EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Undermanned Deer Park side were very impressive against a full strength Keilor side coming into the match with a strong pre season and one regular season match already played at home in front of an admiring crowd. Kielor clearly on the receiving end of hero worshiping field umpires who payed some absolutely terrible free kicks at crucial moments in Keilors favour. I think some of the Keilor team sleep with the light on and run around as though they have 200 AFL games under their belts. How anyone could go and watch Keilor week in week out with Xavier prancing around barking orders ad nuesum is beyond me. Just play footy without the 'look at me ' behaviors limping around then 20 seconds later no sign of injury. As for the miserable Keilor supporters who bring their own alcohol are things really that bad for you?. Keilor were impressive and play the game in a good spirit and their coach is a credit to football. Deer Park have a lot to look forward to and when they play off in the GF they will demolish Keilor just like they demolished West Coburg in last years Div 1 grand final. Reality is all teams fear Deer Park and for good reason. In closing, the scoreline would have really disappointed Keilor who were at least a 25 goal better outfit with their available playing squad.
It didn’t happen over night for keilor. It’s been building for years. It’s one thing getting these players into your club but making them bleed for the jumper is another. Keilor got the chalk board out and took deer park to school. As for supporters bringing their own drinks that’s poor. At my age standing next to the bar at any club is the easiest and most accessible for me and I couldn’t be bothered bringing my own esky and carrying it around like it’s a suitcase at the airport. Much rather sink cans fresh out of the fridge at any ground I visit.

Interesting round to say the least.

1.The griff did what I’d expect them to do despite not having a full team on the park. Strathmore have structure and a process that allows them to succeed whereas East Keilor looked directionless and ran around like headless chooks. The mores showed them there’s more to footy then just Thursday pay day.

2. I wasn’t sure what to expect from deer park. It’s hard at my old age to travel and watch other leagues while also having a lot of history within the EDFL through my kids, grandchildren and now great grandchildren. On paper Keilor id say aren’t as strong as last year but still showed DP what premier is all about. If rumors are true about Daw not fitting within the player points then that spells trouble for DP.

3.Abers from reports did a professional job on AW. Preseason means little but Airport West didn’t have a strong showing - being comfortably beaten by NFNL final hopefuls in Banyule and the Boro. Abers trying to replicate 2022. Interesting one to watch for sure.

4. I like being different. I thought greenvale would send a statement to the league yesterday but it wasn’t too be. Credit to Avondale they were terrific. Ball movement was spot on, tackling was up and the energy was incredible.

5. Paco started the post Digby era in a manner they had to. Without their prized recruit Saad they were still on their game with the panthers proving too hot to handle for the Stars.
Avondale played out of their skins but Greenvale handed the game to them on a silver platter. Some really undisciplined play and some awful turnovers in their back 50. Credit to Avondale though. Recruited well in the off-season and it showed.

Undermanned Deer Park side were very impressive against a full strength Keilor side coming into the match with a strong pre season and one regular season match already played at home in front of an admiring crowd. Kielor clearly on the receiving end of hero worshiping field umpires who payed some absolutely terrible free kicks at crucial moments in Keilors favour. I think some of the Keilor team sleep with the light on and run around as though they have 200 AFL games under their belts. How anyone could go and watch Keilor week in week out with Xavier prancing around barking orders ad nuesum is beyond me. Just play footy without the 'look at me ' behaviors limping around then 20 seconds later no sign of injury. As for the miserable Keilor supporters who bring their own alcohol are things really that bad for you?. Keilor were impressive and play the game in a good spirit and their coach is a credit to football. Deer Park have a lot to look forward to and when they play off in the GF they will demolish Keilor just like they demolished West Coburg in last years Div 1 grand final. Reality is all teams fear Deer Park and for good reason. In closing, the scoreline would have really disappointed Keilor who were at least a 25 goal better outfit with their available playing squad.
To quote ray Hadley “if brains were dynamite he wouldn’t blow his ears off”

We lost Bashen but The Longblow is a great replacement😂😂

Interesting round to say the least.

1.The griff did what I’d expect them to do despite not having a full team on the park. Strathmore have structure and a process that allows them to succeed whereas East Keilor looked directionless and ran around like headless chooks. The mores showed them there’s more to footy then just Thursday pay day.

2. I wasn’t sure what to expect from deer park. It’s hard at my old age to travel and watch other leagues while also having a lot of history within the EDFL through my kids, grandchildren and now great grandchildren. On paper Keilor id say aren’t as strong as last year but still showed DP what premier is all about. If rumors are true about Daw not fitting within the player points then that spells trouble for DP.

3.Abers from reports did a professional job on AW. Preseason means little but Airport West didn’t have a strong showing - being comfortably beaten by NFNL final hopefuls in Banyule and the Boro. Abers trying to replicate 2022. Interesting one to watch for sure.

4. I like being different. I thought greenvale would send a statement to the league yesterday but it wasn’t too be. Credit to Avondale they were terrific. Ball movement was spot on, tackling was up and the energy was incredible.

