News Alberton Oval Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the upgrade to a 10k capacity really needed? Seems a bit of overkill to me. Are 10k going to rock up to watch the B grade, or the Z grade in the case of the women?
Seating would feel required to me now that you can't just pull a deck chair up on the outer side.

Koch at the AGM talked about the AFL endorsing Alberton oval to be a boutique stadium for AFLW and AFL reserves with broadcast quality lights. I guess that's what happens when they chip in $5mil, like Princess Park and other venues.
Koch should have endorsed Alberton night games for gather round too.

Apart from AO, Adelaide has never had a stadium capable of broadcasting an AFL quality night game.

From the article I linked in the previous post.

Port Adelaide has bold plans to keep expanding Alberton Oval’s footprint so it can boost the ground’s capacity and engage with more community groups.

Next it aims to transform the neighbouring Port Adelaide Bowling Club – a site the Power owns.

By rebuilding the bowls clubrooms slightly further south on acquired land and erecting the ground’s third grandstand, the Power would increase Alberton’s capacity to 10,000.

The revamp of that part of the ground would also include a community learning centre.

Power chairman David Koch hoped redevelopment of the bowling club could start in the next 18 months. (ie when the funding is locked in)

“It’s early stages at the moment and we’re in consultation with the (Port Adelaide Enfield) council and the bowling club are big supporters of it,” Koch said.

“The grand vision is to be a great high-performance sporting precinct that the community gets as much benefit out of as we do. “This will become a boutique, broadcast stadium with 10,000 for AFLW, SANFL and then AFL reserves.”
I am sure you will agree with me the 3rd grandstand at Alberton MUST be called the Russell Ebert stand.

Koch should have endorsed Alberton night games for gather round too.

Apart from AO, Adelaide has never had a stadium capable of broadcasting an AFL quality night game.
I reckon 2025 or 2026 we will push hard for one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Final Video from Sarah Constructions

It looks amazing and a job well done.
Hopefully as an interstate member/supporter I can come see this in person one day.
Those who missed out on the open day tour this shows a fair a bit of the new building but urge you to see it in person when they have more tours in the future.

Bring on the bowling club redevelopment/ new stand next! Cant wait for that to start in 18 months 🤞

Remove this Banner Ad

Back