AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

BZT great. Laverde under pressure.

Expectation does funny things.
Performance means more than expectations. One has had a great year so far, the other hasn't. Just because you hate one and love the other means nothing

BZT great. Laverde under pressure.

Expectation does funny things.
BZT was good last night wasn’t he….did get comically ahead of himself at one point and ran around the back of the ruckman (can’t remember which one) for a sneaky handball receive, Nick Daicos style.

Kick was smothered and turnover immediately ensued…..a man’s got to know his limitations.

BZT was good last night wasn’t he….did get comically ahead of himself at one point and ran around the back of the ruckman (can’t remember which one) for a sneaky handball receive, Nick Daicos style.

Kick was smothered and turnover immediately ensued…..a man’s got to know his limitations.
Did he forget to zerk and bake? Or shake and zerk.
We'll work its name out

Amazing what pressure up the field does.

Felt like last year he was in millions of one on one contests. This year the forward half pressure is allowing him and the rest of the backline to take proactive position, build the wall and intercept.

Game changed when he went down. Don't think the last quarter goes down like that if he's able to play out the game.

Fingers crossed the shoulder isn't too bad.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
yep, i think he adds a lot more to the backline than just his rugged good looks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today showed that he won't ever be a finals/top 4 teams third tall. Johnson ran rings around him before bing subbed out with what sounds like a shoulder injury.

Disappointing but that's what happens.
Johnson had 10 possessions and kicked 2 goals. Was hardly running rings around anyone. Had 3 touches up to half time. On top of that the way the defense works now days you never have the same player for 100% of the game.

Definitely think Ridley stepping up and playing on key forwards is the right move then. At least until Reid gets more VFL games under his belt

Montgomerie has shown enough in the VFL so far to say he can take first crack at filling Ridley's intercept role.
My SC and AF teams do not need this

FWIW was about a 5/10 up until he was injured. It hurt us to lose him however only because it meant pulling Setters from the midfield. His 2023 has been ok/good but not great. Of our defensive unit, he’s the one who I feel the club can recruit to replace the most easily.

FWIW was about a 5/10 up until he was injured. It hurt us to lose him however only because it meant pulling Setters from the midfield. His 2023 has been ok/good but not great. Of our defensive unit, he’s the one who I feel the club can recruit to replace the most easily.
Probably but we have none ready
The deficiency list mgmt has left will be glaring over the coming months.
If zerk goes down, we're boned

5/10 won us more games in the last month than we’ll most likely lose without him in the one coming. Be careful what you wish for I guess

Yeah, he's definitely the one who looks likeliest to get pushed out by Reid whenever that time comes.

But like Lore said, he's doing enough to help us win games right now. The defensive unit has been killing it this year (helped out by our improved defensive zone and the midfield and forwardline getting better defensively, limiting or slowing down the entries that come in) and Lav's a big part of that. It's gonna be a challenge to fill the void for the next couple of months.

Fingers crossed Scott and co are up to that challenge. Ditto for the backline.

Today showed that he won't ever be a finals/top 4 teams third tall. Johnson ran rings around him before bing subbed out with what sounds like a shoulder injury.

Disappointing but that's what happens.
He's been in a top 4 team all year! Collingwood was at their best when Laverde went off. Not really sure about your comment TBH.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back