arm across his opponents chest trapping the opponent from raising his arms for the marking attempt. Maybe that's what the umpire saw. I would've called play on.
Langdon and Baguley (spelling?) were like 2 octopi mating but there was no arm grab or jumper grab I could see. I absolutely agree it was play on. It comes back to the fact umpires should rule on what they clearly see, not what they think might have happened. And in front of goal in a match that could have been lost because of the call it was pretty unprofessional. FWIW even if it had been play on I'm pretty sure Essendon were about to get at least a point.

Also as much as I have contempt for Essendon fans, at least they hung around to watch the medal and boo instead of immediately skulking away. They give a s**t, even if they do support a mob of druggie cheats.
They may have thought an Essendon player would win. Is it only a winning team player who gets it, like the Norm Smith?

They may have thought an Essendon player would win.

Having seen it a few times thanks to Whateley treating it like the Zapruder film, the booing starts a split-second after the Collingwood fans roar.

I’d say it was simmering outrage and bitterness at the events of the last minute and the result spilling over to counter Pies joy.

Go back and have a read of the reaction when Robbie Gray was booed after the second Showdown last year. Not many Port supporters approved of that. It's classless garbage.

My point is it's happened at every one when the home team loses and the other team gets the medal.. media haven't cared til suddenly booing is a huge issue. Nothings changed with the booing since I can remember watching and going to the footy and no one cares except w***ers like Whately. He's quickly becoming the new Tim Lane as the national derp football expert.

Agreed. Save the booing for Polec but spare a Bronx cheer for when Pittard finally hits a Port player on the chest.

Or are Bronx cheers under the microscope too?

Only allowed if you are from the Bronx. If not you're racist.

I think they had none at all in the second quarter, which they kicked six goals in and won.

'First to the ball'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was just awful. I’d never wish injury on a player but part of me wanted Hannebery to suffer a compound fracture from that slide just to emphasise the farce on display.

... I think Buckley won a Norm Smith against Brisbane in the GF.
Yeah but I'm pretty confident it was his reaction to that in 2003 that saw the awarding changed so that only the best player from the winning team gets it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back