Preview Round 1, 2024: Geelong v St.Kilda - GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 16th March, 7:30PM AEDT *COLLARD, WILSON DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 62 71.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My notes from training.
  • We need big Haysey as soon he is ready. He is just such a perfect second forward ruck and finds a way to win one v ones.
  • Without sincs I am worried that Nas and Bonner will turnover it a bit too much especially with our run and gun game.
  • I think out forward line is goof although I do worry about our speed at ground level if it is just Higgins as the small.
  • I think Ross wants Collard in asap. There was point where he was in the sub position for the 'seconds' team and Ollie Hotton was on the ground. Ross yelled out to Collard and asked him what he was doing. Ross then immidately pulled off hotton and put collard straight on. He then switched him to the 'First' team not long after. (hence the thinking of him debuting this week.

Jones looked very good I must say.
Pou did some nice things including one run through from half back through the midfield. I've said it before but once he gets sme easier possession I think we will see him explode.

Seriously everything this year will be about our run from half back. Everytime they are looking to just give it and go.

Everyone else looked very much the same. Any question shoot them through.

Assuming we've heard all of the debutants by now?

If so it seems like this will be the most likely side, unless I'm missing someone.

Stocker - Cordy - Battle
NWM - Wilkie - Bonnar
Hill - Steele - Byrnes
Owens - Membrey - Henry
Higgins - King - Sharman

Marshall - Crouch - Ross

Phillipou, Wood, Wilson, Windhager

Leaves the sub for Jones or another debut?

My notes from training.
  • We need big Haysey as soon he is ready. He is just such a perfect second forward ruck and finds a way to win one v ones.
  • Without sincs I am worried that Nas and Bonner will turnover it a bit too much especially with our run and gun game.
  • I think out forward line is goof although I do worry about our speed at ground level if it is just Higgins as the small.
  • I think Ross wants Collard in asap. There was point where he was in the sub position for the 'seconds' team and Ollie Hotton was on the ground. Ross yelled out to Collard and asked him what he was doing. Ross then immidately pulled off hotton and put collard straight on. He then switched him to the 'First' team not long after. (hence the thinking of him debuting this week.

Jones looked very good I must say.
Pou did some nice things including one run through from half back through the midfield. I've said it before but once he gets sme easier possession I think we will see him explode.

Seriously everything this year will be about our run from half back. Everytime they are looking to just give it and go.

Everyone else looked very much the same. Any question shoot them through.
I agree with you on Hayes. Very competitive beast covers a lot of ground, strong mark.

If so it seems like this will be the most likely side, unless I'm missing someone.

Stocker - Cordy - Battle
NWM - Wilkie - Bonnar
Hill - Steele - Byrnes
Owens - Membrey - Henry
Higgins - King - Sharman

Marshall - Crouch - Ross

Ross in his presser said Shoenmakers was in the mix

Stocker - Cordy - Battle
NWM - Wilkie - Bonnar
Hill - Steele - Byrnes
Owens - Membrey - Henry
Higgins - King - Sharman

Marshall - Crouch - Ross

Pretty good team but no way Byrnes is in front of Mason

Looks like the 22 is sorted and the sub is Z Jones or Garcia.

Anyone wanna have a crack at the emergencies (3)?

Sub: Z Jones
Emergencies: Garcia, Tom Campbell and Schoenmaker

Why are people speculating that Garcia is in? He had about 10 touches per practice match and whilst looking okay wasnt setting the world on fire as a midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My notes from training.
  • We need big Haysey as soon he is ready. He is just such a perfect second forward ruck and finds a way to win one v ones

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Bloke is a gut busting gun
Just need him to stay on the park fitness wise

Why are people speculating that Garcia is in? He had about 10 touches per practice match and whilst looking okay wasnt setting the world on fire as a midfielder.
Open the injury list, deduct those injuries from selection and make a list of who is left... Not rocket science to say Garcia is in the 26.

Open the injury list, deduct those injuries from selection and make a list of who is left... Not rocket science to say Garcia is in the 26.
All I can say is that it is definitely not rocket science to say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back