5. Paco started the post Digby era in a manner they had to. Without their prized recruit Saad they were still on their game with the panthers proving too hot to handle for the Stars.
Wonder why they fixtured Premiers Keilor vs the newly promoted side in round 1. Horrible call. Who is making these decisions??

Xavier, Bradley … best CHB in the league 👍
Would walk into married at first sight and doubt if he is the best chb in the edfl. Runs around like a peacock and he needs to go up 2 sizes in shorts. Looks like he is wearing a one piece at present. He is a good solid player with height being his strength.

Would walk into married at first sight and doubt if he is the best chb in the edfl. Runs around like a peacock and he needs to go up 2 sizes in shorts. Looks like he is wearing a one piece at present. He is a good solid player with height being his strength.
seen him play once, worst call ever he walks into most sides as a key back definitely ur side that's for sure

Deer Park v Keilor - my game-day scenes from quarters 1,3 and 4. Great game and great atmosphere with enthusiastic supporters on both sides. The first quarter was the best with both sides kicking 3 goals. Keilor were too good in the second half and cruised to well deserved victory. Enjoy my on-the-ground-behind-the-fence vision.

Was s**t !!! Players even found it hard …
#10 for EDS thug act…. Pacco player kicked the ball and then was run into blind sided: concussion … out for 21 days… few hits behind play, and they seem to like stomping on opponents feet and ankles in stoppages…
Pacco #8 reported for striking as retaliation for dirty behind play antics… watch for it other clubs !
Pacco 10 goal winners
Thug act don’t think so, it was a strong hip and shoulder with both feet on the ground when made contact as Paco player kicked ball. #8 Paco was a thug act in last qtr as it was a hit behind play. Stomping you are dreaming or just telling porky pies. They will probably take a look at #7 Paco also, again hit behind play. Both will get weeks

Deer Park Player Watch. Keep an eye on Diesel Moloney who is a very good young player with exceptional balance and skills. Also Billy Connolo who knocked up getting the ball across the half back line. Disposal by hand and foot was exceptional. Good also to see the local Rotary Club was afforded the opportunity to sell food and alcohol at the game between Keilor and Deer Park. No doubt some worthwhile funds were raised by the Rotary Club who indecently put together a great burger with onion, slaw and excellent beef pattie with choice of sauces for $5.00. Deer Park leading the way in community development.

Thug act don’t think so, it was a strong hip and shoulder with both feet on the ground when made contact as Paco player kicked ball. #8 Paco was a thug act in last qtr as it was a hit behind play. Stomping you are dreaming or just telling porky pies. They will probably take a look at #7 Paco also, again hit behind play. Both will get weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🤔
Not sure you “ hip and shoulder” after a player has kicked the ball ??? Front on… but ok..
It’ll be interesting to see what happens, assuming it’s going to tribunal????

🤔
Not sure you “ hip and shoulder” after a player has kicked the ball ??? Front on… but ok..
It’ll be interesting to see what happens, assuming it’s going to tribunal????

I’m not sure I’ve read a funnier post on this thread!

Wonder why they fixtured Premiers Keilor vs the newly promoted side in round 1. Horrible call. Who is making these decisions??
Deer Park requested the EDFL fixture their first match to be against Keilor, according to the DP presidents after match speech. They wanted to see where they were at within the comp. They found out where they were, but weren't disgraced.

Deer Park Player Watch. Keep an eye on Diesel Moloney who is a very good young player with exceptional balance and skills. Also Billy Connolo who knocked up getting the ball across the half back line. Disposal by hand and foot was exceptional. Good also to see the local Rotary Club was afforded the opportunity to sell food and alcohol at the game between Keilor and Deer Park. No doubt some worthwhile funds were raised by the Rotary Club who indecently put together a great burger with onion, slaw and excellent beef pattie with choice of sauces for $5.00. Deer Park leading the way in community development.
What was "indecent" about their burgers?

315 point flogging for Deer Park ressies. How much longer do blokes rock up with that happening?
Stick to the NFNL, captain of the ressies had his wedding on Saturday. Missed a number of players from the seniors and a large amount from the ressies. Last year, we were one game from playing finals. We'll bounce back. In saying that the Keilor side were F**KING good in both grades. Looking forward to the next time round.

SWOOPINGTIME

Xavier is a gun mate and best CHB in EDFL. Star player.

Watched the vision and from what I could see:
1- DS player - Yeah not sure that was a thug hit either, but it was late and unfortunately these days it could be a one week suspension as need to protect the player kicking the ball.

2- Pacco player - The incident in the last few seconds didn’t appear like much and wasn’t a thug hit either and definitely not from behind. Bit silly though I agree.

Didn’t see the other incident to comment mate.

Big #1 Mercieca from Burnside appeared to play well. Big step up but looked to win most ruck contests from the limited vision I seen. Young Pacco ruck also did some good things.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back