Changes v Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bulldogs have named a 26-man squad for their return to Marvel Stadium against the West Coast Eagles on Sunday afternoon.

Midfielder Jack Macrae has been included on an extended bench, rewarded for his 46-disposal performance in the VFL last weekend.

The All-Australian is joined by Riley Garcia, Rory Lobb, Taylor Duryea and James O’Donnell as fresh faces inside the 26.

Nick Coffield (shoulder) and Ed Richards(concussion) will miss the clash due to injury.

A final 23 will be named on Friday evening, with the substitute named an hour before the first bounce.

Bouncedown will be 1pm local time, with the game live streamed on Fox Footy and Kayo.

Bulldogs’ fans will be welcomed back to Marvel Stadium for the first time in 2024 on Easter Sunday, with the red, white and blue travelling to Ballarat for last week’s victory.

AFL Squad | Round 3

Western Bulldogs v West Coast Eagles
Sunday, 31 March, 1:00pm AEDT
Marvel Stadium
Broadcast: Fox Footy/Kayo

B: Bailey Dale, Liam Jones, Bailey Williams
HB: Lachie Bramble Buku Khamis, Jason Johannisen
C: Oskar Baker, Adam Treloar, Harvey Gallagher
HF: Ryley Sanders, Aaron Naughton, Cody Weightman
F: Rhylee West, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Laitham Vandermeer
FOLL: Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli, Tom Liberatore
INT: Sam Darcy, Riley Garcia, Rory Lobb, James O’Donnell, Caleb Poulter, Jack Macrae, Taylor Duryea, Caleb Daniel

In: Rory Lobb, Riley Garcia, James O’Donnell, Jack Macrae, Taylor Duryea
Out: Nick Coffield (shoulder), Ed Richards (concussion)

It'll be Darcy JOD Duryea with Daniel/Macca as sub other one in

I don't think they bring JOD and Duryea into the 22 tbh with Bailey Williams likely playing back again. I think / hope it will be:

JOD / Macrae / Daniel / Darcy with Garcia or Duryea as sub.

Wild to see great team selection even down to the onfield positions almost exactly what I would have done is nice. Besides VDM but he was always going to play after a better game last week.

Will depend on final bench I suppose but I’d hope for Daniel, Macrae, Darcy, JOD with Garcia sub, but think Doc over JOD for the 7th defender spot probably more likely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think they bring JOD and Duryea into the 22 tbh with Bailey Williams likely playing back again. I think / hope it will be:

JOD / Macrae / Daniel / Darcy with Garcia or Duryea as sub.
They'll want Williams as a flexible option with Duryea offers

Won’t be surprised if Macrae is sub. I’ll definitely disagree with it but I won’t be surprised

That’d be a terrible choice too, hes not a sub candidate at all really - not the type you’d want to bring on.

Doc & JOD both playing would mean 8 defenders which we don’t really run, I’d think it would be only one of them.
Doc/JOD will mean Williams is back to wing Macrae is almost a lock for the sub like CD was

How good was Baker last weekend!
That long run down the wing and 3 goals was spectacular.
He has some real speed and good ball control in not f$%king up the bouncing

My Dad called me and said "How good was that bloke last weekend?! What's his name? Vandermeer? No, not Vandermeer. s**t, I'm no good with their names."

I said "Baker?" and he said "Yeah that's him. How good was his run down the wing?"

If JOD is in the extended squad I’d rather just get match fitness into him against WCE over Duryea because we’ll need him at the higher level for the following weeks.

Given that Bevo brought him into the seniors after only 1 week training with us, after playing cricket exclusively to that point, while he was still learning the rules of AFL, I think he'll be straight in after missing just a few weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back