Recommitted Quinton Narkle [one year contract extension]

Remove this Banner Ad

He wins clearances and hard ball and unlike most our mids, he can find the footy. Would be a walk up start best 22 player for us.
Maybe but I'd have thought he wouldn't meet the standards for the defensive running at Richmond. Certainly has some other great aspects of his game to bring to the table though

Maybe but I'd have thought he wouldn't meet the standards for the defensive running at Richmond. Certainly has some other great aspects of his game to bring to the table though

We have shown we are willing to be flexible with our mids if they are strong in areas we lack.

That said, the club has turned a few players around that didnt play our way.

Maybe, but it has been much better this year. I'd be more than happy to keep him
Whats the story with him. Does he want opportunity, or is he happy enough to stay at Cats?

Whats the story with him. Does he want opportunity, or is he happy enough to stay at Cats?
If I knew the answer to that question I wouldn't be in this thread.

We drafted him off an acl, stuck by him through a long rehab, have fielded him a fair bit this year compared to other years, but also was clearly put on the trade table last year for zero offers. Cats generally identify players that aren't happy to be there pretty early and let them walk rather than have them hanging around half committed.

Looks from the outside like he realised no one was making him an offer at the end of last year, pulled his finger out and is trying to earn it now, which is pretty frustrating to see.

Dropped again
and?

We have brilliant depth. We at present have Henderson, O'Connor, Atkins, Smith, Miers, Cameron and Duncan as best 22 players most likely all in by the first final.

CATS

B: Henry, Blicavs, Kreuger
HB: Stewart, Z.Guthrie, Kolodjashnij
C: Holmes, C.Guthrie, Tuohy
HF: Dahlhaus, Ratugolea, Higgins
F: Dangerfield, Hawkins, Rohan
FOLL: Stanley, Selwood, Parfitt
I/C: Bews, Clark, Menegola, Close

6-7 of that list are looking like going out within the next month. Kreuger, Z.Guthrie, Holmes, Ratugolea, Clark are 5 easy outs of that group... and every week you give a running commentary over Narkle. Why?

He's 23-26th player on a very deep list. Spots rightly so are very tight.

I think Narkle is gone now. The recent trades of indigenous players at Geelong suggests that cats culture is not as great for indigenous players. Cats fans may argue that it's not the case but it seems that they have more troubled with injury there being all of them bar Kelly have had pretty lengthy injury problems or cant break into the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Narkle is gone now. The recent trades of indigenous players at Geelong suggests that cats culture is not as great for indigenous players. Cats fans may argue that it's not the case but it seems that they have more troubled with injury there being all of them bar Kelly have had pretty lengthy injury problems or cant break into the team.

Parfitt?

That is such an odd thing to say. Like every year players join and leave our list but you’ve chosen to identify a characteristic as an explanation. If Sparkle leaves it will be because of his agency and decision to leave. If he stays same deal. Djilang is the only indigenous named club.

Get vaxed. Protect yourself, your family and the country.

Well that's bordering on slander.

Parfitt is probably an exception at this stage.

That is such an odd thing to say. Like every year players join and leave our list but you’ve chosen to identify a characteristic as an explanation. If Sparkle leaves it will be because of his agency and decision to leave. If he stays same deal. Djilang is the only indigenous named club.

Get vaxed. Protect yourself, your family and the country.
It's a characteristic that sticks out though. Last few years Motlop, Cockatoo, Christiansen all left. All were plagued or still plagued with injury. Kelly also left after 2 years because of lack of support for his family in geelong. Narkle seems on the same path having lengthy injury setbacks that have prevented him getting to his best and is now in and out of the team.

Parfitt is probably an exception at this stage.

It's a characteristic that sticks out though. Last few years Motlop, Cockatoo, Christiansen all left. All were plagued or still plagued with injury. Kelly also left after 2 years because of lack of support for his family in geelong. Narkle seems on the same path having lengthy injury setbacks that have prevented him getting to his best and is now in and out of the team.
You're stretching back 7 or 8 years to get 3 data points. Tenuous

This makes no sense, are they leaving because of the culture or because of injury? Kelly left for the cash, Motlop left for the cash, Cockatoo and Christensen wanted a fresh start. Narkle will be leaving (if he does) for more opportunity to play senior footy. I note that none of those players who left have played better footy at their new clubs, which suggests that they were given some good opportunities at Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back