Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
292979_441595202548395_1864513754_n.jpg

Storm: 1. Billy Slater 2. Sisa Waqa 3. Dane Nielsen 4. Will Chambers 5. Justin O’Neill 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Sika Manu 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Ryan Hinchcliffe. Interchange: 14. Todd Lowrie 15. Jason Ryles 16. Jaiman Lowe 17. Kevin Proctor 18. Rory Kostjasyn 19. Mahe Fonua 20. Richie Fa’aoso (three to be omitted).

Sea Eagles: 1. Brett Stewart 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Jamie Lyon 4. Steve Matai 5. Dean Whare 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Jason King 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Tony Williams 13. Glenn Stewart. Interchange: 14. Jamie Buhrer 15. Joe Galuvao 16. Darcy Lussick 17. Vic Mauro 18. George Rose (one to be omitted).

Referees: Matt Cecchin and Tony Archer; Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Russell Turner; Video Referees: Russell Smith and Sean Hampstead

377882_441590239215558_1464266976_n.jpg

Bulldogs: 1. Ben Barba 2. Sam Perrett 3. Josh Morris 4. Krisnan Inu 5. Jonathan Wright 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Kris Keating 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Ennis 10. Sam Kasiano 11. Frank Pritchard 12. Josh Jackson 13. Greg Eastwood. Interchange: 14. James Graham 15. Dale Finucane 16. Corey Payne 17. David Stagg 19. Dene Halatau (one to be omitted).

Rabbitohs: 1. Greg Inglis 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Chris McQueen 4. Dylan Farrell 5. Andrew Everingham 6. John Sutton 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Luke Burgess 9. Issac Luke 10. Roy Asotasi 11. Sam Burgess 12. Dave Taylor 13. Michael Crocker. Interchange: 14. Nathan Peats 15. Dave Tyrrell 16. Eddy Pettybourne 17. Ben Lowe 18. Justin Hunt 19. Jason Clark (two to be omitted).

Referees: Shayne Hayne and Ben Cummins; Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and Luke Potter; Video Referees: Chris Ward and Bernard Sutton

Don't like any of the teams left, but am more interested in predictions on the Bunnies/Dogs crowd. Dogs/Parra got 75,000 in 2009, but as mentioned in the NRL v AFL ticket prices thread on the main board, the Parra bandwagon was unbelievable given the momentum they had built up by that stage. I reckon 65,000 will be given a nudge on Saturday.

Storm - the Brookvale boys haven't impressed in their recent outings. Still think it'll be close but if Melbourne can perform as well as they did against Souths they should come away with the win.
Bulldogs - they are a cut above the Rabbitohs and will bring that particular bandwagon to a grinding halt. Deserve to win the premiership, but hopefully will lose to Melbourne in the GF :D

I think Manly will upset the Storm. Manly by 6

If they were coming up against any other team I would love to see the Bunnies get into a grand final, especially for my best mate who has been a mad Souths fan for over 30 years. However they are playing my doggies so sorry but maybe next year Rabbitohs. Canterbury by 13

I think it's really hard to call. Both the Dogs and the Bunnies have looked well off their best in recent games, which I'm sure will give comfort to Manly and Storm fans. I'd marginally prefer the Dogs (largely for James Graham, even though I'm a Wigan fan), but I think I fancy the Bunnies and GI to sneak it.

Storm - This should be a great match both sides have massive amounts of finals experience and experience in winning big matches at this time of year. Going with Storm at home. the Seaeagles have had a bruising couple of weeks and this could tell in the final 20min.

Just hoping there is no talk of video ref decisions (although will add Manly were the better side last week)

Bulldogs - They've been the best side since the midway point of the season and deserve to be heavy favourites. The Rabbitohs have been entertaining throughout the year but have also had lapses in a lot of games allowing opposition to score easy tries and this will hurt them again.

There is though part of me which would love to see Rabbitohs on the big stage but can't see it happening this year. Also want to see the AFL reaction when there is a bigger crowd Saturday night to Friday night.

My parents have bought GF tickets already and my Dad is a massive South’s fan and my Mum a storm fan so I am hoping for their sake they can both get up.

I thik Storm will win. I think Souths are capable but on this years form I gues tip the Bulldogs. Hope the Bulldogs get smashed though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see the ratings dropped nearly 200k on last years figure due to coverage being on Gem.
It was up against Syd v Coll. Storm v Warriors last year wasn't in direct competition with any AFL final.

I feel dirty for saying this but...

I want the Bulldogs to win the Grand Final next week.

Haha, yes, just chatting to a mate of mine who is a doggies supporter and said exactly the same thing. They will be hard to beat I think. Great crowd there tonight - no idea where the empty seats were.

Biggest crowd of all the NRL/AFL preliminary finals, not bad.

Match ruined a bit by Reynold injury. Souths also gifted two points by a soft as butter blocking penalty, but that was more than evened up by the bullshit penalties on Burgess in the lead up to half time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back