List Mgmt. Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, we write off 21 y.o. kids pretty quickly.
Not really. A fair percentage of players get delisted by that age or after 3-4 seasons. It’s only a minority who suddenly become good players having shown very little to suggest they are up to AFL level by 21 or after 3-4 years. It happens, but it’s very much the minority. The odds are against both guys

Not really. A fair percentage of players get delisted by that age or after 3-4 seasons. It’s only a minority who suddenly become good players having shown very little to suggest they are up to AFL level by 21 or after 3-4 years. It happens, but it’s very much the minority. The odds are against both guys
They're trajectory is on the way up though. Neither have stagnated. This is where you give them a little longer to see if they keep it up or this is the ceiling.

They're trajectory is on the way up though. Neither have stagnated. This is where you give them a little longer to see if they keep it up or this is the ceiling.
Both have significantly stagnated though. Morrison is a very hard worker just doesn’t look to have the talent to really make it work.
Hanrahan is the opposite, definitely has the talent just isn’t putting in the work. He needs to work insanely hard over the break and come back in ripper form. Otherwise he’s just not fit enough.

Scrimshaw a no brainer. Hanrahan and Morrison the beneficiaries of lists not being cut to the extent first thought. Appropriate 1 year signings in those circumstances. Both might play fringe roles in 2021. Ideally neither will be required beyond that.
There’s been talk of those two being re-signed for weeks. The beneficiaries of list size you’d think will be the CJs, Kosis, Walkers etc who are still unsigned even now.

I just don't know how we can't re-sign kosi this year. I know he's not up to the level yet but if we delist him, Sic out for the year an Frawley retiring it leaves the closet VERY bare. Unless we have a likely target

That’s extremely slanderous and in no way correct.

Ten Dollars is far more realistic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only in the AFL can an ex player go from selling carpets to taking 15% in multi million dollar contracts as an agent

Pickering is a grub, not just for his Buddy dealings either, he wouldn’t even now how to spell ethics let alone practise them

Mmmm. Morrison hasn’t improved.

He still kicks 35m. He doesn’t run any quicker. He still can’t jump or tackle.

What he does, he does very reliably, but he’s not done much (to the eye) to improve what he doesn’t do & he’s not likely going to get taller/stronger/faster.

1yr extension is great for him, I think. We’d be silly to throw him away for no reason, but kinda silly to pay for more than a year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s been talk of those two being re-signed for weeks. The beneficiaries of list size you’d think will be the CJs, Kosis, Walkers etc who are still unsigned even now.
still 3 more delistings to come with the only variable being whether we come back to 44.

Nailed it, very unlikely that either of them make it. Harry might be the beneficiary of a poor Hawthorn side and play 70-80 games much like some battlers in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Morrison was dubbed a potential A grader by Clarko wasnt he ? He has not lived up to that or even come close.

Plays the game anti Richmond style. No dare, always sideways and backwards movement.

Hanrahan would have to do a 180 to make it. Hasnt shown me any glimpses or signs. I'm actually stunned he got a year based on his output. Doesn't tackle, not efficient, can't kick on his left, piss poor in the air. He has some pace, so maybe they think he increases his endurance, but even then I still don't see a player.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Morrison was better in 2018 than he is now, not sure how anyone could say his trajectory is on the way up.
I think it's tricky when player development isn't always linear. I thought he showed enough to get another contract. He's never going to set the world alight but I think good clubs need okay enough players, like your Kyle Cheney's and Jono Simpkins, who put upward performance pressure on the better players.

Morrison in 2018 was a high attacking winger and stayed in that role for the majority of that season. 2019 saw him move through the mid/small forward/defensive flanker roles and 2020 saw him spend more time in the defensive side of things before getting a small stint on the wing where I think he played some great football.
He's a good tackler (surprising considering we don't have many of em) and he has a high footy IQ- I'm still bullish that he can make it at the grade, but I think he needs continuity in one position as he isn't a utility.

Hanrahan I'm less sure of, but I think he's shown enough in a position that we're desperate for depth so makes sense he gets another year.

Hanrahan got a gig despite not following the traditional pathway, so good were his skills. He has a 'step' & instinct you can't teach; if we can bring the rest 'up to speed', he's a player all right. Whether it's a bridge too far, however, remains to be seen.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back