VFL Round 17 v Southport Fankhauser Reserve Saturday July 15 11.35am

Remove this Banner Ad

No real stand outs for me.. thought everyone stood up at some point in the match
Pretty all rounded team effort

Super excited for Coulthard and Bradtke tho. Both looked the best I’ve seen them

How bout that Yassine tho? My god he can play

No real stand outs for me.. thought everyone stood up at some point in the match
Pretty all rounded team effort

Super excited for Coulthard and Bradtke tho. Both looked the best I’ve seen them

How bout that Yassine tho? My god he can play
Too right , he’s a Houli foundation player , surely we could slot him as a cat B rookie

Bradke 3 goals, 4 marks, is looking better and better each week. One thing I have noticed he is working harder in and around the contest.
Brown, 25 disposals, and 5 marks. Uses the ball well, and controls that back half well.
Clarke, 16 disposals and 1 goal.
Used his pace well, and looked crafty around the packs.
Coulthard, 11 disposals, 4 marks, and 4 tackles. Has class, and got some tricks.
Cumberland, 14 disposals, 2 goals, and 6 marks. Followed up from his good performance last week of 16 disposals and 3 goals.
Dow, 20 disposals, 4 marks, and 1 goal. Solid performance backed up again from last week.
Mansell, 25 disposals, 2 goals, 8 marks, and 5 tackles. Very good game seemed to be everywhere. Top 3 for the team.
Biggy, 18 disposals, 10 marks, and 1 goal. Was dominant in the air.
Sonsie, 25 disposals, 1 goal, 4 marks, and 3 tackles. Took the game on and used the ball well. Just needs to win more of his own ball.
Trezise, 24 disposals, and 4 marks. Another solid performance, very consistent.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That yassine raised the eyebrow , I’d play him more often looks to have a real bag of tricks
First time i'd seen him this year as i missed our earlier games. Was impressed within minutes of seeing him play. Love his acceleration, skills under pressure and decision making . Can jump as well so he's an eye opener for the future.

Bradke 3 goals, 4 marks, is looking better and better each week. One thing I have noticed he is working harder in and around the contest.
Brown, 25 disposals, and 5 marks. Uses the ball well, and controls that back half well.
Coulthard, 11 disposals, 4 marks, and 4 tackles
Cumberland, 14 disposals, 2 goals, and 6 marks.
Followed up from his good performance last week of 16 disposals and 3 goals.
Dow, 20 disposals, 4 marks, and 1 goal. Solid performance backed up again from last week.
Mansell, 25 disposals, 2 goals, 8 marks, and 5 tackles. Very good game seemed to be everywhere. Top 3 for the team.
Sonsie, 25 disposals, 1 goal, 4 marks, and 3 tackles. Took the game on and used the ball well. Just needs to win more of his own ball.
Did not watch the game. Would like to see Trezise come in vs the Hawks next week.Will be a player.

Coulthard, 11 disposals, 4 marks, and 4 tackles. Has class, and got some tricks.
Cumberland, 14 disposals, 2 goals, and 6 marks. Followed up from his good performance last week of 16 disposals and 3 goals.
That’s good about bradke as the biggest Q I had over him was how desperate he was for an afl career , his work rate has def improved , get another pre season under the belt

Mansell impressed me the most. Looks above VFL level.
Others all good in patches, but don't know that any really stood out with an overall 4 quarter performance? Happy to be corrected.
Sonsie & Dow I thought were both good, Biggie did have a purple patch in the second.
Coulthard, Cumberland and Judson had a couple of really good moments each.

For some reason I didn't really notice Tresize or Brown that much, despite them being right up the top of our possession getters. Is it because they play back where we usually have an extra number, so I don't notice them in the contest as much? Or is it because they are just calm and smooth that I don't notice them?

Mansell impressed me the most. Looks above VFL level.
Others all good in patches, but don't know that any really stood out with an overall 4 quarter performance? Happy to be corrected.
Sonsie & Dow I thought were both good, Biggie did have a purple patch in the second.
Coulthard, Cumberland and Judson had a couple of really good moments each.

For some reason I didn't really notice Tresize or Brown that much, despite them being right up the top of our possession getters. Is it because they play back where we usually have an extra number, so I don't notice them in the contest as much? Or is it because they are just calm and smooth that I don't notice them?
I notice Tresize cos of the pony tail.

I hardly watch a game of VFL but don't notice Steely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back