VFL Round 17 v Southport Fankhauser Reserve Saturday July 15 11.35am

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on Mansell, with Short out for the next month will they look to perhaps play Mansell in the back half. He was sweeping well in the back half, ran hard, and worked hard. May well be back in the team next week against the Hawks.

I’d like to see him up forward again. He put the shits up people; defenders heard foot steps when he was around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was critical of the standard of our VFL-listed players earlier in the season but there's about half a dozen I'd consider giving at least a rookie a spot on the AFL list to. Yassine, Olden, Lefau, El Nour even Brindley & Melville would be handy depth IMO -Brodders kid looks handy from what little I've seen Teal's been disappointing since returning from a lengthy injury but the club must've seen something in him to consider him for a senior spot during the pre-season.

Was critical of the standard of our VFL-listed players earlier in the season but there's about half a dozen I'd consider giving at least a rookie a spot on the AFL list to. Yassine, Olden, Lefau, El Nour even Brindley & Melville would be handy depth IMO -Brodders kid looks handy from what little I've seen Teal's been disappointing since returning from a lengthy injury but the club must've seen something in him to consider him for a senior spot during the pre-season.
El Nour is another poor man's Alirx2 and Biggy is going to be delisted as he's much the same. I can't see much more improvement in both boys there.
Olden doesn't get it enough and they're a dime a dozen floating around in third tier Aussie Rules FC.
LeFau is hot and cold and really a headless chook type footballer. Tries hard and that's about it.
Brindley maybe some hope and need to see a bit more of.
Melville see all above minus Brindley.
Brodders meh, but see Brindley.
Teal I was excited about pre MSD , but has dropped right off and maybe bc of injury he's not 100%.I would entertain the thought above all those abovementioned.
Yassine looks absolutely an AFL footballer as he has speed, awareness, excellent foot skills and very balanced. I'd only seen him for the first time on Saturday and was super impressed by HT.

El Nour is another poor man's Alirx2 and Biggy is going to be delisted as he's much the same. I can't see much more improvement in both boys there. Disagree and I'll gladly take a poor man's Aliir - where mainly just looking for depth here.
Olden doesn't get it enough and they're a dime a dozen floating around in third tier Aussie Rules FC.He'd still be an upgrade on Dow as a depth player at this point.Obviously I'd rather just draft another kid or Fiorini if we take up that rumoured GC offer.
LeFau is hot and cold and really a headless chook type footballer. Tries hard and that's about it.Definitely a boom or bust player but there's enough potential there to work with. Good size can do some special things as well as some "special" things. One of our triple premiership players was the epitome of a "headless chook" and Lefau's not even that bad. Hell Jake King's early days in the backline were worse.:$
Brindley maybe some hope and need to see a bit more of. Yes.
Melville see all above minus Brindley. Looks a reliable solid no-nonsense footballer to me. That's all you want from the arse end of your list.
Brodders meh, but see Brindley. Like I said looked alright from what little I've seen. At least looked better than Naish and we drafted that spud in the second round. :$
Teal I was excited about pre MSD , but has dropped right off and maybe bc of injury he's not 100%.I would entertain the thought above all those abovementioned.Yes, second one I'd pick:thumbsu:
Yassine looks absolutely an AFL footballer as he has speed, awareness, excellent foot skills and very balanced. I'd only seen him for the first time on Saturday and was super impressed by HT. Definitely - First one I'd pick.:thumbsu:
Obviously where not going to give 7 AFL spots to our VFL players So for me it would be Yassine and then Teal.

Anyway didn't you disagree with me when I said our VFL players were all s**t house?:think:

Obviously where not going to give 7 AFL spots to our VFL players So for me it would be Yassine and then Teal.

Anyway didn't you disagree with me when I said our VFL players were all s**t house?:think:
Interesting way of quoting me and I actually liked it. No I didn’t agree with you that ALL our VFL players were s**t.
I only agree on Tesl and Yassine at this stage. Believe me Biggy will be delisted and you can’t compare LeFau to JC as they’re different types of footballers. Anyhow it will all be seen who’s right on Biggy

Interesting way of quoting me and I actually liked it. No I didn’t agree with you that ALL our VFL players were s**t.
I only agree on Tesl and Yassine at this stage. Believe me Biggy will be delisted and you can’t compare LeFau to JC as they’re different types of footballers. Anyhow it will all be seen who’s right on Biggy
Wasn't comparing them as players - just the "headless chook " aspect of their respective games.

Fully expect Biggy to be delisted - I won't agree with it but I doubt we're only going to cover Tarrant's, Cotchin's & Riewoldt's retirements and that's it. We've now re-signed FA's McIntosh & Broad, Graham should be traded but you just know he won't be. Ralphsmith hopefully will be. Cumberland could request a trade. Soldo an outside chance given it was floated last year. Can't really see the club doing much in that regard though but we'll still need to make at least 5 changes so reckon it'll just be Biggy, Dow & the retirees out. Wouldn't be shocked though if -rightly or wrongly-at least one of your MSD boys doesn't get a new contract offer either.

have the ages of some of our vfl prospects age as in end of the year

brad melville--25
lachlan street --25
camm olden---23
tom bracher---21
mykelti lefau --26
tom brindley--25
austin johnson--22
will bravo-------21
mohammed yassine--20
muyaz el nour ----22
luke teal--------19
archie may ------19
-----------------------------------------------------
the one player we did recruit this year james trezise was recruited as a forward
will be 21 end of year,,,,was recruited from tooradin dalmore/ he has never been in an
afl elite pathway,, his upside like is enormous

tyler young was recruited from soccer never had time in afl pathway
but was considered a great athlete his first year at frankston he played forward and ruck
his upside will also be enormous with more training and knowledge given to him

i think this is a great way to recruit using our very good vfl programme
to train and teach players who have not had the necessary afl elite programmes like most of the u-18 are every year,, it will be hit and miss ,but in the last 2 years we have added young and trezise
will we add 1 or 2 at the end of the year or in spp list.. or in next years mid season draft

there is a lot of talent on our vfl list,,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back