Remove this Banner Ad

DonAce

All Australian
Veteran NFL Mock Draft Participant
Jun 23, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone thinking of having a bet on this weekend’s action?

Head-to-head odds (sportsbet.com.au)

Oakland – 3.50
New England – 1.30

Chicago – 3.15
Washington – 1.30

Cincinnati – 1.55
Cleveland – 2.45

Denver – 1.47
Miami – 2.65

Houston – 2.90
Buffalo – 1.41

NJ Jets – 2.35
Kansas City – 1.60

New Orleans – 3.60
Carolina – 1.29

Seattle – 2.35
Jacksonville – 1.58

Tampa Bay – 3.20
Minnesota – 1.35

Tennessee – 3.60
Pittsburgh – 1.29

Arizona – 2.20
NY Giants – 1.67

Dallas – 2.60
San Diego – 1.49

Green Bay – 2.35
Detroit – 1.58

St Louis – 1.40
San Francisco – 2.95

Indianapolis – 1.63
Baltimore – 2.28

Philadelphia – 1.83
Atlanta – 1.98

I’ll probably put a bit of hard earned on my Bears at 3.15 over Washington, but I also like the Jets over KC at 2.35 and Baltimore at 2.28 at home over the Colts. Green Bay could be the bet of the week though, 2.35 against a Lions outfit that has proved little.

Re: NFL Betting - Week One

I noticed the line for Oak-NE was 49.5.... I'll definately have a flutter on under that. At New England... start of a season... not sure if those kind of points are going to be made... I realise defenses expected to be weak but yeah...im not sure if NE's will be... they always find a way... just my feeling.

Might have a look at Seattle and Atlanta, as underdogs.

Other than that will play the line on the first 3-4 tips as per my weekly tipping on the other board (Minnesota, St Louis, Denver....)

Just an opinion for you before you risk your hard earned... Chicago would be extremely risky considering the QB situation. Washington have an awfully solid D... and Portis will be better this year... but anyone can win! I've learnt that many times, haha.

Wouldnt want to bet against Colts either... Baltimore wont be able to keep with them in terms of points.

All good points.

I haven’t really had a look at the lines yet, going to wait until tomorrow before I decide on this week’s bets, this thread was mainly just to get the discussion going with the head-to-head odds. To be honest, wasn’t sure if anyone would be interested in talking about this stuff, so didn’t want to write a huge post if it wouldn’t get any replies. Hopefully this can become a regular weekly thing, anything to get the board stronger.

That NE/Oak bet looks a pretty solid one, but I’m waiting a few weeks before I start backing the scores, since I want to get a feel. Until then there’s plenty of money to be made in the head-to-heads and standard lines. Atlanta is worth a look, but I wouldn’t touch Seattle, even though I think they’re a good team, I think the Jaguar defence will give them headaches.

Chicago/Washington will definitely be a battle of the defence/punters. Both teams are actually very similar, top 10 defences, solid running games, one big-time receiver but huge question marks at QB (Orton/Ramsey). Neither will light up the scoreboard, so it comes down to whoever coughs it up and if someone can make a big play on special teams. I just really like the odds, and feel 3.15 is way to long for Chicago, but I’ll take it.

Having a look at the lines, I actually really like some of the ones you pointed out, and will be taking a bite at a few of them.

camsmith said:
Chicago – 3.15
Washington – 1.30

Take the bears.

I dont question that. However I have tipped the Redskins and wouldnt go against them. I dont like to betting for a team to lose, which is the equivilant of what it is... it'll be the team that doenst stuff up the most.... I'd rather look at the teams like Minnesota, St Louis and Denver who will likely have too much offensive pressure which the opponents wont be able to maintain due to lack or talent, etc... but then again at the end of the day im behind when it comes to gambling so dont trust me! hahahaha

I don't bother with head to head.

The TAB usually has NFL Pick 4, which is where I normally put my money. Yeah, it's a bit harder, but the better odds are worth it IMO.

Two seasons ago I got some good odds and made quite a bit, but last season it seemed they smartened up a bit and the value just wasn't there.

I like the challenge, so hopefully it goes back to the way it was...

fuey said:
I don't bother with head to head.

The TAB usually has NFL Pick 4, which is where I normally put my money. Yeah, it's a bit harder, but the better odds are worth it IMO.

Two seasons ago I got some good odds and made quite a bit, but last season it seemed they smartened up a bit and the value just wasn't there.

I like the challenge, so hopefully it goes back to the way it was...

yeah i used to do that too about 2 years ago. they had pick 6 as well at one stage. I nailed it a couple of times... at long odds... i was younger though and only had like 10-20 bucks on it. not bad at 10 or 25 to one.

The JETS definately can't be overlooked either. KC's QB Green has been troubled with a blood circulation issue in his leg this pre-season and is questionable to play the season opener.

Although the Chiefs have bolstered thier D, I still think the Jets are good things.

