Preview Round 2, 2024 vs Richmond changes & pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gone into bat for Jed in the past, as i think some of the criticism has been unfair but that was about as anonymous of a game as I've ever seen from anyone before.

the collision and subsequent subbing out was the only time i actually realized he was playing.

Sounds harsh but his concussion probably comes at a good time as we need to work out an alternative to him, as no matter how many pressure acts he brings 1 possession from 2.5 quarters is not acceptable, and never has been acceptable unless you were a full back on peak Tony Lockett and kept him to 0.0 for the game.
I'd be keen to see Tommy Alphabet get a run. Already has an elite tank so wouldn't run out of gas, and applies good pressure so would be a suitable like for like replacement. Probably a fair way down the pecking order but wouldn't mind it.

Jones is worth persisting with. He’ll be a better footballer in 20 games time.

I just hope that now we have some actual depth Ken rotates the squad. Williams and Burgoyne etc. should play plenty of AFL football this year even if the coaches don’t have them as best 22.

What about when Ken said Port basically wouldnt exist anymore if it was not for Boak. Nearly had a car accident when i heard that.

Season 1 Too Much Information GIF by Friends

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think Jones is better up the ground, if he can get the ball in his hands, he’s got some good speed.

If he fumbles on the wing, it won’t automatically be a goal against. Also in marking contests down back it seems he doesn’t communicate well with the key backs next to him and they just collide into each other.

Lachie Jones is Tom Logan with better marketing.

If we lived in a sensible world it would be:

Williams in for Evans and Jones to Sub
Narkle in for Mcentee

Mead barely gets a pass, along with Finlayson purely for structure

However gut feeling says it will be something borderline moronic like:

Anastasopoulos to debut for Mcentee and otherwise unchanged

FB: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher, Esava Ratugolea, Ryan Burton
HB: Dan Houston, Aliir Aliir, Lachie Jones
C: Travis Boak, Ollie Wines, Miles Bergman
HF: Jason Horne-Francis, Todd Marshall, Kane Farrell
FF: Willie Rioli, Charlie Dixon, Mitch Georgiades
FOL: Ivan Soldo, Zak Butters, Connor Rozzee
INT: Willem Drew, Jackson Mead, Darcy Byrne-Jones, Tom Anastasopoulos
SUB: Finlayson

OUT: Francis Evans, Jed McEntee (inj)
IN: Mitch Georgioudes, Tom Anastasopoulos

Evans was just as anonymous on the field as mcentee. We basically played with 21

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We all know the only change will be McEntee for Evans.

Probably Williams will come in as sub.

Inspired!

Will be a tough game though, I will give the boys some credit they're on the right track if we win. We were terrible when under some pressure early this week, before it opened up later. Richmond's pressure against Carlton was huge, so we're probably set for another game with half our team fumbling and bumbling through it all. We need to put ourselves in the right spot come the end of the year to defy the past, so games like this are essential to our chances of top 2.

Jones is like a bull out of a gate, I don’t mind that attitude but he crashed into a couple contests that ended up spoiling his teammate and resulted In scores against early in the game and it affected his confidence.

I think he will be better for the run and is worth persisting with.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back