NFL 2005 NFL - Week 1

Choice game, who'll win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: NFL Betting - Week One

DonAce said:
The games last night burnt me a bit, but the Bears went damn close. Put a cover bet on Indy today that has made up my losses. $50 up for the weekend, 2 bets won, 2 lost.

Anyone getting on Philly/Atlanta? I think I might stay away from it.

Probably best served to stay away however I am keen on Atlanta. I just think they have a lot in their favour... home field... run game which philadelphia may lack... a really solid defence, as does phili... and also a guy by the name of vick... and maybe a bit of revenge on the agenda?

Re: Week 1 Discussion

DonAce said:
Looks like Javon Walker has done his ACL.

Absolute shame,

Him and Driver were looking pretty dangerous until he went down.

The Pack started off pretty sharp, to be honest.

All in all, we were pretty ******** poor today. Poor decision making on Favre's part cost us, as well as penalties. All 14 of them... 6 of which were on Ahmad Carroll... all 6 resulting in automatic first downs. Favre could've ran one in but elected to throw it instead. Ended up being a botch FG attempt.

First time in the past 78 games we've been held without a TD.

oh and who the hell is Frisman Jackson!!!

Heh... I was thinking the exact same thing...

fuey said:
Absolute shame,

Him and Driver were looking pretty dangerous until he went down.

The Pack started off pretty sharp, to be honest.

All in all, we were pretty ******** poor today. Poor decision making on Favre's part cost us, as well as penalties. All 14 of them... 6 of which were on Ahmad Carroll... all 6 resulting in automatic first downs. Favre could've ran one in but elected to throw it instead. Ended up being a botch FG attempt.

First time in the past 78 games we've been held without a TD.
dont think favre would be allowed to run anymore

carroll was treated a bit rough

camsmith said:
Bad bad day for my Broncos.

I blame the heat lol ;)

0-7 @ Miami. My Steelers had to overcome the Titans (BOGEY TEAM) that takes out our third win in the last 15 !! Great to see we have a MOVER & a SHAKER as a third stringer :D >>>> the BUS & the DUCE COUPE will have wait thier turn.

How about those NINERS ??? 20 minutes of possesion, TWO LOST FUMBLES and they still pull it off for a W !! >>> WOW !!

Next week, Bill Cowher faces the ONLY TEAM he hasn't notched a victory over >>> again, a BOGEY >>> Houston / Texans ??? grhhhhh !!!

AFC North looks interesting

Steelers had a good win over a woeful Titans team. Will be interesting to see if they can keep their form against better teams.

Bengals had a solid win over the Browns. Dilfer didn't do too badly, Carson Palmer played great.

Ravens look in trouble already and were beat badly by the Colts. Defense getting old, offense ineffective, Boller injured and cheered off the field only to be replaced by the even-worse Anthony Wright. Things aren't looking good for them.

danielz_23 said:
[
carroll was treated a bit rough

Why?? Carroll has buily a rep around the league that he is a defender who pushes and pulls on his opponets shirt to stay in the play, everyone is aware of it and he is getting punsihed for his inability to play the game fairly.

I know he was an early pick and he is still young but Sherman needs to do something with him, there has been to mcuh patience shown in the guy, he has so many negatives about his game that its almost not worth him being on the field.

I do think he will be a good player with time but at the moment his not up to it and perhaps a few years college might have helped him develop better than what he has professionaly.

Javon Walkers injury has cruicafied us, he was looking very dangerous with Driver until he went down, and with Ferguson still not showing the talent we know he has our strongest area of the team coudl soon be one of the weakest.

Oh and my wishes go out to Ahman Green after he is hospitalised for a coama bye the end of the season. The poor guy gets no support from the O line and is gonna get creamed time after time, a shame for a guy who has so much talent.

cheers

coasting said:
Ravens look in trouble already and were beat badly by the Colts. Defense getting old, offense ineffective, Boller injured and cheered off the field only to be replaced by the even-worse Anthony Wright. Things aren't looking good for them.

I wouldnt be too concerned about your defence... you've got to respect Manning.. you cant really stop him, only contain him. I think you largely done that but yeah... no offence at all as I expected. Personally I think Wright would be more effective than Boller. He did get a TD at least, haha.

2005 - NFL Week 1

While i'm at school i'll be taping my beloved Falcons take on the Eagles in an absolute classic. Vick vs Mcnabb is obviously the clash to look out for but the battle on the D to stop these two will be as good to watch. With both quarterbacks having great abilities to run and throw the ball, they are two quarterbacks to never underestimate.

Who will win and why?????? I'm tipping the Falcons (biast of course) because the d has what it takes to stop the flow to TO and to stop the run of Mcnabb. I don't know but i think we will win by 3 points in a very evenly match of the ptoential NFC Championship rematch.

Re: Tomorrow's game to be an absolute corker

I'll be interested to see if the Atlanta "D" can perform as well as last season. They'll be the key if the Falcons are to have any chance.

Personally, I reckon the Falcons will get an arse whipping. Actually, I'm hoping they get an arse whipping 'cause I can't stand the Falcons, but I do think Philly have them covered in most areas and can certainly contain Vick.