The other game that could be a storm in a teacup is the all-new Browns vs the Bungles. They had a massive shoot-out last season and with ex-NEW England's Def Co-Ord (Romeo C) taking over, they have cleaned out the defensive dead wood (all to Denver!!), it's gonna be interesting how they put up enough points vs loose defense in Cincy.

I've locked my tip 3 picks in parlays that will hopefully help me clean up.

I had a little nibble on dallas at sportingbet at nearly $3 or 2/1 whatever way you read your odds. Even though i expect san diego to win it is the first round and upsets happen all the time. No to mention Antonio Gates will be missing so a huge part of their offense especially in the red zone will be missing.

I ended up going 20 on the Bears flat out, and 15 multied into the Patriot/Raiders game being under 50.5, and Sydney between 1-39. I'm well ahead from the AFL season, so lets see if we can make some money now it's NFL time.

Happy punting everyone, lets see how we go.

NFL is back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fuey said:
Gonna put $10 on Jets-Jags-Bolts-Pack @ 11s.

Let's hope for a good betting year for all!

thats a bit scary im not confident in any of those, but same said... they are all a chance.

At this stage, still got the weekend to dwell on it:

Indianapolis -3 : Manning v Boller... I dont see how baltimore will move the ball.
Denver -4.5 : Denvers strength will be its run D I reckon... they should be able to control the game here.
Minnesota -6
St Louis -6 (I think it was)
Seattle to win

fuey said:
Gonna put $10 on Jets-Jags-Bolts-Pack @ 11s.

Let's hope for a good betting year for all!

where do you put these bets on at. i looked att the tab sportsbet website and the only bets available were superbowl odds

Lenny Briscoe said:
where do you put these bets on at. i looked att the tab sportsbet website and the only bets available were superbowl odds

When was the last time you checked?

Cos during the day yesterday it wasn't on the website, but by the time I got home last night, it was there.

So yeah, try the website again... they've got an ESPN double too now, which is the Sunday night-MOnday night double.

Danielz_23 said:
thats a bit scary im not confident in any of those, but same said... they are all a chance.

True... but any bet is a risk really. If I was completely sure all four were going to win, I would put $20+ on it.

Week 1 Discussion

Oakland has jumped out of the blocks... Moss and Jordan are impressive (from the stats im looking at here at work) on debut.

Branch looks like he is picking up where he left off... soughta gone under my radar because of all the receivers they have.

...Collins just intercepted by Wilfolk... gota see that when i get home!!

Re: Week 1 Discussion

Lenny Briscoe said:
collins is struggling 7/18 at the moment. it seems every throw is going to moss and he 's only caught 2

i've noticed that... ie. pass incomeplete to R.Moss...

New England are amazing.. they dont seem to do much but accumulate these leads. Like they couldnt move it on the ground but just landed a few good pass plays.

I have Moss, Jordan, Collins and Dillion... all good enough today so gota be happy. (funny how all NFL talk ends up coming back to fantasy games, haha)

Wow, the NE/Raiders game was a nailbiter, got the line by .5 points, don't think I wasn't cursing when that punt got blocked. Now for the Swans to do their part.

DonAce said:
I ended up going 20 on the Bears flat out, and 15 multied into the Patriot/Raiders game being under 50.5, and Sydney between 1-39. I'm well ahead from the AFL season, so lets see if we can make some money now it's NFL time.

Happy punting everyone, lets see how we go.

NFL is back!

Go Sydney between 1-39.... you must have loved that scoreline (50)... nice. Glad I didnt end up getting on the 49.5 line, haha

I was packing myself :p When Vince Wilfork can get an interception that eventually costs me a TD, you know the gods are messing with you.

BET OF THE CENTURY !!!!!!!!

The Packers at 2.40 against the Lions, jump on now because never again will you see such odds.

The bookies must be understimating the whole team just because we lost Riverio and Wahle other than those and that uselss big fat lard Cletidus Hunt we have a similiur side with a better D (if pre season is anything to go buy).

Will be suprised if we lose this week at Detroit, but hey i said the same last year.

tige19 said:
BET OF THE CENTURY !!!!!!!!

The Packers at 2.40 against the Lions, jump on now because never again will you see such odds.

The bookies must be understimating the whole team just because we lost Riverio and Flanagan other than those and that uselss big fat lard Cletidus Hunt we have a similiur side with a better D (if pre season is anything to go buy).

Will be suprised if we lose this week at Detroit, but hey i said the same last year.

Give it a break... do you really want to be responsible for misguiding so many innocent people who will take your word and put there hard earned on this!!!

There are times where your bias crosses the line and this is one, hahahaha.

Before anyones goes for this so called bet of the century consider that Green Bay has NO! defence and they are playing on a quick surface against one of the leagues youngest and most talented sides... which... although not a good team last year, still beat Green Bay I recall.

Don't underestimate the loss of Wahle and Rivera, losing two pro-bowlers at any time is bad news, but to have them both come from your O-line is bad news. Clifton, Tauscher and Flanagan are still solid at centre and the tackles, but you've got big holes either side of them.

Back