List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What deal would get Cerra to Punt Rd? There's a premium on West Australians as they must be sick of the go home factor. To me of our WA born players I'd say Bolton, Stack and Broad are off the table. Would also prefer to keep Picket but that's mainly because he already has 3 sons and potentially could end up with more. I'd be happy to trade either Baker or McIntosh and picks to land Cerra even both. Someone even suggested Colyer- Dorkin's I'd be happy to do that. The sad fact is our premiership window will stay ajar until 2023 at best. We're not gonna get many chances to lure top shelf mids while the windows ajar. Ya gotta give something to get something.
We more than likely have to give up more than say our high teen pick.Macca would be the obvious but he's an FA so Freo can get him for nothing.
Who knows really.
Picks this way picks going that way players etc etc.Something will get worked out in the end.

No way Carlton could fit him into their salary cap. They will be struggling with finding enough cash for Walsh, McKay and Cripps, while maintaining the current $800k+ for many others.
Well ok.Essendon then.

Who wouldn't though? Not doing your job if you don't ask the question.

Bolton isn't going to the bombers, that won't happen, Chol? TBH I'm not sold on him at all, times last night he looked ok but more often last night he went unsighted and could of imposed himself physically a bit more. Its a tough one, do we keep investing in a guy who is mid 20's and hope he isnt far off it? Im not too sure.
I think Chol this time around has shown he could be one of the better 2nd rucks around. It'd be good to get a good look at him as a 3rd tall forward more often but I think he'd be more of a handful there.

I'd love to see him spend a full pre season with the midfielders and play on a wing. Couldn't be any worse than Caddy.

Wingers are meant to bust a gut running all day , how Caddy is one one is baffling !

Notice how Marlion is more of a defensive one , often down In their 50 but hardly forward of centre wing going the other way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For all his deficiencies, Ellis could cover the ground very well

I think Chol this time around has shown he could be one of the better 2nd rucks around. It'd be good to get a good look at him as a 3rd tall forward more often but I think he'd be more of a handful there.

I'd love to see him spend a full pre season with the midfielders and play on a wing. Couldn't be any worse than Caddy.
Been in the system 5yrs?
Still hasn't got a tank.Wing out of the question.
Wouldn't mind giving him a go at vfl level as a CHB.
Alir Alir type.

Been in the system 5yrs?
Still hasn't got a tank.Wing out of the question.
Wouldn't mind giving him a go at vfl level as a CHB.
Alir Alir type.
5.5 years but he was as raw as they come. He's never done a pre season like that either. Pretty clear he's alot fitter this year than in the past so he can build on that again. As I said cant be worse than Caddy.

Dont think he has the physicality to play chb.

5.5 years but he was as raw as they come. He's never done a pre season like that either. Pretty clear he's alot fitter this year than in the past so he can build on that again. As I said cant be worse than Caddy.

Think i could do better than Caddy.lol
May not have the physicality but he has the spring.
Worth a try i think.(one way of keeping both he & CJ)

Still don’t know why we got rid of Fraser Turner. Was a genuine winger who was putting up good numbers in the VFL as a very young kid. Now we’ve got Caddy, Pickett and McIntosh as our wingers who are the worst group of wingers in the comp.
Mcintosh isn't flashy but he's a good defensive winger. Had a few shocking turnovers early last night but got better and better. Rarely loses a one on one and never stops running.

Pickett and Caddy are average.

Still don’t know why we got rid of Fraser Turner. Was a genuine winger who was putting up good numbers in the VFL as a very young kid. Now we’ve got Caddy, Pickett and McIntosh as our wingers who are the worst group of wingers in the comp.
Don’t get the hate for McIntosh. He butchered a few kicks for sure and I was screaming at the tv as hard as anyone. But…. He does a power of running up and down the ground and was physically strong over the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t get the hate for McIntosh. He butchered a few kicks for sure and I was screaming at the tv as hard as anyone. But…. He does a power of running up and down the ground and was physically strong over the ball.
Slow, dodgy by foot, doesn’t find it enough. His positioning is good but overall he’s bloody average.

Parker needs to come in, I don't want caddy in the side at all let alone on a wing,

We need more mids. We can't keep having seasons like the last three where our mids spend the early rounds injured and we're constantly playing catch up. We managed to pull it all together in 2019/20, but we certainly did it the hard way. Tighter interchange caps are only going to make this worse.

My ideal (but hopefully realistic) off-season sees us picking up both Cerra and Mitchell to help with this. The way we afford both is to overpay in a trade for Mitchell in exchange for Hawthorn paying most of his salary. Gives us a potential best 22 next year of something like this:

B: Grimes Balta Broad
HB: Short Vlastuin Baker
C: Cerra Cotchin Edwards
HF: Bolton Riewoldt Aarts
F: Coleman-Jones Martin Lynch
R: Nankervis Mitchell Prestia
IC: Graham Lambert Stack McIntosh

That side is stacked with midfielders that can play both inside and outside to give us max flexibility should someone go down or be having a bad day. I couldn't even find a spot for Pickett or RCD. Both would be very handy depth.

You need a squad of at least 30 players, and our depth just hasn't really been strong enough this year, and it's probably going to cost us top 4, which makes it bloody hard to win the flag.

Chol wasn’t raw when we drafted him
He has played top level jr footy for a number of years state level footy since he was 12, spent 3 years in the Brisbane lions academy and played for the allies in his draft year that’s a pretty elite pathway and was identified very early

He was always a long term prospect
Long term prospect because of his size since most tall players take longer to develop, but it had nothing to do with him being green when we drafted him

Long term prospect because of his size since most tall players take longer to develop, but it had nothing to do with him being green when we drafted him

Remember when we would trade for Aaron Edwards , Andrew Underwood , Kent Kingsley ,Simon fletcher et al and were sniffing around players like Levi Casboult ? We have come a long way . Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cerra is a very different player to Kelly watching them play
Kelly's possessions hurt the opposition alot more than Cerra imo

As well as being a free agent and no trade required
Hasn't he got a price on his head?

He has a contract for a million dollars a year but is still considering a move

He may think - Richmond to win a flag but take $250k less gross which is $130 nett year less to play at Richmond
Lynch & Dusty did
For giving up no picks I'm all for.
Just not sure with our pending retirements if we're in a better position than gws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back