News 2021 Trade/Free Agent News and reported targets Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is not to discuss current Hawthorn players and whether they’re tradeable, who they're linked to or what you think they’re worth.

This thread is about our Trade targets at other clubs that are linked to us via media(not facebook pages).

Reminder, we are also not thinking up trade hypotheticals of how you would get it done in here, or asking what these players we are linked to are worth.

I have been told that Hawthorn have made enquires about Sydney small forward Sam Wicks after our failed bid to get Lachie Schultz across.
Like Schultz, he’s a defensive small forward, is out of contract and could be squeezed out due to the Swans tight salary cap.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
In a stretch of 9 weeks he kicked 2 goals.
He does like to tackle though, so that's one thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ceglar to Brisbane (they could offer him an additional year as he is only contracted to the end of 2022) for Kade Answerth and Ely Smith and a shuffle of mid-range draft pricks.
We can nab a free agent ruckman as cover for Big Boy and Reeves and take a youngster in one of the drafts to develop.

Ceglar to Brisbane (they could offer him an additional year as he is only contracted to the end of 2022) for Kade Answerth and Ely Smith and a shuffle of mid-range draft pricks.
We can nab a free agent ruckman as cover for Big Boy and Reeves and take a youngster in one of the drafts to develop.

Poor old Cegs on here has been offered up to about 10 clubs.

Is this something you heard or is it hypothetical?

Lipinski maybe …… like the sound of Patrick having good skills.

Hasn’t impressed me much when I’ve watched him.
Would be nice for depth, but he’s not going to be the class mid we need.

Hasn’t impressed me much when I’ve watched him.
Would be nice for depth, but he’s not going to be the class mid we need.
Plus he offers no defensive pressure. Teams will be walking it out of our midfield even easier than before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No thanks to lipinski. We already have a similiar type player in Morrison and IMO, Harry has a higher ceiling and scope for improvement. We don't need any more vanilla midfielders if we are to become serious contenders
Exactly. We should only be chasing the premium ingredients and organic if possible.
Freeing up list spots is difficult so adding scoops of vanilla for two and three year contracts wont help.

Hoping all this discussion of us chasing small forwards is an acknowledgement that Chad is a fulltime midfielder

Given the players we are targeting, it seems more about finding an elite pressure player whereas Breust, Wingard,etc are more offensive weapons.

I like that idea (and yes, Wingard should play middle).

Was he not playing that role at end of season?

If he has a tank i'd like to see him further up. But if the previous poster said he can't play KPD due to his height, well that's not the case

I think you misunderstood what the other poster was saying.

He wasn't saying he can't play KPD due to his height, he was saying don't assume he can play KPD just because he's 196cm.

On SM-A326B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not much to report Guys, I don’t like making things up.

One thing I will say is if anyone does leave, it’ll be on our terms. We’re playing this a lot better these days albeit from a lot further back.

As it stands don’t expect us to be a big player in trade week, think draft picks & role players.

If I hear anything else, rest assured you Guys will be the first to know.

Stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back