Unofficial Preview Changes v the Dockers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, Wooller has 8cm on Rayner and similar in weight but is playing more minutes around the ground and through the midfield than Rayner. Their tackle count of 2 or 3 a game is about the same. My thoughts, how long can you keep your hand on the head of a kid that is performing in reserves while keeping one in the 1st team based on perceived potential of a high draft pick.
We all want Cam to be the star we know he can be . The issue is what's best for the team and what's the best way of getting him to where he can be.

It can't be too enjoyable for him because he can't get his hands on the footy and doesn't presently have the tank to be M/f where he could.

He's just not doing enough to hold his spot at this stage when there are guys who have talent in form putting their hands up

Hodge shouldn’t be brought in for the trip to Freo. Let him have another week and be fresh for the Hawks.

Matho I’m not sure of and I reckon it will be a fine but who honestly knows.

Have no idea what to do about Rayner. He does seem to have the confidence to be dropped and take it on the chin and rectify a few things. I do like the idea of Wooller coming in but also Keays as a defensive forward. I’ll leave this one up to the professionals.

Would be great to win this (obviously) as we have 4 from 5 away games Rounds 12-17. We have 4 from 5 away games from Rounds 18-22 though.

To make the 8 I think we are going to need to win at least 2 more away games, and our next 3 (vs Freo, Carlton and St Kilda) are definitely our best chances. If we have hopes of finishing 5/6 and having a home final (my dream) games like this week are a must win.

Would be great to win this (obviously) as we have 4 from 5 away games Rounds 12-17. We have 4 from 5 away games from Rounds 18-22 though.

To make the 8 I think we are going to need to win at least 2 more away games, and our next 3 (vs Freo, Carlton and St Kilda) are definitely our best chances. If we have hopes of finishing 5/6 and having a home final (my dream) games like this week are a must win.

The way I see it I can't imagine us going much better than 5-5 in the last ten (after the bye), given that we have Cats and Tiges in the last two rounds. 2 wins in our next 3 before the bye means 5-5 gets us into finals

So Rayner has a hand in 2 goals.Sheppards the ball threw for Mcstays long bomb that would make a hand in 3 goals in a win and it's considered a pissweak effort and should be dropped this week.
No thanks I would name him again the type of player that if he gets a dozen touches he kicks a couple and has a hand in another couple.

RE: Cam Rayner

Against Footscray his statistics were:
8 Disposals (3 Kicks / 5 Handballs), 4 Contested Possessions, 0 Marks, 4 Tackles, 2 Inside 50's, 80% Game Time

Against Adelaide his statistics were:
3 Disposals (2 Kicks / 1 Handball), 0 Contested Possessions, 0 Marks, 2 Tackles, 2 Inside 50's, 74% Game Time

Rayner's game against Footscray was poor, but yesterday was appalling. The thing that is most worrying is that he is getting plenty of game time and doing next to nothing. Fagen has given him ample opportunity to work into games, but to no avail. I believe that Rayner has the raw talent to be a superstar, but he must be dropped and given the opportunity to work for and earn his place in the seniors.

We simply cant afford to go into games effectively a man down. The other problem that giving Rayner senior games irrespective of form is the message it sends to other players, both those who find themselves being dropped despite much better numbers and those who are in great form in the reserves, but cant break into the senior team. It can be corrosive.

RE: Cam Rayner

Against Footscray his statistics were:
8 Disposals (3 Kicks / 5 Handballs), 4 Contested Possessions, 0 Marks, 4 Tackles, 2 Inside 50's, 80% Game Time

Against Adelaide his statistics were:
3 Disposals (2 Kicks / 1 Handball), 0 Contested Possessions, 0 Marks, 2 Tackles, 2 Inside 50's, 74% Game Time

Rayner's game against Footscray was poor, but yesterday was appalling. The thing that is most worrying is that he is getting plenty of game time and doing next to nothing. Fagen has given him ample opportunity to work into games, but to no avail. I believe that Rayner has the raw talent to be a superstar, but he must be dropped and given the opportunity to work for and earn his place in the seniors.

We simply cant afford to go into games effectively a man down. The other problem that giving Rayner senior games irrespective of form is the message it sends to other players, both those who find themselves being dropped despite much better numbers and those who are in great form in the reserves, but cant break into the senior team. It can be corrosive.

Looking forward to hourly posts about Rayner from you until he gets dropped or plays a decent game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Rayner has a hand in 2 goals.Sheppards the ball threw for Mcstays long bomb that would make a hand in 3 goals in a win and it's considered a pissweak effort and should be dropped this week.
No thanks I would name him again the type of player that if he gets a dozen touches he kicks a couple and has a hand in another couple.
Cam did very little yesterday but what he did do in the last quarter on 2 occassions was get the ball passed to him while he was in the clear and fumbled or never got a hand to it.... could have resulted in 2 goals...his confidence needs a lift and we need to see that huge smile again. It's not the end of the world to play in the Neafl...he won't be there long if his attitude is spot on..

Looking forward to hourly posts about Rayner from you until he gets dropped or plays a decent game.
You clearly need to get a life if that is the case.

He doesn't strike me as that entitled or that unconfident that it would be a problem.

If we want a winning culture you can't have undroppable players who aren't pulling their weight. At least when Bastinac wasn't getting the ball he brought some pressure.

Fagan: "as far as selection is concerned, form counts for everything".

Knowing Fages, form also includes effort, doing team things and things the coaches ask for.

If we're being consistent, Rayner needs a spell and replaced by one of Keays or Wooller who are smashing it in the reserves. That will send a message to players both in senior and NEAFL team that everyone is accountable.

Given Cam was able to quickly get over his missed late shot vs North last year, I'm sure he'll take the dropping (should it happen) on the chin. He would know himself how he's been going. He will come back from this. And I'm sure Fages will ensure the right message is delivered.

Deserves a week...bit of a low act.

Capture6.PNG What Rhys did was behind play/bad, but Galucci did drop his knee just before impact which took a contact aimed for shoulder much higher. Galucci appealed for a high and laughed it off himself (last image) after Hipwood came in and pushed him.

Anything beyond a fine will be weird, but it's match review panel after all - so who knows.

I wouldn't be dropping him on form but do think he may need a rest to freshen up. We did the same thing with Hugh and Jarrod in 2017. "Managed" is the correct term

In: Wooller, Keays
Out: Rayner, Matho(Susp)

Rayner needs a spell in the reserves. 3 Disposals, no marks and only 2 tackles doesn’t warrant selection. No matter how you look at it. Let him dominate a couple of reserves games.

I expect Matho to cop a week for his incident.

Wooller and Keays have both been performing very well in the reserves and deserve their chance to impress.

In: Wooller, Keays
Out: Rayner, Matho(Susp)

Rayner needs a spell in the reserves. 3 Disposals, no marks and only 2 tackles doesn’t warrant selection. No matter how you look at it. Let him dominate a couple of reserves games.

I expect Matho to cop a week for his incident.

Wooller and Keays have both been performing very well in the reserves and deserve their chance to impress.
1 mid and 1 forward go out, 2 forwards come in. We need a mid to replace Matho, we can't have too many young players in the team as we still want to win so l wouldn't mind someone like Bastiac come in. Would prefer C.Lyons but then we would have: Answorth, Hinge, Keays and Wooler who would all be very inexperienced + the addition of C.Lyons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back