Draft Review 2010 - Revisit the 2010 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Not bias.

He is a star and should have made the AA squad in my opinion. Does not suffer much in comparison to Cameron and is the second best young key forward in the league. Carried the entire front half for six weeks while the rest of your forward line s**t the bed.

Would have no hesitation taking Lynch number 1 in this draft. He is a beauty.

Was a bit unlucky to come second to Swallow in the BnF IMO.

I also think Polec has shown superstar qualities this season. You see his carry and burst speed but his ability to get through a tackle is rare and promises rapid development of his inside game.

Not bias.

He is a star and should have made the AA squad in my opinion. Does not suffer much in comparison to Cameron and is the second best young key forward in the league. Carried the entire front half for six weeks while the rest of your forward line s**t the bed.

Would have no hesitation taking Lynch number 1 in this draft. He is a beauty.
Yep all of this.

Straight swap for P Ryder, you know you want it

1. Parker (best player, but not much ahead of Libba imo)
2. Liberatore
3. Prestia
4. Heppell
5. B. Smith (gun, not too high at al.. would love at piesl)
6. Swallow (will be top 3 if he can continue to improve)
7. Bennell
8. Gaff (not sure where he is heading, hopefully he can go to the next gear)
9. Hibberd
10. I.Smith (slightly overrated imo, interesting to see where he is in 5 years time)
11. Darling
12. Ately
13. Guthrie (underrated.. in 10 years he will certainly be top 10)
14. Dahlhaus (might drop by the end of his career, hope he continues to improve)
15. Lynch
16. Howe(solid player, maybe bit harsh.. very talented)
17. Day
18. Jenkins
19. Polec (rising)
20. Puopolo

Prestia is not better than Heppell.

Amazing effort by Parker to take out the Swans B&F over quality players like JPK and Buddy.

He's the youngest winner since Micky O in 2008 and in a far stronger team.

Gun.

Heppell and Parker would have to be the best 2 wouldnt they or do i have bias?

They were the best two performed in 2014. But there are a good handful of very good players taken in that draft and it's too early to predict who are going to be the best performed over a longer period of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were the best two performed in 2014. But there are a good handful of very good players taken in that draft and it's too early to predict who are going to be the best performed over a longer period of time.
Heppells been very good for 4 years now, his achievements would suggest so aswell.

Do you say the best player is the best player determine in year 7/8 or the player who has done the most in the 7 or 8 years for their club? interesting one.

I still think Harley Bennell will probably be the best, he has the skill set and the all round game. Maybe except defensive running, although havnt seen enough.

I've got Lynch number one - 46 goals and 120 marks by a 21 year old CHF is fantastic.

Have we entered some weird universe where key forwards are meant to have peaked by their 4th year?

He's a monster and I'd be taking him over any mids from that draft.
Sorry i thought you meant number one for what hes done so far which is why you used the goals and marks this year and his age.

Not what you think hes going to do, completely different. With that in mind, wouldnt be far off agreeing.

I've got Lynch number one - 46 goals and 120 marks by a 21 year old CHF is fantastic.

So jack darling. 2012 53 goals, 131 marks in his second year?

Bit hard when you're second or in reality third banana as a forward line target with kennedy and lecras there.

Funny watching people in this thread jump on the latest hyped up player. If you get all the recruiters back together the number 1 pick would still be the same.

Bit hard when you're second or in reality third banana as a forward line target with kennedy and lecras there.

Funny watching people in this thread jump on the latest hyped up player. If you get all the recruiters back together the number 1 pick would still be the same.

I guarantee Parker wouldn't fall to pick 40.

Heppells been very good for 4 years now, his achievements would suggest so aswell.

Do you say the best player is the best player determine in year 7/8 or the player who has done the most in the 7 or 8 years for their club? interesting one.

I still think Harley Bennell will probably be the best, he has the skill set and the all round game. Maybe except defensive running, although havnt seen enough.

In most years it is impossible to say definitively who was the best player. Some are ultra consistent over a long career, some prove to be matchwinners, some might have a brilliant season here or there, but not necessarily have longevity. Which is most valuable?

It's even funnier watching a supporter get angry because their player wasn't ranked by someone.

Darling is excellent, but he is more of a medium forward. Lynch has got 8cm on him. Regardless, I'm ranking on who I would take today, not who has done the most in four years.

In most years it is impossible to say definitively who was the best player. Some are ultra consistent over a long career, some prove to be matchwinners, some might have a brilliant season here or there, but not necessarily have longevity. Which is most valuable?
I think the most valuable is the one that gives most to his club. Ie from the very get go. Thats what their drafted for. Not necessarily who will be the best in year 10

I think the most valuable is the one that gives most to his club. Ie from the very get go. Thats what their drafted for. Not necessarily who will be the best in year 10

We can agree to disagree. Very few clubs draft the player they think most likely to contribute from the start. Particularly in the earlier rounds, they draft the players they think are likely to contribute the best during their peak years. Otherwise, it is highly unlikely anyone over around 192cm would ever get drafted.

In later rounds of the draft clubs might target players who are more ready made, but their upside is likely to be less - if they were ready to play immediately and their upper limit was high, by definition they wouldn't be late picks.

Some young players do come in and make an immediate impact but I suggest that is a bonus, not what clubs are expecting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back