Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

What is his degree in? He seems someone who would have an eye to getting a start in his next career whilst playing, so hopefully nothing mining related :)

From memory, Engineering. I can’t recall which field of engineering though.

Yes he is a very good wingman, but he also is an elite endurance athlete, which means he can get back and defend as well. That's what he is starting to do and we need him to do it.

Similar to last week - started slowly but worked his way into the game.

He should be given Tucker's wing - travesty otherwise.
Completely agree, I think this change of moving Scott to defence in order to accomodate Tucker on the wing has really unbalanced the whole team.

Completely agree, I think this change of moving Scott to defense in order to accommodate Tucker on the wing has really unbalanced the whole team.
I think he was put back there in 2023 to give us a bit more run and overlap from the back end.

You could argue with Fisher, Colby and Sheez back there we are well stocked for that role now and I wouldn't be opposed to shifting him back up the ground as we cant have a winger getting less than 10 possessions a game.

I think he was put back there in 2023 to give us a bit more run and overlap from the back end.

You could argue with Fisher, Colby and Sheez back there we are well stocked for that role now and I wouldn't be opposed to shifting him back up the ground as we cant have a winger getting less than 10 possessions a game.
Spot on. 💯

Good game by Scott….Can feel the disappointment in his voice…..
Been impressed with his 3 games and the way he conducts himself….
Just wanna reach through the screen and give him a hug …and say…we know…and we’re with ya…🤍💙

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No overstatement… worst individual performance I’ve seen from a North player in a long while.

And we’ve been very bad for a long time

No overstatement… worst individual performance I’ve seen from a North player in a long while.

And we’ve been very bad for a long time

No words for this absurdity

Missed a few kicks but so has *er out there - if the whole side had as much heart as this guy , we wouldn’t look like witches hat

Stephenson, Stephens, McDonald, Corr to name four.
Stephens was very bad. Fumbly. Hardly touched it.

Stephenson hasn’t touched it. Gets dropped next week.

Corr & McDonald have actually defended well when the midfield did their job up the field.

You’re all blinded by “passion”. First time I’ve ever been critical of Scott. Call it for what it is. A horrific performance. He’s literally kicked the ball to Brisbane with every possession. As I write this, he’s going at 38%. 38% for a half back that’s had time and space when he’s had the ball.

I think I'm with Nostra. It's not just missing kicks, it's terrible turnovers in bad spots on the ground with little pressure. I don't doubt his endeavour, but what use is an outside playe who can't kick

Been a rock solid wingman for 2 years and been usurped by 2 spuds.
Just put him back there for ffs

His running power is wasted down back. And he generally uses the ball better when he has space on the wing, and not trying to kick through zones.

As a few others have noted, had a stinker today but has runs on the board.

Should be moved to a wing though to make best use of his skillset.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back