No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is the lowest position a premier has finished in the following season. Richmond won’t just miss the eight, they are likely to finish in the bottom 6

when does the media narrative change on them?

I hope soon.

Would it be too much to ask for Hawks/Clarko to get a few days off?

Or will the press keep us involved - Clarko at Punt Road in 2022?

Collingwood winning should all but guarantee us pick 2 now

that’s great

intersting where the tigers go at end of season. 4 picks inside 30, do they go to the draft? Or try and go again by topping up on a Cerra etc?
We just need to lose to Adelaide and Collingwood to be sure

And yes, I know, it sucks to be actively wanting us to lose games, but short term pain for long term gain!

Thankfully it looks like Richmond will miss the 8. Had they 3 peated this season they would have legitimate claims to being better than us.

Just shows how hard it is. 4 consecutive grand finals and 7 consecutive finals appearances in ours. Finals 8 in 9 years 4 flags, 5gfs.

Only our 80s side and Melbourne in the 50's compares.

Gold Coast have been great the last couple of weeks, I did want GWS to win though to make Richmond's life even harder. The positive is the Suns are now 2 wins ahead of us.

The Swans looked really good today, quality side and after missing finals 2 years straight looks as though they're set for another decade of finals. Wouldn't be overly concerned if I was the dogs, had some outs and still have top 2 in their hands.

Now for Richmond, absolutely delighted to see this decline, when I got asked pre season what I wanted out of 2021, I said no Tigers 3 peat.

Tigers loss massive - last three weeks Suns, Saints, and now Pies. Unlikely to play finals.

I didn't see this outcome in 2021 at all, expected them top 4 again.

The sign was there last year, but short quarter and hub and they have such a strong believe and mental strength which got them over the line.

Another sign was our game in round 2. Lots of posters here called Tigers only on their 2nd gear to beat us, but we have watched lots of footy to recognise the decline in performance like what happened to our champion team.

It will be interesting to see how they'll manage their list next year.

The sign was there last year, but short quarter and hub and they have such a strong believe and mental strength which got them over the line.

Another sign was our game in round 2. Lots of posters here called Tigers only on their 2nd gear to beat us, but we have watched lots of footy to recognise the decline in performance like what happened to our champion team.

It will be interesting to see how they'll manage their list next year.
They have to load up again.

Martin, Bolton, Edwards, Balta, Lynch, Astbury, Grimes, Short, Lambert, RCD, etc…. they've got more than enough capable players to take another shot at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thankfully it looks like Richmond will miss the 8. Had they 3 peated this season they would have legitimate claims to being better than us.

Just shows how hard it is. 4 consecutive grand finals and 7 consecutive finals appearances in ours. Finals 8 in 9 years 4 flags, 5gfs.

Only our 80s side and Melbourne in the 50's compares.
Just shows what a legitimately great side we had for our three peat era.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Someone pointed out to me last night that the Crows selected Himmleberg who did not have a shot on goal last week v Glenelg rather than play Tom Lynch who kicked 4 and also Darcy Fogarty/Shane McAdam.

They’re not trying to win. Their percentage now lower then ours.
Will be interesting to see what happens when we play them in Adelaide in a few weeks.......will test how badly both teams want to lose

What a topsy turvy last 5 weeks the season has been. Of the clubs in the 8, all but Geelong have lost at least 2 of their last 5 games.
The finals will be all about the team that can find form at that time.

A lot of Richmond supporters claim we were just as arrogant, but I don't remember us being this knobish.

Maybe we were arrogant but the players were always respectful and didn't come across as arrogant.
There's a distinct lack of humility also with some of the Richmond players and particularly supporters.
People hated us (they still do lol) but I always felt there was at the least a begrudging respect afforded towards the club and it's success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back