• J. Clarke (sub)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S. Banks

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • J. Ross

Votes: 91 63.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I am going to type this for the millionth time, and I hope someone at the club reads it...

CAN WE STOP BOMBING LONG DOWN THE LINE TO OUTNUMBERS AND HEIGHT MISMATCHES ONLY TO GIVE THE OPPOSITION AN EASY INTERCEPT AND REPEAT INSIDE 50'S?
What are u on
Obviously u have picked it in ONE
Short number one culprit
Vlaustin and Grimes high up there and what’s worse they take for ages just to allow the opposition to get another two or three to the contest
How many scores do we give up with this movement from defence
Well done

What exactly is the game plan. Kick short, fumble below your knees and kick down the line when they have a height advantage? Looks ridiculous to me but what would I know.

I think our gameplan is a worry as well. It’s either hand ball or long kick. Doesnt suit the team we put on the field. Won’t win many games either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yze needs to say something, all he has to do is have a smart dig at the presser like "who is coming last again the free kick ladder i wonder???....blah blah blah "we need to get better in that area"..then the roll of the eyes and a sarcastic grin. :rolleyes::drunk:
also mention that Jayden Short may be out next week with a dislocated finger.
Perhaps out for lack of intent and effort plus turning the ball over

I am going to type this for the millionth time, and I hope someone at the club reads it...

CAN WE STOP BOMBING LONG DOWN THE LINE TO OUTNUMBERS AND HEIGHT MISMATCHES ONLY TO GIVE THE OPPOSITION AN EASY INTERCEPT AND REPEAT INSIDE 50'S?
Unfortunately it's what we do we when we can't string possession chains together due to poor skills, running the wrong lines and later in the game when we run out of legs to provide other options.

Sadly it's the Richmond we all recognise pre 2017. As others have said it's clearly a rebuild situation now and focus has to be on exposing the kids to the elite level where fadeouts, clangers and score blowouts are going to be the order of the day.

As a general comment, Yze needs time to stamp his authority and for players to understand and execute the game plan. It's a bit too early for some on here to be making judgement on a new coach who has inherited a declining list which has untried younger players who for the most part have been recruited deep in the draft with no real pedigree in addition to having minimal exposure at the highest level.

I don't think anyone would envy Yze's challenge especially for a first time senior coach. Hopefully we hit the draft hard this year and with a bit of luck nab some generational talent and look to slowly build towards our next period of success.

Unfortunately in the meantime supporters are going to experience some frustration at times so we just have to try and visualise the bigger picture which without any doubt is going to be difficult for all of us.

I can't question our effort today and each week. Were giving 100%. The reality is we're a youngish team in a semi rebuild phase and that's it. I think we've found a good one in number 30. Tom Brown in the backline. Beautiful disposal and strong in the contest. Seth Campbell is promising. Want Kane McAulliffe in next week to see what he's got. Reckon he'll go alright. I'll be there next week barracking hard for the boys like I always do. Hope to have some you campaigners turn up to support as well. We need it now. Bonus points if someone can wipe the smile off the face of the Swans lippy little cocksmack Papley. GO TIGES 🐯

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if we have the answer to this, but one big issue we have this season is teams controlling the game in the air. All of our three opponents have done this:

Gold Coast 118-72 marks, 18-8 marks inside 50
Carlton 98-69 marks, 12-10 marks inside 50
Port Adelaide 107-74 marks, 17-7 marks inside 50.

Once our opponent marks, it feels like every one of our players ends up trailing their opponent all the way to our defensive 50. When we mark the ball though, our opposition down the field do not trail our players like that. That's what I think is causing this large marking differential. Apart from our obvious height issue due to injuries, this is probably one of our biggest issues right now. In our Premiership years, we would just apply frenetic pressure and win the ball back when teams tried this. But we can't do that anymore.

This problem is Yze's first real coaching challenge IMO. I look forward to seeing what he'll do about this because Sydney and St Kilda are also good at this. Sydney beat Melbourne (99-63) and Essendon (94-71) this way on a small ground like the SCG, while St Kilda beat Collingwood (106-79) at the MCG this way. So this is a real concern that we have to address if we don't want to go 0-5. Don't know if we can with our injuries, but that is probably going to be one of our biggest (if not the biggest) concerns heading into our next two matches.

I think our gameplan is a worry as well. It’s either hand ball or long kick. Doesnt suit the team we put on the field. Won’t win many games either.

I guess it's 12 months until Yze is under pressure, but I'm not liking what I'm seeing.

One thing.... Standards. Accept them or change them.

The umpiring was crap, but at least 1/2 dozen times in the first half we pushed in the back.

I'd be saying that is not at STANDARD and we don't accept that.

I've seen absolutely nothing from Yze so far that fills me with confidence other than moving Balta fwd - the guy can play anywhere so I'm hardly glowing with endorsement of that.

Selections have been poor.

Swap McIntosh and Pickett. McIntosh was solid today. A lot of intercept marks down back. Pickett however was close to WOG. Thankfully Lynch, Lefau and Banks were worse.

Mcintosh had 8 disposals 5 minutes into second quarter.

He finished the game on 9 disposals.

So from 6 min mark of second quarter onwards he had….
1 disposal
1 mark
0 tackles

I don't know if we have the answer to this, but one big issue we have this season is teams controlling the game in the air. All of our three opponents have done this:

Gold Coast 118-72 marks, 18-8 marks inside 50
Carlton 98-69 marks, 12-10 marks inside 50
Port Adelaide 107-74 marks, 17-7 marks inside 50.

Once our opponent marks, it feels like every one of our players ends up trailing their opponent all the way to our defensive 50. When we mark the ball though, our opposition down the field do not trail our players like that. That's what I think is causing this large marking differential. Apart from our obvious height issue due to injuries, this is probably one of our biggest issues right now. In our Premiership years, we would just apply frenetic pressure and win the ball back when teams tried this. But we can't do that anymore.

This problem is Yze's first real coaching challenge IMO. I look forward to seeing what he'll do about this because Sydney and St Kilda are also good at this. Sydney beat Melbourne (99-63) and Essendon (94-71) this way on a small ground like the SCG, while St Kilda beat Collingwood (106-79) at the MCG this way. So this is a real concern that we have to address if we don't want to go 0-5. Don't know if we can with our injuries, but that is probably going to be one of our biggest (if not the biggest) concerns heading into our next two matches.

We sag off and give them easy marks. On the flip side, we refuse to control the pill and would rather play on with a hand ball or long kick to an outnumber contest.

That’s also nothing to do with fatigue either. If you watch us, we have piles of people running to set up for a long kick and no one giving the kicker any other options. Clearly how we think ball movement in 2024 is going to happen.

I guess it's 12 months until Yze is under pressure, but I'm not liking what I'm seeing.
give the guy a chance. Besides GC we lost to Carlton many have as top6 then Port Top4. Anyone in their right mind would know finals was not on the table.

I hope we move on from Grimes ASAP. He does all the things old players do. Gets out marked and out muscled, not fast (he used to be really quick), plays for frees and is going bald.
Yes ... dropping Grimes for Young seems like the right move ... Miller Brown and Tresize where all better

Back