2012 Player X v Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player X v Player Y

^^ i'd go option 2

This is it .. I'm down to my final decision ..

Hargrave "vs" Golby ... such a coin toss

Have Golby at the moment just for uniqueness .. will it pay off? .. I dunno .. headache!!

I think Hargrave only because you know what you will get but agree its a line ball call. Golby will be a good unique though no doubt and has decent JS I think.

I am considering Morris V K Hunt because I don't want 3 Richmond defenders in my back line and I am not sure Morris will get much of the ball.

Hunt is more expensive but will be unique and should get guranteed JS, and spend time in the midfield. I realise he may not even go up in price and its a big risk!

Definitely Morris > campaigner

Gray + Porp OR Danger + Winderlich ???

5th & 6th fwd positions...

Thanks...

Leuenberger v Jacobs? I think Leuenberger has a much higher ceiling and he'd been in my team since the start, but a poor pre-season, reports of an injury and uncertainty over his role with Clark gone, Lisle/Longer/Hudson in and J. Brown effectively a new recruit have scared me off. Leuenberger could average anywhere between 80-100, whereas I see Jacobs with Maric and Moran gone and Adelaide's piss easy draw as being a lock for 90-95. Plus he's 25k or so cheaper.

Pretty hard to split them

Boyd's had a great pre season and was awesome last year.

Dogs may be on the slide this year although he'll still get heaps of it no matter what

Murphy is just a gun and will continue to rack them up as Carlton press for top 4.

I've left Boyd out as I want to trade him in round 12 after he's had his bye in round 11 to balance out a few other 0's. Might be hard not having him for 10 rounds beforehand though!

Need some help splitting these up.

Cox and Cripps Vs Kruezer and Dangerfield??

CoX still the best of the rucks but Kruezer on the rise...how much of a gap though?

Dangerfield has had a solid preseason and crows have a very easy first few rounds. Cripps playing off HB for the Saints hopefully means he gets a bit of it like Saints defenders in the past.

Cheers

Cox and Cripps for me.

Dangerfield has not yet proven himself in a H&A season - neither has Cripps but in my mind he has a greater scope for improvement.

Cox seems to be coming into the season injury free for the first time in a while. You can bank on his 100.

On the other hand The crows has a good draw.

Dempsey v Golby
N. Riewoldt v Sidebottom

Cox was injury free last year. He had such a strong pre-season that every man and his dog snapped him up.

That being said, as time goes by he will be a resting forward more and more often while Naitanui continues his development.

I'd opt for Kreuzer + Dangerfield if it were up to me and I think both will have breakout years.

Just wondering which would be a better cash option, Lucas or porps:

Lucas + Danger OR Danger + Porps?

Cox and Cripps for me.

Dangerfield has not yet proven himself in a H&A season - neither has Cripps but in my mind he has a greater scope for improvement.

Cox seems to be coming into the season injury free for the first time in a while. You can bank on his 100.

On the other hand The crows has a good draw.

Dempsey v Golby
N. Riewoldt v Sidebottom

I would take Golby and Sidebottom.

Although personally not sold on Golby and would take a rookie instead and then could either keep cash or use elsewhere.

Sidebottom for sure over NRoo, Roo is regularly battling 2 and 3 defenders and not picking up the marks he used to.

For Me

2 out of

Hall v Pfieffer v Couch

Assuming I have all 3 to pick from when teams announced who will be the 2 best scorers.

EDIT: Scratch this I made the decision myself :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was gonna say hall and couch, spider! what did you end up with?

how about Jobe Watson vs Matt Priddis...how is Jobe's hammy?

I think Jobe will be a great pick if he stays healthy but as a West Coast fan Priddis can bump his scores with tackles.

Priddis is a safe bet for 20+ games I would say.

I ended up taking all 3 at this stage and dropping a premium forward to get rid of Wilkes for a premium back.

Makes my forward line a bit thin but honestly there are only 3 premium forwards I really like. Add Danger and then I start 3 rookies there but only 1 in the back line.

Thanks Spider, it's a tough choice and i would rather Priddis but i've gone Watson just so i can upgrade Paine to Marty Clarke, think it's more beneficial overall. I have also got 3 rookies forwards, but essentially it came down to Stevie J and Paine with 2 fwd rookies vs Jobe Watson and M. Clarke with 3 forward rookies.

Question 1:
Three of: Duffield, Waters, Golby, Lake, Hargrave.

Question 2:
Krezuer, Montagna and FWD rookie

OR

Orren, Murphy and Porplyzia

1. Waters, Lake, Hargrave
2. Option 2

-----------------------

Sidebottom or Dangerfield and why?

I personally have both Sidebottom and Dangerfield, but if you have to pick one, I'd go Dangerfield. Cheaper, and I reckon he could come close to Sidebottom's average (~90) this year.

Why for mine?

1. Waters, Lake & Hargrave are proven high scorers. I don't like to take chances.
Kruezer = ~70
Monty = ~ 95
FWD Rookie = ~ 50
Total = ~ 215

OS = ~ 55
Murphy = ~ 110
Porps = ~ 75
Total = 240

I would think Orren would have more game time than Longer, but would depend on how the Lions use Longer and L'Berger - will Longer be named as a sub and replace L'Berger part way through the game, or will they go down the Cox and NicNat path and have them rotate through the forward line.

A.Hall or T.Dickson for a forward bench spot?

Having said all that ... Longer's been named as an Emergency by the Lions while Orren is named to go up against Sandilands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back