Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, I can agree he's not playing well, no actual argument there. And I realise the flag was 4 years ago so form lines don't just 'stay' with a player... And I'm not a massive Woewodin fan, but he was big for collingwood for a year or two, he did fall off the edge of a cliff form wise though.

But the exaggerated "List clogger (or Spud or all the other usual terms you use to describe our players)" is drastic overkill.

The you say you want to trade him because it's good business. Which other club is buying a "List Clogger" then...?

I actually like your passion, but the way you turn on (our) AFL listed players is unreal.
This is how you fast track a premiership
You have to be ruthless otherwise you get left behind:

Last edited:

You have to keep the leadership and mature bodies to fast track the redevelopment. Getting rid of your leadership, even if under performing causes North's situation.

We should trade some guys, but we have to keep a really solid core.

You have to keep the leadership and mature bodies to fast track the redevelopment. Getting rid of your leadership, even if under performing causes North's situation.

We should trade some guys, but we have to keep a really solid core.
he offers nothing of what you're telling us doc

I think he's just out of form and the injury layoff doesn't help. If he didn't slip over twice at crucial moments yesterday we probably wouldn't be talking about him.

I'd like to see Kaleb Smith given a run back there and Short out makes the most sense ATM.
Who chose the boots/studs last week we were slipping over everywhere

end of the year we lose Dusty, Prestia, Grimes, Graham, Baker, Kmac, Broad, Naismith, Pickett potentially. And Coulthard, Cumbo.
8, 9 senior players in one go is more than enough

not fast tracking to 19th is our reality.

end of the year we lose Dusty, Prestia, Grimes, Graham, Baker, Kmac, Broad, Naismith, Pickett potentially. And Coulthard, Cumbo.

Managing not turning into NMFC is our reality.
there are some better AFL players rotting away in the VFL than all of those , minus Dusty. We are nearly at NM levels
now.lol
This NM comparison is utter nonsense and mass hysteria. Go and check the dogs VFL side that beat us on Sunday as there were 5 players in that one side that are better than all the players you mentioned apart from Dusty.
Naismith. lol
JGTI. lol he'll be traded and thank God if someone wants him.
Grimes we have replacement with Gibcus or Trezise
kmac2 for Prestia
Baker gets us picks
Broad should stay
KMAC is done

We will trade in hopefully some decent senior players in with all of that. Don't panic as you will be happy this time next year once you see my plan was right if the club has the balls to do it.

Last edited:
he offers nothing of what you're telling us doc

He is a mature body. He is a leader.

Not playing well.

If we lose all of our mature players then we are stuffed for a long time. We need to keep them to hand over to a new group. This has been shown over and over again. Keeping a mature leader on the slide is a good thing, as long as you only have enough to keep that mature core to bring the rest of the playing group through. Assume some injuries, not what we are facing now though.

He is a mature body. He is a leader.

Not playing well.

If we lose all of our mature players then we are stuffed for a long time. We need to keep them to hand over to a new group. This has been shown over and over again. Keeping a mature leader on the slide is a good thing, as long as you only have enough to keep that mature core to bring the rest of the playing group through. Assume some injuries, not what we are facing now though.
Gold Coast are defying your logic as they're going with mostly youth. Yes they have talented kids everywhere and we need to start finding them rather than expecting AN average HBF to be our saviour. Dimma is surrounding himself with quality assistants and they're putting games into kids to see who can cut it so they can keep improving as well as to weed out the dregs. Do you want him to win 3 more flags bc your logic is a recipe for disaster?

In normal circumstances he gets dropped. Deserves to be dropped. Been extremely disappointing all year and we can't even use the excuse of "he is being played out of position" because he isn't. He is playing in his best position and his effort has been terrible along with his disposal.
Seems like he has checked out completely. Not a leaders arsehole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back