News 2021 Trade/Free Agent News and reported targets Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is not to discuss current Hawthorn players and whether they’re tradeable, who they're linked to or what you think they’re worth.

This thread is about our Trade targets at other clubs that are linked to us via media(not facebook pages).

Reminder, we are also not thinking up trade hypotheticals of how you would get it done in here, or asking what these players we are linked to are worth.

Brander plays everywhere. Tall, athletic swing man basically. Wants to be a forward I believe, but couldn't get a gig in front of Kennedy, Darling and Allen. Mostly played on a wing when given a run, at least from what i've seen. Defence doesn't seem to be his strength.

Would love him if we could get him for not much. Could still be anything as a player.

Brander is out of contract and has yet to be offered a new contract by the Eagles evidently...

If he comes cheap I get it, but he's been in the system long enough and his 'potential' tag is awfully close to being replaced by a 'bust' tag imo...

Full disclosure, I had to Google who Brander is. To be fair, I probably did the same thing with Scrimshaw.
Yeah I’m not familiar with him either. He is still young and could be a good get. Not sure what he would cost though as he is a first round pick.

I followed Scrimshaw quite a lot during his draft year. When I saw that we traded up to pick 10 I thought we were in a chance to get him if the O’Meara trade fell through. Watching his name get called out by Suns on draft night still makes me laugh. He looked devastated.

Brander has the tools for sure. Some on his trade board suggest he might be a bit ‘soft’.
Seems like he’s been moved around a lot so no surprises his development has been slowed.

Jack Scrimshaw come on down.
West Coast are slightly better at developing talent than the suns though. Suns will probably end up ruining Rowell plus all the other talents they have stuffed up.

Eagles are generally pretty good at developing players.

Saying that Brander is worth picking up for cheap if possible, has the tools. I think he is a longer shot to put it all together though.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brander plays everywhere. Tall, athletic swing man basically. Wants to be a forward I believe, but couldn't get a gig in front of Kennedy, Darling and Allen. Mostly played on a wing when given a run, at least from what i've seen. Defence doesn't seem to be his strength.

Would love him if we could get him for not much. Could still be anything as a player.
Sounds like a straight swap for Timmy o…

wonder if that means his leaving

Brander is our Conor Nash, people looking at stats and making a judgment call are wasting their time.

Previous Giants academy and was very talented by all accounts. In top 5 conversation for the 2017 draft but an indifferent season caused him to slip out to 13. Has played back, forward and wing but not quite made any of them his own. Nash and Brander would make for some serious size and speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back