Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher

Remove this Banner Ad

I've heard lately theres been plenty of bashings there but not sure if it's always been like that,my boys go to st .pats in prospect which is one of the biggest schools in launceston and they don't have that many major issues,but then again tarryn thomas went there.
My Cousins went to St Pats. Decades ago. Its a big sporting school. One of them used to win every race he went in. State champ from 100-400m and shot put. They loved him there.

We're moving there next year. A few days ago Riverside was on my list of schools for one of my kids but she'll go somewhere a bit closer for now. A couple of North kids from Northern tassie now. That'll be good.

Send her to Cressy. She might never learn to work a computer, but she'll learn how to sew a mean crop!

It's not trivial stuff in this instance though.

Has there been an accusation or any link other than his friendship with another kid.

I was told the bullying story by someone very anti Shoenmaker a month ago. No other draftees name was mentioned.

But some here seem really keen to link Mckercher to it which to me, amounts to cyber bullying.

Has there been an accusation or any link other than his friendship with another kid.

I was told the bullying story by someone very anti Shoenmaker a month ago. No other draftees name was mentioned.

But some here seem really keen to link Mckercher to it which to me, amounts to cyber bullying.

Oh come on haha

People have heard the story about Arie, heard he and McKercher are mates and have asked the question. There's nothing to suggest he was involved, so it'll die in the arse. It's not worth getting worked up about mate

Oh come on haha

People have heard the story about Arie, heard he and McKercher are mates and have asked the question. There's nothing to suggest he was involved, so it'll die in the arse. It's not worth getting worked up about mate

There is nothing to suggest he was involved, so let’s speculate on it anyway

Pathetic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to call him, 'Blue Steel' based purely on how he seems to be in a constant state of intense focus with his facial expression.

maxresdefault.jpg

F_XyEOObwAAXQPA

We're moving there next year. A few days ago Riverside was on my list of schools for one of my kids but she'll go somewhere a bit closer for now. A couple of North kids from Northern tassie now. That'll be good.
There's a brand new school currently being built at Legana, which is just down the road from Riverside. Huge growth in that area over the last few years.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep. Also, I dunno what its like if you go to say Caulfield or Haileybury, but if you spend your high school years in the Tasmania's public system, speaking from first hand experience, you're basically guaranteed to befriend a ******* at some point.
Especially if you are among the footy players.

Just reading the crap about Colby being associated with Arie and any connection to bullying. I know Colby’s parents well, went to school with both of them. You have no need to worry as they are all solid citizens. It’s time to stop talking about it as it’s a non event.

A lock off the half back line for round one, pure silk. A Schwass, Grant, Sinclair type we have be dying for, for like at least a decade. The run and carry through the midfield is going to be so much fun to watch. 7 really should have covered more of our games in 2024 as I think a lot of pure footy fans are going to watch our games to see Shez, Wards, Thomas, George and this guy. We will play a very watchable brand of brand of footy, exactly what the AFL and 7 want. My money man this year though is CCJ, if this guy can clunk some marks as a link up tall we are going to score. Going to get smashed in defence which will cost us games, but we have the best mister defence fix it guy in Clarko who I'm sure will be telling defenders why the hell would you not want to be a part of this.

A lock off the half back line for round one, pure silk. A Schwass, Grant, Sinclair type we have be dying for, for like at least a decade. The run and carry through the midfield is going to be so much fun to watch. 7 really should have covered more of our games in 2024 as I think a lot of pure footy fans are going to watch our games to see Shez, Wards, Thomas, George and this guy. We will play a very watchable brand of brand of footy, exactly what the AFL and 7 want. My money man this year though is CCJ, if this guy can clunk some marks as a link up tall we are going to score. Going to get smashed in defence which will cost us games, but we have the best mister defence fix it guy in Clarko who I'm sure will be telling defenders why the hell would you not want to be a part of this.
🧐 plausible. I hope he can use his right boot. He’ll be worked out faster than a word search if he’s on half back. Midfield one foot can be ok. Half back and wing.. all you have to do is look at how well polec was with one foot. He’s not a marking-> stop play delivery player. Its midfield 100 for mine. I dont think he’s a half backer. I would not play him on half back. He is not a sheezel who was a half forward his whole junior career. Sheezel was in forward contests and when a half forward goes to half back they dominate.

Half back is not to be ****ed with. I would not play Kersher in half back.

Midfield/wing/ pinch hit half back at best.. for a rest. He isnt Harley Reid. He is an outside left foot midfield talent

Don’t people dare say any mid can play half back. You need forward craft to play half back. Thats why Fisher will be a good half back. Thats why Harley Reid would make a great half back.. skinny little whippets that have had the ball outside their entire lives are NOT HALF BACKS.

He’s not Sheezel, he wont get close to Sheezel. He is an outside mid and thats it. Sheezel is his daddy

🧐 plausible. I hope he can use his right boot. He’ll be worked out faster than a word search if he’s on half back. Midfield one foot can be ok. Half back and wing.. all you have to do is look at how well polec was with one foot. He’s not a marking-> stop play delivery player. Its midfield 100 for mine. I dont think he’s a half backer. I would not play him on half back. He is not a sheezel who was a half forward his whole junior career. Sheezel was in forward contests and when a half forward goes to half back they dominate.

Midfield/wing/ pinch hit half back at best.. for a rest. He isnt Harley Reid. He is an outside left foot midfield talent
Plenty of one sided elite distributors off half back. His pace and evasiveness is a weapon so could see him doing just fine there early doors.

Yes please don't play Colby half back. Just wing/midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back