07 Draftees Expected To Play In 08

Remove this Banner Ad

Kreuzer won't play that many games - his development will be similar to Leuenberger in 2007. Will probably play 10 games or so.

We can expect both Steven Browne and Dennis Armfield, Carlton's 2 other recruits from the National Draft, to both feature in some senior games for Carlton in 2008. I would expect somewhere around 5 games for each of them next year. Anything else would be a bonus. I don't expect them to play more than 10 at this stage, but it really all depends on what happens between now and the start of the season, and as we know, there is plenty of time until then.

i would think morton would get a go playing on a forward flank and if he does well obviously he will stay in the team. I'm expecting grimes to play quite a bit in 2008....and watch out for cheyney to debut early in the season!..........

Kreuzer won't play that many games - his development will be similar to Leuenberger in 2007. Will probably play 10 games or so.

We can expect both Steven Browne and Dennis Armfield, Carlton's 2 other recruits from the National Draft, to both feature in some senior games for Carlton in 2008. I would expect somewhere around 5 games for each of them next year. Anything else would be a bonus. I don't expect them to play more than 10 at this stage, but it really all depends on what happens between now and the start of the season, and as we know, there is plenty of time until then.

kreuzer will play every game barring injury. the diference between leunbergers first year and kreauzers soon to be debut season is brisbane had quality ruckman and could easily afford to have him develop in the 2s. carlton can ill afford to have him playing in the 2s. compare charman/mcdonald/wood to ackland/cloke/setanta 3 2 premiership ruckman and young first round draftee compared to 1 two club reject 1 one club reject and an irish kpp given a crack in the ruck cos the other guys rnt doin their jobs.

i reckon pat veszpremi will play every game for the swans unless injured he has the body the skill and will slot in nicely to the swans midfield

I have that same feeling about the Prez. I know Roos hardly plays 1st year draftees, but there seems to be a buzz about Veszpremi that may buck the trend.

Seems exactly what the Swans need to re-ignite the midfield and up forward.

i reckon pat veszpremi will play every game for the swans unless injured he has the body the skill and will slot in nicely to the swans midfield
I love for this to happen but its very doubtful Roos has already said only Bird of our Draftees is likely to play much if any senior football next season. Expect Patty to be dominating the Canberra League.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rioli will almost certainly play during next year (probably the first 2 or 3 rounds until the 3 suspensions are finished with).

Whitecross will - barring injuries or spectacular form - most probably spend next year at Box Hill.

As for Dew - not sure if he counts for this thread - he will play 15-22 games off the HFF

kreuzer will play every game barring injury. the diference between leunbergers first year and kreauzers soon to be debut season is brisbane had quality ruckman and could easily afford to have him develop in the 2s. carlton can ill afford to have him playing in the 2s. compare charman/mcdonald/wood to ackland/cloke/setanta 3 2 premiership ruckman and young first round draftee compared to 1 two club reject 1 one club reject and an irish kpp given a crack in the ruck cos the other guys rnt doin their jobs.

I'd make a bet with you if i was at all confident that you would pay up when you are proved wrong.

As much as I would like it to happen, reality is that it almost definitely won't occur, and it's unrealistic to expect that he plays every game.

Not all clubs like to ruin their number 1 draft picks that are ruckmen. Josh Fraser has showed us that it's just not the right thing to do. We'll leave Kreuzer to develop properly so that his body isn't ruined by the time he turns 24.

Armfield will play 22 senior games next year if he stays fit, GUN, bookmark it :D;)

Tarrant will play between 5-10 games i think, built like a brick hithouse he is and the same for Levi Greenwood, looks like he could take on Hall and Brown in a cage match allready (maybe exaggerating a tad but he's certainly solid)

I think Myers might be able to play upwards of half the year and Pears might play a handful of games.

Have never seen Hooker play, so have no idea but he is 19 so might be more physically ready.

Of course it all depends on how they come on while now training with an AFL club and injuries of course.

Tarrant will play between 5-10 games i think, built like a brick hithouse he is and the same for Levi Greenwood, looks like he could take on Hall and Brown in a cage match allready (maybe exaggerating a tad but he's certainly solid)

yeh greenwood is 181cm and a whopping 93kgs i think next pre-season they will make him shed some of that weight and improve on his runing game(fitness,speed...ect..ect) melbourne did the same thing to nathan jones last pre-season he lost 7kgs and really worked on his running game and look how good he did this year!......i think the same thing will have to be done to greenwood if he wants to play in an AFL midfield...

yeh greenwood is 181cm and a whopping 93kgs i think next pre-season they will make him shed some of that weight and improve on his runing game(fitness,speed...ect..ect) melbourne did the same thing to nathan jones last pre-season he lost 7kgs and really worked on his running game and look how good he did this year!......i think the same thing will have to be done to greenwood if he wants to play in an AFL midfield...

Greenwood has a very good skinfold test, so it's not too much fat. If we are thinking of playing him in a HBF type role, we might need to get him to shed a bit of weight, but if it's in an Archer like position, I'm not too worried about the huge muscle mass.

I agree that he will have to shed a bit as it will make him even better but you are wrong about his speed and fitness in regards to playing midfield next season. He ran a sub 3sec 20m, 13.9 beep test and was in the top 10% for the 30m repeat sprints at the draft camp. He's definately good to go.

For Geelong, Harry Taylor would be the only possibility in the event that either/both Scarlett and Harley were injured and Egan suffered complications from his broken foot.
nah lonergan would come in if one of them were injured. if 2 out of the 3 were injured then he would be a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back