Review Dogs beat Brions 67-53, JUH kicks 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. Super creepy thing to say.
Mods gave it the all clear last night. Pretty pathetic I think.
There's unfortunately been plenty of comments about Dunkley over the past months which have overstepped the mark.

Would hope that now the Brisbane game is behind us (particularly since the Dogs banked the 4 points) people can move on without the same level of unwarranted abuse towards him.

Great to see Macrae bounce back. Jamarra is a star and a leader.

So good also to beat a team who's first 2 draft picks we hold. As bad as our year has started, we're now equal on points with the team who started the season 3rd favourite.
His first half in particular really emphasised how invisible he was in the first two weeks. He was great tonight

Who said what?
The post 4Seasons quoted at the top of the page. Just weird and unnecessary.
Not trying to derail the thread, just wanted to agree that it's stuff like that that just doesn't need to be said by anyone.

That Naughton mark to set up Williams goal was extraordinary. He sprinted 30m and jumped over a pack of players that included multiple giants. He had no right to mark it.

What that showed me is Naughton is a better forward on the move rather than sitting on his head.

The side almost has to play to his strength put it out in front of him let him jump at it and Naughton has to get on the move not be stationary.

A Naughton on the move with his jump will attract free kicks the opposition will panic

What that showed me is Naughton is a better forward on the move rather than sitting on his head.

The side almost has to play to his strength put it out in front of him let him jump at it and Naughton has to get on the move not be stationary.

A Naughton on the move with his jump will attract free kicks the opposition will panic
Agreed. He has the ability to be a bailout option but he was at his best (with Bruce) when both were on the move getting the ball on the lead. It was only 2 years ago but the ball movement to our leading forwards was so crisp back then.

That Naughton mark to set up Williams goal was extraordinary. He sprinted 30m and jumped over a pack of players that included multiple giants. He had no right to mark it.

Also noticed straight after he was being called off by bench, Bont saw him jogging that way and told him to get back in forward line and ignore the call, great captain's call and whoever was running rotations is a Muppet, game in balance you need the players who will create and win contests.

The post 4Seasons quoted at the top of the page. Just weird and unnecessary.
Not trying to derail the thread, just wanted to agree that it's stuff like that that just doesn't need to be said by anyone.
That was my mistake Igloo - I was very tired when I looked at it and misread it. It should have been deleted and I see now that Mofra has done so. My bad. Your call was correct - it wasn't something that should be posted on here (or anywhere.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great measured post as always.

Yes, agree, Garcia will learn over time where to draw the line. Yes, he stuffed up tonight, but through trying to do something, which as you say is what many of us have been crying out for. Not ideal, and could well have cost us the game, but prefer that to some of the timidity and lacklustre efforts last week. Baker doesn't mind a crack either, when there was a bit of a scuffle at one stage. No need to go silly and get suspended, but sticking up for your team-mates, and staying in their face, is not a bad trait, and one we are severely lacking in.
There was a bit of a dust up when Crozier was tackled over the line, any idea what that was about? Libba came in to "break it up" ;)

Final one for me tonight - Watson, Thomas and Gil's brother trying to still say Scott was the driver of the sling tackle. FMD are they blind? They showed it 10 times from every angle in slow motion, Scott WAS NOT trying to spin in a circle as he was being tackled, the tackler created the sling motion and clearly spun Scott around. Then one of them said his whole body hit the ground at the same time, so it was ok. And that the tackler executed the tackle almost perfectly! It's the f***ing intent you moron, not the result. Scott had no control where he landed, and his face still hit the ground without an opportunity to brace himself as one arm was pinned and the other holding onto the ball.
The Fox team were saying similar, led by Pearce :(

Why has it taken 3 weeks and 2 terrible losses to find the effort and intensity required at afl level?

Loved the win, but hate where we are at.

Let's see what we dish up next week
This might be where our season starts. No reason why the events of the past weeks won't be a springboard for success.

Treloar is a real barometer for the team. He was so good in the middle. Him, Liber, Bont and Macrae really stood up and showed why on paper they’re the best in the comp. Need that every week.

Loved JJ down back.
Treloar and Baz seem to be forming a partnership - much like it used to be Macrae and Hunter.

Macrae is not a forward.
Big difference the way he was deployed in non-CBA attendance last night. Rather than being plonked in the goalsquare he started at CHF and made his way into the middle to impact as required. Treloar/Libba/Bont taking up the majority of CBAs was a welcome sight, we need to try different combinations in there.

Imagine her and Gary Lyon calling us together, nightmarish
We (Bulldogs) were her main rivals from pre AFLW through to the AFLW. When we made the Grand Final it was by narrowly defeating the Demons, then we went on to win the premiership. To win before the Demons would have stung hard in anyone with strong competitive spirit and ambition.
But to still convey this as a commentator is petty and AFL seems to have a few that can’t get past their biases.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back