NRL 2012 - Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tugga asked me earlier about Slater's tackle, and we saw an extremely similar one today from Ryan in the Tigers game.

What are peoples opinions on the tackles? IMO, any penalty for each should be the same. Though (& can be confirmed by Tugga that I'm not just saying this post-Ryan's effort) admittedly I wasn't too fazed by Slater's one. Didn't think it deserved too harsh a penalty.

reason i raise it, is whilst it doesn't happen often, I am in complete agreeance with SF here on Tahu.

What Tahu did was cynical, it looked bad, was dirty, but was soft as butter. He barely touched him.

Slater & Ryan on the other hand, risked potentially serious injury with what can only be classed as poorly timed, unfortunate accidents.

So does Tahu get a bigger penalty because what he did was deliberate and "Looked bad" ? When it had zero chance of causing injury. Whereas we give a lighter penalty to the two guys who whilst it was accidental, were involved in incidents that could have done mucb greater harm?

I don't think Beau Ryan has too much to worry about.
I also liked the fact he put up his hand immediately. It diffused the situation and made sure that no Sharks players remonstrated. Was classy stuff.
Maybe RYan and Slater will get a week each???? Not sure.

no the toughest sport in the world comment. sorry that is a fair stretch

I mean't "the toughest football code in the world".

reason i raise it, is whilst it doesn't happen often, I am in complete agreeance with SF here on Tahu.

What Tahu did was cynical, it looked bad, was dirty, but was soft as butter. He barely touched him.

Slater & Ryan on the other hand, risked potentially serious injury with what can only be classed as poorly timed, unfortunate accidents.

So does Tahu get a bigger penalty because what he did was deliberate and "Looked bad" ? When it had zero chance of causing injury. Whereas we give a lighter penalty to the two guys who whilst it was accidental, were involved in incidents that could have done mucb greater harm?

A player who commits a deliberate act should receive a higher penalty then one who commits a accident - not taking into account docking/carry over points and going by the player who has been the victim has been hurt/injured to the same length.

For comparitive incidents, sure. Agree there. A deliberate knee v accidental. Harsher penalty for the former.

But if someone deliberately does something of little harm, v someone who accidentally does something that can cause great harm - Where is the justification in a harsher penalty?

What Tahu did had no chance of causing injury, Slater and Beau could have broken jaws.

They are kidding themselves if Tahu gets a harser penalty, simply for being a ********, then the other two.

It was the incorrect call but I'll stop short from calling it a disgrace. I don't think it handed the Tigers the match.

It is, a top level referee should know the rules

As for not handing them the match, really? Its golden point, we would have had a scrum 10m out to score something and instead they get a penalty and score off that set, yeah it handed them the match

This the double movement where the shirescum had come to a stop and rolled his arm, which had touched the ground, over his body to promote the ball?

Yeah, ripped off bigtime :rolleyes:

End of the day, it's the done thing to sook about the refs when beaten by the Tigers.

May we see many more weekends of bitching from losers to come :)

Like I said, going on the radio commentary.

Anyway, Tigers lost the important game yesterday afternoon ;)

Human error occurs in all sports by top level referees, umpires and officials. The Sharks should be annoyed the penalty went against them however none-more-so than a offside ruling that went against them mid way through the match.

As for not handing them the match, really? Its golden point, we would have had a scrum 10m out to score something and instead they get a penalty and score off that set, yeah it handed them the match

Sharks could of had the scrum and dropped the ball straight away, the Sharks could of rallied in defense and stopped the Tigers from progressing the ball further down the field. This was not a penalty 10 out in front of the sticks.

Skimming through to avoid results on the other matches, but I'd just like to say, what a game between the Warriors and Manly! Shaun Johnson really is some talent. If only Manu hadn't dropped some of the easier passes, having taken that low one from Johnson so well. And it looks like they have produced another young talent at centre, too. Clearly the Warriors will again be a force to be reckoned with this season. Cracking crowd at Eden Park too.

Such as the advantage rule? Pretty sure they teach em what a forward pass is in training too.

But you will ignore these incidents because it doesn't suit the bitch fest.

Cronulla lost, accept it. One would certainly think you'd be used to it....

eddiesmith;23498534As for not handing them the match said:
You couldn't kick a field goal from 15 or so out, with the defensive line in disarray, there is nothing to suggest the trophy deficient club would have done any different from a scrum.

You also had 5 tackles to keep us out of field goal range, you failed.

Tigers winners, the welfare club... losers.

Safe to post the Warriors Eagles score now. 26-20 in a real ripper. In the end we made far too many mistakes. Manu was bad and good, but that's him and Hurrell showed he will be a star.

Johnson, wow what a try. Manly's 2nd was a beauty too. Locke made some vital mistakes, but he'll more than repay that though the year.

Very good round so far.

Thanks for not posting early for the dopey people amongst us. :eek:

I obviously enjoyed the result, but was a good game for sure - the Warriors will definitely be up and amongst it this year again. Was a great crowd at the game too - certainly very vocal.

Agree that it's been a good round of footy so far.

[youtube]Bmt1z50ubXw[/youtube]

^ How is that illegal?

I want Pritchard to get down onto the ground to throw a few punches so the ref could call the TKO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ How is that illegal?

I want Pritchard to get down onto the ground to throw a few punches so the ref could call the TKO

He shouldered him in the head. That's illegal.

It was a great hit, too bad that Simmons is shorter than Pritchard and chopped it in the head. It's something our game has over other games. But contact in the head is not allowed.

On that note, Timana Tahu, Frank Pritchard and Dayne Weston have all be charged with grade 1 charges for different reasons. Logic has prevailed and Tahu is facing a 1 match ban. Pritchard is also facing a one match ban while Weston will be free to play in round 2 - assuming that everyone takes the early guilty plea.

^ How is that illegal?

It was a great hit! love the way this bloke attacks the man with his shoulder charges.

I think the Dogs are going places in the not to distant future. Solid forward pack with the addition of Graham, and a decent halves combination in which i like the look of Reynolds. Add to that in 2013 the Stewart brothers and Foran and the Dogs are going to be a formidable team.

This year i think the top 4 is realistic under Hasler.

I watched most (but not all) of the Dogs game (dead PC ment I was reduced to watching it on my phone!), intersting to see how james Graham went, and i thought he was pretty good. He is a top prop and will be a great acquisition for them, I think.

I watched most (but not all) of the Dogs game (dead PC ment I was reduced to watching it on my phone!), intersting to see how james Graham went, and i thought he was pretty good. He is a top prop and will be a great acquisition for them, I think.

His fitness base is first class although he didn't come on until about 10 minutes into the game he still ended up with 51 tackles and over 100 metres gained.
He is a machine and is definately the best prop in the world when you include his workrate, ability to offload and his awareness of players around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back