I'll be watching the game but I'll make sure I have the sound down. ESPN's love affair with Ray Lewis can surely only be outdone by Madden with McNabb, Vick and Owens in a game. I really thought I was going to be sick today. :mad:

I agree Wright looked better than Kyle Boller.

As for my thoughts great to see Peyton back in action the guy is just fantastic to watch. Good to see Brandon Stockly still being fearless after his shoulder seperation.

Eli was ok but not great but having Jeremy Shockey there will make it a lot easier for him.

Overall its great to have the NFL back.

Carson Palmer will be very good this year also looked good and has the running game to help him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brawl during the warmup. :D

Trotter was mouthing off to the Falcons, Mathis came over and took a shot (open hand) to face-mask. After that just the usual grabbing of face-masks.

Both teams then squared up at midfield. Vick ran like he does. :D

Love it.

Who you picking JD? I'm not sure, but I think the Eagles might steal it, going to be a shootout I reckon.

I think the Eagles "D" can stop Atlanta. Trotter is a big loss though.

TO loves a big stage and tonight he's got one. He'll be the difference as I don't think Hall can go with him.

I tend to agree. I think the Philly D can contain Vick, even at home.

Good win by the Saints, nailbiter from the sounds of it! Told you Orton would be okay though, for a rook he did pretty well, only lost the game because we gave up 3 false starts and a sack within FG range - went from 2nd and 13 at the 20 to 3rd and 38.

Always next week! :cool:

Looks like the Eagles have plenty of problems. Even Akers can't land a FG.

Full marks to the Atlanta D though, playing very agressive and seem to have the Eagles covered.

Dunn also playing very well.

As for the Saints, what can I say? It was probably the teams best performance under Haslett. Still one or two errors as usual but it was pleasing to see it didn't derail the team. Brooks could be in for a monster season.

Would have been nice if Fox had stayed with the game when it was 20-20 and :50 seconds on the clock. :mad:

Orton was so-so I guess but it looks like nothing has changed. If the D don't score then the offense can't win a game. I haven't even seen the highlights of this game yet so I'll reserve my judgment until then.

Philly is really struggling.

Westbrook's really labouring, his numbers look okay but apart from the one big run he's having an ordinary one up until half-time. McNabb and TO haven't skipped a beat, but you're right, Akers can't hit anything.

What is surprising me is the defence. I know the Falcons have an explosive (if sometimes misfiring) offence, but the Eagles D is really letting some big plays in so far. Vick is purring, and Dunn is smashing them.

What worries me about the Bears right now is the offensive line. For a unit of high priced veterans, while they protected Orton against the 'Skins D as best as could be expected, they really struggled to open any holes yesterday. I'm losing faith in Thomas Jones, and the sooner Benson gets the top job, the happier i'll be.

On defence i'm pretty happy. They gave up a couple of big plays, but to keep them out of the endzone and to only 9 points is a good effort. One big question mark is the run defence, Portis did whatever he liked in the second half. Most important just seems to be the O chewing up some clock, the D really got tired.

tige19 said:
Javon Walkers injury has cruicafied us, he was looking very dangerous with Driver until he went down, and with Ferguson still not showing the talent we know he has our strongest area of the team coudl soon be one of the weakest.

Oh and my wishes go out to Ahman Green after he is hospitalised for a coama bye the end of the season. The poor guy gets no support from the O line and is gonna get creamed time after time, a shame for a guy who has so much talent.

cheers

Can anyone say BACKFLIP. haha.

Ok... Carroll is crap, i'll settle for that... i was only trying to be nice. I just seen one call and he didnt even touch the guy... thats why I said he was treated rough... one penalty too many perhaps.

I still have a smile after hearing about Javon... couldnt have happened to a more deserving guy (other than T.O). Green Bay was patient with him... he had his break-out year... carried on like a superstar, granted he came back (not sure if he got his contract)... :) Bet he is wishing he just held out.

Obviously it wasnt one of your strengths if an injury to one player turns it into a weakness. I dont think you had that much talent there to start with, just a couple of solid starters. You completed a couple of good plays... I wouldnt say you looked dangerous to any great extent.

Green gets no support for the O-Line.... are you trying to tell me all of a sudden you are turning on your highly respected O-Line after one game. Classic... seems as if the loss of those starters will affect you guys after all!
Yes he does have talent... and the last 3-4 years have shown that, now we pity him after one game, haha. what a shame.

GO THOSE COWBOYS!!!

danielz_23 said:
Can anyone say BACKFLIP. haha.

Green gets no support for the O-Line.... are you trying to tell me all of a sudden you are turning on your highly respected O-Line after one game. Classic... seems as if the loss of those starters will affect you guys after all!
Yes he does have talent... and the last 3-4 years have shown that, now we pity him after one game, haha. what a shame.

GO THOSE COWBOYS!!!

Bit of a backflip huh :eek: .

Tell me this would you be confident with our O Line??? Wahle and Riveria are huge, we are stuffed lol.

Should be OK IF Brett can start getting some support from Mr.Ferguson and Driver steps up to the plate like he has when asked through out his career.

Barnett was solid.

DonAce said:
Kris Jenkins has also blown his knee.
Do you think Sapp will send him a "get well soon" card?
shrug.gif

:D

Back