Strategy What to do with pick 1 now we’ve got it - Do We Need Reid or is it Curtins

Keep pick 1, or trade it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had enough of all of these kents already.

Nothing would satisfy me more right now than drafting H.Reid and watch him kick a bag against the tin-rattlers.

And anyone else wanting to entertain splitting the pick in this massively compromised draft needs to give themselves an uppercut as well.

Look as much as i hate to say it and ik you guys feel the same way, we're going to trade pick 1 unfortunately.

I just dont understand the recent commentary of we'll accept pick 2 and ports pick. Just please dont bend over WCE.
Why what fake vic centric articles have you been reading

GC can match bids before 40, Freo can't.
I understand what limitations there are, I was more asking why is there a rule for GC and a different set for Freo when they seem to be the same set of circumstances re. Acadamy.

GC and Freo finished basically the same this year, so they can't argue for "equalization".

I understand what limitations there are, I was more asking why is there a rule for GC and a different set for Freo when they seem to be the same set of circumstances re. Acadamy.

GC and Freo finished basically the same this year, so they can't argue for "equalization".
QLD market is not an AFL market so they are using the academy to boost the sport in qld.
Also it helps with talent retention for QLD as drafted players from interstate were leaving early.
No such issues with Freo (aside from them just being a shit club).

I’d be a little worried if North get pick 8 from Essendon for Thomas, as I could see them offering 2 and 8 for Reid and us accepting. Not the worst deal in the world but I don’t think there’s a prospect in the 8-12 region that I like enough that warrants giving up Reid for what will likely be Curtin and someone like Caddy or Wilson.

I’d be a little worried if North get pick 8 from Essendon for Thomas, as I could see them offering 2 and 8 for Reid and us accepting. Not the worst deal in the world but I don’t think there’s a prospect in the 8-12 region that I like enough that warrants giving up Reid for what will likely be Curtin and someone like Caddy or Wilson.

God imagine that. Dodo burning the place down on his way out?

I think North are perfectly happy taking Curtin with 2. Just remains to be seen if they get McKercher too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My friend, we'd all love a balanced answer from the AFL for that but the official one you'll get from the AFL is to 'grow the game' in non-heartland states.

you'd use that pick to move to pick 4 then

If your biggest worry is predicated on Dodoro giving up pick 8 for Thomas, I think you can sleep safely. The only way it would happen is if Norf trade Thomas and pick 16 for 8.

My biggest concern with Essendon involved is that Dodoro drags all deals out and leaves the parties with little time to do other deals and the Suns pick 4 may already have gone or been commited.

If your biggest worry is predicated on Dodoro giving up pick 8 for Thomas, I think you can sleep safely. The only way it would happen is if Norf trade Thomas and pick 16 for 8.

My biggest concern with Essendon involved is that Dodoro drags all deals out and leaves the parties with little time to do other deals and the Suns pick 4 may already have gone or been commited.

It doesn’t matter if North give 16 back though, they’ll still offer 2 or 3 and 8 for Reid imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back