2012 Player X v Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player X v Player Y

Ablett is undervalued. Get him.

Lake or Conca??? Can't split them.

probably lake.
dont forget, 12 months ago brian lake was the highest averaging back in the league. he's out of touch now but even at 80% of his capacity he'd still be a better punt than conca at this stage of their careers.

conca will be a gun, but he's still a little green to be able to reply on for good consistant scores.

Golby + Saad vs Porplyzia + Morris?

I really can't split them.

I like Golby because of his uniqueness and potential but am worried about his JS when Drummond and Doscherty start pushing for selection? Is he guaranteed to average atleast 75? Saad looks a decent pick but will he score better than Morris?

Porps is injury prone, however ironically I think he's a safer choice than Golby as you know he'll give you a solid 65+ minimum. However I do think that if Golby performs as I hope he will, Golby is a better scoring defender than Porps is a forward.

So all in all it's a toss up between risk and reward. Thoughts?

I would take the porps and morris.
Why?

Porps (in my opinion) has more potential than golby, purely because I think the crows are going to have a great year and he is guaranteed games, provided he doesn't break down. I also rate Morris higher than Saad, who I don't expect to play all 22 or score that highly.

This one has been doing my head in.

Ballantyne OR Dangerield OR Kane Lucas (and $$$$)

I will have 2 of the 3 and at the moment I have Balla and Dangerfield...but I can't help but get the feeling that Lucas is up for a massive season. I also don't have porplyzia at the moment, so downgrading Balla or Danger would give me the coin to turn 1 of my fwd rookies into the porps.

Decisions decisions!

Would you guys trade out Clarke for Smedts if that meant upgrading Andrew Swallow to Joel Selwood?

My backline is Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Broughton, Hargrave, Ellis and Morris with Bugg and Smedts on the bench, not having Clarke would just free up some more money, would you guys do that?

Selwood would be my fourth mid by the way

The only reason im picking Clay Smith is because not picking Libba killed me last year. Very similar players.

I personally dont see a spot in the side for him when fully fit with Gilbee, Griffen, Morris, Tutt all returning.

How many hard nosed unskillful mids can you have in one team

Boyd, Cross, Wallis, Libba, Griffen (skilled), Cooney (skilled), Picken than C.Smith? dont see the room for him in that team.

He sits at 20-22 going into round 1.

Can't go wrong with either really.....

I would go Pendles and Rocky though. Rocky gets more of the ball than Redden

Morris or Ellis for last Defensive spot on ground?

Yeah but Redden tackles more and Rocky is expected to get more attention this year.

Either option is a good one, go with which one you prefer.

Tough one. Not sold on Smedts JS but Selwood is a good upgrade. If Smedts was named then i would say it's a good move but you don't want a player on your bench not playing for a large amount of time.

My dilemma, Goddard + Dickson/Hall/Kerridge or Clarke + Zaharakis/Sidebottom/Robinson

Backs currently:
Goddard - Broughton - Deledio - Waters - Hargrave - Guthrie - Ellis
Morris - Bugg

Forwards currently:
Franklin - Goodes - Martin - Fyfe - Porplizia - Smith - Kennedy
Hall - Dickson

(have a loaded up midfield)

The way i see it is Clarke is a better pick than Hall/Dickson/Kerridge but Goddard to one of the 3 i mentioned is slightly worrying. Anyone got any thoughts?

Would you guys trade out Clarke for Smedts if that meant upgrading Andrew Swallow to Joel Selwood?

My backline is Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Broughton, Hargrave, Ellis and Morris with Bugg and Smedts on the bench, not having Clarke would just free up some more money, would you guys do that?

Selwood would be my fourth mid by the way

very tough one byron.
talking about 22 players from the top 2 clubs with shaky JS.
would have to lean towards clarke there.

also depends if you are planning on that player becoming a keeper or not or just a quick cash cow.

its hard to know how collingwood will handle clarke being back.

if he lines up on the field and smedts does it, then i think its a worthwhile advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This one is killing me
Josh Hill (276,600) Vs Sam Kerridge (98,700)

West Coast is light on forwards so Hill looks like the go-to guy up forward. Kerridge looks very impressive and is very cheap but Crows already have a star studded midfield. Which is the better option?

Are you kidding me? Redden is a must have. As long as he's not injured, he will play all 22 games.

But i will give Smedts a miss though.

Ok thanks. I read a few Port fans say they didn't think Redden was assured a spot once Lobbe came back.

Again same question:

Maric, Stephensen vs Hargrave, Smedts

No difference?

Named on what? Just remembered the Footy Show was probably on tonight. Was it one of those extremely extended benches they name for split rounds?

Yep really big bench for coaches to pull suprises from. Redden as int and Renouf in the ruck. Unless it was just a standard list they had lying around, because it doesn't matter until tomorrow/Fri anyway from an official stand point.

Yep really big bench for coaches to pull suprises from. Redden as int and Renouf in the ruck. Unless it was just a standard list they had lying around, because it doesn't matter until tomorrow/Fri anyway from an official stand point.

Oh ok, that's not too worrying then. They often named ~25-30 man squads just because they have no idea without the teams named.

Steve Johnson or Paul Chapman? (Or Pavlich, Robinson, Zaharakis, Lewis etc)

Also opted for Redden over other star mids like Rockliff, Mitchell etc. Shouldn't be too much difference between them I would have thought?

Hey guys
Having a last minute shuffle (when will I learn)
Please help me out with what you think is the better option

1) M Golby, J Selwood, D Pheiffer
2) Marty Clarke, Lenny Hayes, Dangerfield +50k

Both would work with my structure
Cheeeeeeeeeers for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back