Mega Thread 2013 FREE AGENCY discussion thread - Cross joins Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year's version of this thread became quite sizeable so it is good to keep this mode of discussion in the one place also.

We'll keep this thread open until delisted free agency period (3) ends in December.

AFL Links

Contracts and free agency

Retirements and delistings

Latest Trade Winds

Key draft and free agency dates

Friday 4 October - Gillette AFL restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period begins.

Friday 18 October at 5pm - close of Gillette AFL restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period.[/COLLAR]

Monday 21 October - Gillette AFL restricted free agency matching offer three-day period Ends

Friday 1 November - Gillette AFL delisted player free agency period (1) begins.

Wednesday 13 November - Gillette AFL delisted player free agency period (1) closes;

Friday 22 November - Gillette AFL delisted player free agency period (2) begins.

Wednesday 27 November by 2pm - Gillette AFL delisted free agency period (2) ends.

Friday 29 November - Gillette AFL delisted player free agency period (3) begins.

Tuesday 3 December - Gillette AFL delisted free agency period (3) ends.

Delisted Free Agents

Adelaide:

Brisbane:

Carlton: Laidler

Collingwood: Didak, Jolly, Krakouer, Russell

Essendon: Davis

Fremantle:

Geelong:

Gold Coast: Gillbee, Horsley, Patrick, Weller, Wilkinson

GWS: O'hAilpin, Thornton, Ugle

Hawthorn:

North Melbourne: Richardson, Speight

Port Adelaide: Blee, Salter, Stewart, Thomas

Richmond:

St. Kilda: Ledger, Lever

Sydney:

West Coast:

Western Bulldogs: Cross, Lower, Markovic, Veszpremi

The current state of play of 2013 Free Agents across the AFL …

ADELAIDE
Jason Porplyzia (unrestricted)
Ben Rutten (unrestricted)
Scott Thompson (restricted)

BRISBANE LIONS
Simon Black (unrestricted)
Jonathan Brown (unrestricted)

Carlton
Eddie Betts (restricted)
Heath Scotland (unrestricted)

COLLINGWOOD
Alan Didak (unrestricted)
Nick Maxwell (restricted)
Dale Thomas (restricted)

ESSENDON
Free agents:
Dustin Fletcher (unrestricted)
Jason Winderlich (unrestricted)

FREMANTLE

GEELONG
Paul Chapman (unrestricted)
Joel Corey (unrestricted)
Corey Enright (unrestricted)
Josh Hunt (unrestricted)
Mathew Stokes (unrestricted)

HAWTHORN
Max Bailey (unrestricted)
Xavier Ellis (unrestricted)
Lance Franklin (restricted
Brent Guerra (unrestricted)
Michael Osborne (unrestricted)

MELBOURNE
Colin Sylvia (unrestricted)

NORTH MELBOURNE
Michael Firrito (unrestricted)
Brent Harvey (unrestricted)

PORT ADELAIDE
Kane Cornes (restricted)
Tom Logan (unrestricted)
Matt Thomas (unrestricted)

RICHMOND
Daniel Jackson (unrestricted)
Luke McGuane (unrestricted)
Matthew White (unrestricted)

ST KILDA
Nick Dal Santo (restricted)
Lenny Hayes (unrestricted)

SYDNEY SWANS

WEST COAST
Dean Cox (unrestricted)
Darren Glass (unrestricted)

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Dylan Addison (unrestricted)
Adam Cooney (restricted)
Daniel Giansiracusa (unrestricted)
Dale Morris (restricted)

I can't see too many realistic options

I'm pretty keen on looking to get Daniel Cross and Dale Thomas, both will boost our teams performance rapidly.

I think the club will be a bit gun shy this off season when it comes to fringe/mature players from opposition clubs. Though, I reckon he is completely different but just my guy feeling on how the club will act.

1 year contract? I can't see anyone else but GWS being interested and I take it you wouldn't want to move interstate this late in your career.

we will be exploring every avenue for decent mids this off season, it costs us nothing to pick up Cross and he will definitely add something to our midfield. The dogs midfield is actually really quite good, especially in terms of inside players, so its no blight on his record if he's not getting a game with them, especially considering that their selection is geared towards youth. will add a lot, and cost us a list spot. I'd be stunned if we didn't go after him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would probably be our 3rd best mid, his body has held up - give him a one year deal to start with probably.

This guy was pretty much an elite player for a couple of years.

I think the club will be a bit gun shy this off season when it comes to fringe/mature players from opposition clubs. Though, I reckon he is completely different but just my guy feeling on how the club will act.

1 year contract? I can't see anyone else but GWS being interested and I take it you wouldn't want to move interstate this late in your career.

Nah, we'll have different people in charge this time who have their own ideas on who is a decent player. Don't think we can afford to be meek this time around - need to aggressively chase decent players and hope a few good deals pop up. Byrnes was always a mickey mouse signing and Rodan is just about cactus.

I think Cross and GWS will be a good fit. A bit of graft and experience to complement all the silky skilled kids they have floating about, and he could probably get a 2 year deal out of them straight off the bat.

Give Cross 2 years, put him in the guts. Suddenly there are 3 extractors that opponents have to worry about with Jones and Viney.

I think picking up cross is a great idea, could use some experience, just for a couple of years. I think it's important to keep experienced players in your team. I remember Melbourne got rid of an experienced bloke and it hurt the club badly. I hope for bulldogs sake they aren't getting caught in the youth trap.

Just a reminder that delisted players become delisted free agents if they wish to continue their AFL careers - so feel free to discuss them here.

Any new delistings, feel free to post here and I'll update the OP. Obviously most of these players are cooked but there may be a diamond in the rough for us. Neeldy would probably fap over this delisted list but that's another story.

Just on Essendon: Essendon don't expect to lose players

I'll edit the main FA list as well (2nd post) to take out the retired players.

Just a reminder that delisted players become delisted free agents if they wish to continue their AFL careers - so feel free to discuss them here.

Any new delistings, feel free to post here and I'll update the OP. Obviously most of these players are cooked but there may be a diamond in the rough for us. Neeldy would probably fap over this delisted list but that's another story.

Just on Essendon: Essendon don't expect to lose players

I'll edit the main FA list as well (2nd post) to take out the retired players.
the essendon one interests me... Very odd for AFL to say that if not true

If say yes if we didn't already have Byrnes

Chappy is a champion, who played good midfield footy this year - Byrnes not so.

Personally I'd be happy to grab Chapman, feel he'll go to a top 8 club though.

Chappy is a champion, who played good midfield footy this year - Byrnes not so.

Personally I'd be happy to grab Chapman, feel he'll go to a top 8 club though.

He would be a great mentor for kent and tapscott no doubt , just worry that he can only spend half a game in the middle now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back