AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah yes. The 'rest' card. I forgot. It is funny how none of our better players are ever rested.
They can be, and often are. Two were rested against Melbourne. If they have the endurance to go all year and only take a break at the bye, then they do. Some can't as they get older, or are more injury prone and can't risk pushing through.

Im not sure why we dont try Laverde in the role we sometimes used Fanta and Tippa for last year and thats starting the centre bounces behind the ball and just running through once the ball is tapped, he loves to bust through guys and its a good way of getting him into the play without him really needing to get the ball. If he does get the ball great we can pump it in, if not he is atleast getting his body at the contest to either knock someone over or lay a big tackle. I feel we sometimes waste our players a bit, when they arent getting a touch we just keep doing the same thing.

Mmmmm yum

200434_40142f362ad0a58edadbdc3adfa5064c.PNG

Last edited:
Im not sure why we dont try Laverde in the role we sometimes used Fanta and Tippa for last year and thats starting the centre bounces behind the ball and just running through once the ball is tapped, he loves to bust through guys and its a good way of getting him into the play without him really needing to get the ball. If he does get the ball great we can pump it in, if not he is atleast getting his body at the contest to either knock someone over or lay a big tackle. I feel we sometimes waste our players a bit, when they arent getting a touch we just keep doing the same thing.

Structures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen enough to believe he may be a squad player at best and should never be relied on to be in the best side. He will have his moments of brilliance but not enough. A career VFL player is looming here right now.

Expecting Laverde to be one of the sacrificial lambs this week. Because we're not moving towards anything greater and are very content to be exactly as good as we are now

Several weak efforts today capped off by not going back and shooting for goal from 50 with a couple of minutes remaining (he ****ed up the pass too).
He’s got no confidence kicking for goal yet he’s in our forward 6.
Worst on ground today.

Didn't watch the game but the simple reality is that he's one of the biggest talents on the list.

Through no fault of his own he hasn't played enough footy to date. He simply has to be left in, at least until the bye. His performance against Melbourne was not an accident and we need to work out exactly what we can get out of him.

Didnt play well today at all.

But he cant get dropped. We are pleading for young guys to get an extended go and he is no exception. Give him time enough to come good.
He’s had 4 years to come good. I know he’s had injuries (* you Geelong) but where do you see his improvement??
He has shown ability as a lead up forward but his skills are shocking.
VFL player. I really hope I’m wrong btw

He’s had 4 years to come good. I know he’s had injuries (**** you Geelong) but where do you see his improvement??
He has shown ability as a lead up forward but his skills are shocking.
VFL player. I really hope I’m wrong btw
The kid is 6'3" with a tonne of injuries. He is 3 games in at AFL level after a 12 week pre season lay off. Not to mention that the AFL team he is in is probably the worst situation for a young forward to play in. No structure and a total inability to win clearances.

If you expected a 'Ronke' then you are as bad as Worsfold.

The kid is 6'3" with a tonne of injuries. He is 3 games in at AFL level after a 12 week pre season lay off. Not to mention that the AFL team he is in is probably the worst situation for a young forward to play in. No structure and a total inability to win clearances.

I don’t expect a ‘Ronke’ but one goal would be nice.
We did win the inside 50s today.

I want him to stay in the team btw! I want to know why he didn’t want to take the opportunity to kick a goal and get us within 8 points with 2 mins remaining.

I’d much rather laverde in the team than Myers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back