Autopsy 2-men down on the bench Brions spank Dogs 108-67

Remove this Banner Ad

Other teams have adapted to use it now too the difference is they push forward and attack straight away as soon as the ump calls play on
Yeah, I know, I think Cats were using it, but selectively. We just use it forward, back, midfield, at all times. It led to goals tonight by letting the offensive player run forward, and get momentum to kick further.

It ain’t our year.

Unfortunate but we’ve just never really looked like it this year.

We tried hard tonight but it was the same issues:

- Defence not good enough

- Kicking for goal rubbish

- Not converting when we have momentum

- Too many injuries to key players

Next year: no GF loss hanging over us and hopefully better injury run.

Confident we can bounce back.

Send the other half to me. I'm bloody starving mate. My wife will only let me eat grapefruit and asparagus until I fit into the new shirts she bought me.
Has she no sense of smell?

**** you Beveridge, and your ****ing stupid territory concession on the mark. It wasn't the deciding factor, but WTAF does it achieve, you pillock?

There, glad I got that off my chest.

As to everything else, a largely sh1tful performance. Even with players back, finals are a pipe-dream.
the problem we have with the 'outside 5' tactic is Bevo will need to save face and will probably roll it out next year as well, same as the the ruck situation over the past few years, theres a reason no other team does it. it breeds a hang off, unaccountable mentality that as the season has gone on has gotten worse and now has us leaking badly from defense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JUH is developing nicely shame he couldn’t finish off his good work
I think JUH has built his fitness to a level where he can compete for a full game including getting up the ground but I suspect he’s gassed when lining up for those shots. His kicking will come good as he continues to build his tank.

The most surprising thing about that performance is that it wasn't surprising in the least.

McComb, Gardner, O'Brien, and Scott are liabilities. Genuine bottom four team players.

Dunkley can * off. His disposal is diabolical. It's nice that he's good defensively but he can't hit a target by hand or foot.

Dale has not been good enough offensively to be as bad as he is defensively. We desperately need a Duryea replacement.

Umpires were horrible but improved after half time where we were only 8 points down. It's no excuse and we fell into a heap despite having an extra player on the bench.

It ain’t our year.

Unfortunate but we’ve just never really looked like it this year.

We tried hard tonight but it was the same issues:

- Defence not good enough

- Kicking for goal rubbish

- Not converting when we have momentum

- Too many injuries to key players

Next year: no GF loss hanging over us and hopefully better injury run.

Confident we can bounce back.

Sums it up well

Cameron looked like 2015 Jake Stringer in that 3rd quarter. Hate that it was against us but it was beautiful nonetheless.

Biggest issue was our ball use through the midfield. Too many shanks, miskicks and missed targets. This led to turnovers and easy transition for the Lions. 1st quarter we hit our targets and we looked on top. Lots of missed opportunities in front of goal as well.

Scott will no doubt cop it but didn't think he was that bad. Charlie would have kicked half his goals on anyone tonight.

We're not up to it with the current state of this list. Perhaps it's a sacrilegious thought, but I would rather a better draft hand than limp into eighth spot by beating ordinary teams. We have a nucleus of serious quality. I hope that we ultimately get some reward for this.

I don't blame the team going for it, we've pulled off two miracle run homes before. But the moment it becomes mathematically impossible, or even just almost impossible they need to pull the pin hard. Get a better pick to use or trade. If we get belted next week I'd probably call it myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back