Changes v Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe it will have to be two weeks because the Geelong game falls in the 14 day protocol.
Yep, get through the next one and see what worked (hopefully)

In AFL and AFLW, where there are advanced care settings for players suffering a concussion, the mandatory minimum 12-day return to play protocol will be maintained. The minimum 12-day protocol provides a platform for the management of elite athletes under the constant care of Club medical professionals to monitor their progression through the well-established 3-stage, 11-step protocol.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1082723...adopt-minimum-21-day-return-to-play-protocols

Don’t need the extra tall next week, would rather the extra runner. Mcrea has to come in. Not a VDM fan but he probably survives with the injuries. Williams can stay back to cover Coff and Red. Poulter or Harmes sub.

In McRea, Baker
Out: Coffield, Richards

JOD for Coffield seems the most straightforward.
Macrea for Richards (Gallagher to get some half back time)

FB. Khamis Jones Bramble
HB. Dale O'Donnell JJ
C. Williams Libba Baker
HF. Sanders Naughton Jamarra
FF. Weightman Darcy West
R. English Bont Treloar
Int. Macrea Gags Daniel Poulter
Sub VDM
Mate where is the selection integrity ? You are picking players on reputation / potential rather than need.

Coffield and Richards injured and you want to bring in O'Donnell and Macrae ?

Keath and Duryea/Cleary is the logical choice (hopefully Cleary). O'Donnell needs 2 - 3 games at VFL before he returns.

I love Jack Macrae, but he replaces a mid, so likely Daniel, Poulter, Sanders or Gallagher need to make way and I can only see the coach dropping Poulter if anyone.

I'd go:
In: Keath, Cleary, Macrae
Out: Coffield, Richards, Poulter

Baker into the 22 and give Gallagher a week as the sub.

Mate where is the selection integrity ? You are picking players on reputation / potential rather than need.

Coffield and Richards injured and you want to bring in O'Donnell and Macrae ?

Keath and Duryea/Cleary is the logical choice (hopefully Cleary). O'Donnell needs 2 - 3 games at VFL before he returns.

I love Jack Macrae, but he replaces a mid, so likely Daniel, Poulter, Sanders or Gallagher need to make way and I can only see the coach dropping Poulter if anyone.

I'd go:
In: Keath, Cleary, Macrae
Out: Coffield, Richards, Poulter

Baker into the 22 and give Gallagher a week as the sub.
Hard to keep down a guy that has just had 37 touches and 17 clearances.
If JOD is decided to be underdone I'd be happy with Keath.

I'd rather Macrea take the midfield minutes off of Gallagher and push him more outside/Half back.

Duryea I want no where near the ones, way off the pace last year and at his age that only continues to decline. I like him amongst the VFL for leadership but nothing more. He was great for us but unfortunately his time has come. Cleary I do like though.

I expect Harmes did enough over the pre-season in the match committee's eyes to come straight back in, wasn't great week 1 but I think he gets another go.

Garcia apparently near BOG two weeks in a row now in the VFL so i'm happy for him to get a run as he's earned it. Need to find him some midfield minutes though as no point just sitting him in the forward pocket. Macrae deserves to come back in too, didn't drop his head, went to the VFL and killed it again so hopefully he is fit enough and not too far down the pecking list to return.

JOD will have to come back through the VFL you'd think, would have barely played in 5 weeks or so by next weekend so hopefully a tune up in the VFL and then back the week after.

In Garcia, Macrae, Harmes
Out Richards, Coffield, Poulter (Gallagher or Harmes sub)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect Harmes did enough over the pre-season in the match committee's eyes to come straight back in, wasn't great week 1 but I think he gets another go.

If we have any selection integrity Harmes cannot come straight back in, he was arguably the worst player on the ground bar McNeil last week (he was rated as the worst in the player ratings) and then got himself suspended.

Macrae's and Garcia's VFL performances over the last couple of weeks cannot be ignored, especially today...

Macrae
46 disposals at 80% efficiency
25 contested possessions
16 ground ball gets
16 clearances (7 centre clearances)
8 inside 50s
0 goals, 1 behind
5 score assists
199 ranking points

Garcia
41 disposals at 75% efficiency
9 contested possessions
7 ground ball gets
2 clearances
12 inside 50s
2 goals, 2 behinds
1 score assist
182 ranking points

The logical solution for me is...

IN
Duryea
Macrae

OUT
Coffield
Richards

Duryea to replace either Coffield/Richards and Williams to stay back with Macrae taking Poulters spot at half forward and rotate to the inside mid from there and then moving Poulter to the wing and Gallagher as the sub.

Alternatively as Gallagher, Poulter or Vandermeer all had quiet games one or more could be dropped and you could bring in both Macrae and Garcia, unlikely but still an option.

Back in Garcia if we can play him as as a proper rotating onballer. See if his for demands pushing out West/Sanders/Gallagher from that role over the next few games. We've tried sticking him in a forward pocket after excellent misfild games numerous times before and it's hardly ever worked.

If we have any selection integrity Harmes cannot come straight back in, he was arguably the worst player on the ground bar McNeil last week (he was rated as the worst in the player ratings) and then got himself suspended.

Macrae's and Garcia's VFL performances over the last couple of weeks cannot be ignored, especially today...

Macrae
25 contested possessions
16 ground ball gets
8 inside 50s
0 goals, 1 behind
5 score assists
199 ranking points

Garcia
9 contested possessions
7 ground ball gets
2 clearances
12 inside 50s
2 goals, 2 behinds
1 score assist
182 ranking points

IN
Duryea
Macrae

OUT
Coffield
Richards

Duryea to replace either Coffield/Richards and Williams to stay back with Macrae taking Poulters spot at half forward and rotate to the inside mid from there and then moving Poulter to the wing and Gallagher as the sub.

Alternatively as Gallagher, Poulter or Vandermeer all had quiet games one or more could be dropped and you could bring in both Macrae and Garcia, unlikely but still an option.

I’ve got the same changes as you, I think Macrae probably gets a game off the back of that. But I don’t think it means he’s back in to stay. McLean had 47 in the VFL last year as a full-time mid. It just didn’t translate. I think don’t think Macrae is in the same state physically as McLean, but I think he has a similar challenge to find a role at AFL level outside of the midfield.

Cleary steps in for Richards for mine.

Our defence has been our strongest line this year. Don't want to * around positioning.
Not sure Cleary will make it but is the best like for like for Red and has been good in the VFL

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Macrae
25 contested possessions
16 ground ball gets
8 inside 50s
0 goals, 1 behind
5 score assists
199 ranking points

Garcia
9 contested possessions
7 ground ball gets
2 clearances
12 inside 50s
2 goals, 2 behinds
1 score assist
182 ranking points

IN
Duryea
Macrae

OUT
Coffield
Richards

Where did you get these stats from?

The question mark over Macrae is his lack of pace. Wing is not an option for someone so bereft. Nor is a fwd role. It's really the guts or bust. His output in the VFL probably demands inclusion and a slight reshuffle of the midfield rotations to accommodate him next round.

But he is on shaky ground because his lack of pace hurts us in close games. If he can get there to influence things offensively and defensively, no probs. But the more the game speeds up, the less likely that is.

Yeah I get a feeling the coaches don't rate him.

He's been our most consistent VFL player for a few years now. Id like to see him get a string of games to see what he can do.
I don’t think he has a standout trait that’ll translate at AFL level. He’s sort of just a D or C grade in everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back