Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, any campaigner who criticises Bailey again is a genuine dickhead.

We had to accommodate two crabs in Stephens and Tucker on the wing, who both got nowhere near it and are here to collect a paycheck.
I’m sick of these footballers who come across from other clubs and leave with a boosted super balance and savings portfolio. F*** off

So often I looked to the outer wing yesterday and wondered where’s Bailey? Where’s the winger breaking lines and working into space. We were crying out for an option.
And there he was pigeon holed at half back minding his man.
Wake up Clarko.

If something isn’t working fix it. Really bad bad day at the office.

Last edited:

We had to accommodate two crabs in Stephens and Tucker on the wing, who both got nowhere near it and are here to collect a paycheck.
I’m sick of these footballers who come across from other clubs and leave with a booster super balance and savings portfolio. F*** off

So often I looked to the outer wing yesterday and wondered where’s Bailey? Where’s the winger breaking lines and working into space. We were crying out for an option.
Wake up Clarko.

Bailey on one wing and Ford, at least, cycling through on the other. Elvis also gives us a better marking option for our release from defence.

Bailey on one wing and Ford, at least, cycling through on the other. Elvis also gives us a better marking option for our release from defence.
When the pressure was on we couldnt kick long to a contest because we had no representation.
Ford would help that.
Duursma was our centre half forward yesterday

Scott, Ford, Kerch. In that order.

Stephens has a lot to prove after 2 really underwhelming performances to start the season.
Add Jy as the 4th rotation.
Ford and Jy rotating off half forward.
Scott and Mckercher rotating off half back.
Bergman in to either fill the halfback spot or take the wing rotation instead of Mckercher

This guy just turns up every weekend and runs himself into the ground for the team.
💯 and he looked absolutely dejected after the game yesterday.

He must watch some of the soft passengers we’ve got who cruise through games barely getting out of second gear and think maybe I should’ve gone to the Cats..

Yeah he shanks the odd kick (everyone does) but he’s one person who gives us everything he’s got game in game out and that’s all you can ask from your players.

This is my biggest criticism on Bailey.
The biggest.

He needs to own his new leadership position and take it and run.
There’s a massive gap in leadership amongst those in that position and their ability to sustain effort. He can sustain it, but his next step should be finger pointing and direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be playing mostly on the wing, seems naturally a better winger than back flanker. Bails is also a better winger than Stephens. Kerch, Fisher, Sheez, Bergs, Goater, and possibly George can all play HBF providing some run
And should stay away from kick outs

Leave it to Sheezel, fish and Kerch

It's behind a paywall but mongrel punt have named our guy as the number one wing so far this year, j daicos 2nd place
If you look at his statistical improvements from his second year on, he was always going to be the best winger.

Kicks, inside 50s, rebound 50s, marks and metres gained having been tracking beautifully for a while. This year, he has added shots on goal as well.

Wonderful young player who needs more credit for the enormous amount of work he does.

But some bemoan the fact that he has a light frame…

This is my biggest criticism on Bailey.
The biggest.

He needs to own his new leadership position and take it and run.
There’s a massive gap in leadership amongst those in that position and their ability to sustain effort. He can sustain it, but his next step should be finger pointing and direction.
Absolutely, because unlike 50% of our current captains he wouldn't be asking them to do something he doesn't do himself.

If you look at his statistical improvements from his second year on, he was always going to be the best winger.

Kicks, inside 50s, rebound 50s, marks and metres gained having been tracking beautifully for a while. This year, he has added shots on goal as well.

Wonderful young player who needs more credit for the enormous amount of work he does.

But some bemoan the fact that he has a light frame…
Bailey's stats - elite for kicks, marks and metres gained
1711535076288.png

I’m sick of these footballers who come across from other clubs and leave with a boosted super balance and savings portfolio. F*** off

Wake up Clarko.

Agree 100%. It's stuff like this that make me wonder where Clarko's head is at.

It will be interesting to see what happens now with his contract, I think he has shown enough that the club should consider a five year extension that takes him to 29 and minimises the cap hit in the later years.

If you're Bailey Scott, an extension of that length would be the only reason to decline another two-year deal that lets him test the FA market in 2026.

He briefly flirted with the idea of moving to Geelong back in 2022, so hopefully he has now seen enough from the club to commit to being a one club player. He is a pivotal part of our team now, and I'd have him as one of our four best players.

Bailey's stats - elite for kicks, marks and metres gained
View attachment 1941351
Bailey is a very good player, goes under the radar a bit because he's not flashy just quietly goes about his work and gets his job done. Under appreciated by some on here but those who rate him rate him highly.

It will be interesting to see what happens now with his contract, I think he has shown enough that the club should consider a five year extension that takes him to 29 and minimises the cap hit in the later years.

If you're Bailey Scott, an extension of that length would be the only reason to decline another two-year deal that lets him test the FA market in 2026.

He briefly flirted with the idea of moving to Geelong back in 2022, so hopefully he has now seen enough from the club to commit to being a one club player. He is a pivotal part of our team now, and I'd have him as one of our four best players.
What is his degree in? He seems someone who would have an eye to getting a start in his next career whilst playing, so hopefully nothing mining related :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back