Player Watch #19: Josh Schache

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know how he'll go, but I'm prepared to keep an open mind.

Welcome to the club, Josh. Hope you'll give it a real Schache next year...

(I'll see myself out).

Always thought he was a solid foil for Naughton because he has good forward craft and usually takes his chances. Could just never really impose himself on a game though. He’s really a half forward in a KPF’s body. Solid depth for Brown or Lever. Wish him well.

My favourite trade, behind Grundy. Hunter close third. Josh Schache come on down.

Love it.

This guy gives me serious Ben Brown vibes, about as aggressive and physical as a wet lettuce leaf but big and a beautiful kick of the footy.

Hopefully they put him in some kind of a camp which turns him into a psychopath, but I think this pickup might be more about trying to get Casey to go back to back than to take the Dees back to the holy grail.

Frustrating player as the ability is there (beautiful kick for a big man, reads the play, good athlete), but just has no physical presence in the air and isn’t quick.

I would’ve kept him as depth, should’ve played more for us this year anyway.

Schache is a fine replacement for Weid.

I expect zero out of him. Have any players turned things around after arriving at their third club?
Hickey at club 4?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thing with Josh Schache is that he can provide cover for any tall position.

In defence: May, Lever, Tomlinson/Petty
In attack: Brown, Mcdonald, Petty( as a swingman)
In the ruck: Gawn, Grundy.

Anyway, Schache! Did he ever make the Kent Kingsley against us? Have we ever recruited a player from the Kent Kingsley list?

Don't think so, on either count. Dawes maybe? We were pretty terrible just before he joined.
Surprised Schache isn't a member. But I can't remember him playing too many decent games at all tbh. Would be great to roll out the red carpet for a member of the Kingsley one day!

This guy gives me serious Ben Brown vibes, about as aggressive and physical as a wet lettuce leaf but big and a beautiful kick of the footy.

Hopefully they put him in some kind of a camp which turns him into a psychopath, but I think this pickup might be more about trying to get Casey to go back to back than to take the Dees back to the holy grail.
full

Remove this Banner Ad

Back