Opinion The Booing of Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I loved the booing. Even posted a boo on Facebook!! * it. Out boys controlled the game for five eighths of the game but still lost. To top it off we copped a reaming from the umps and we'd been booing them all the way off the ground. We still had a few boos left in us and the guy who flopped in our forward line which led to us losing field position copped a spray. Move on you soft pricks. It ain't like we're going to keep it up. However, if there is a big deal made about it I suggest we boo the s**t out of him in the return match to irritate them.

The Nerdling was on his sanctimonious high horse on AFL360. It took great restraint for me not to throw the remote at the telly. He is not going to let this go, anytime soon.
The booing from my perspective, was aimed at the umpires. Maybe i'm wrong.
If it was aimed at Pendlebury, well that's juvenile.

The Nerdling was on his sanctimonious high horse on AFL360. It took great restraint for me not to throw the remote at the telly. He is not going to let this go, anytime soon.
I’ve heard that viewpoint mate but if you watch again you’ll see that the umpires had well and truly left the arena and the booing only really picked up not when Pendles went up to accept his award, but when he started speaking.

Is there some sort of racism, homophobia or any other xenophobia behind the booing? No. So big deal. We are opposition supporters. If opposition supporters booing a player causes him any emotional strain he needs to have a good look at himself.

The Collingwood supporters loved his 38 possession game, including some telling intercept marks and game-turning clearances.

If, after such a successful day for him and his team booing by OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS is a problem then we have massive issues as a society.

Right now a kid is living this in Yemen:

1556188262001.png

Where is the outrage at that? Get some perspective you fools.

Is there some sort of racism, homophobia or any other xenophobia behind the booing? No. So big deal. We are opposition supporters. If opposition supporters booing a player causes him any emotional strain he needs to have a good look at himself.

The Collingwood supporters loved his 38 possession game, including some telling intercept marks and game-turning clearances.

If, after such a successful day for him and his team booing by OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS is a problem then we have massive issues as a society.

Right now a kid is living this in Yemen:

View attachment 661917

Where is the outrage at that? Get some perspective you fools.
It’s just a footy discussion mate. I don’t think anyone one here is up in arms about it. Maybe aim the tirade at the ensuing media hyperbole over the next few days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I booed until the umpires left the ground, and then so did I.

I'm glad everyone else continued to boo as it hopefully shows the AFL that they paying public are fed up with the umpiring.

It's unfortunate that Pendles was a bit of collateral damage as I completely respect him as a champion player, but he's a smart guy and I'm sure he knows that the booing wasn't directed at him.
AFL do what they want. They give 0 ****s about what the public want

disrespectful, and i was disappointed with the fans.

The president of the RSL was awarding a medal for the best on ground in the biggest H&A game of the year.
The sporting thing to do is let the result go

The umps were off the ground, pendles was trying to do the right thing by thanking the crowd and opposition. Let it go.
We aren't west coast fans. This was poor, even by their standards. Disgraceful really.

Robbo & whateley going way over the top as to be expected

Whateley lost me since he started giving Rex Hunt like sermon's.

However we never heard any of his sermons or apologies after Bomber Thompson hoodwinked GERARD AND ROBBO and the AFL public with Bomber Diaries after Thompson was appearing on the show half baked and twitching and itching and Gerard and Robbo were hanging off every word as if he was a holier than thou figure.

No apologies necessary from the Essendon faithful after that performance from the 3 turds in yellow.

We have just given everyone another stick to beat us with, I for one thought it was piss weak and disrespectful to all involved.
Some people need to ******* grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back