2013 PSD and Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

All this Jolly stuff because hes a local...i am sure if he came from Melbourne his name would have never been mentioned.
I would go both Garlett and Jurrah just to keep the cops busy:p
P,S Power Raids comment above is a ripper:thumbsu:

3 rucks are enough especially if 2 of them are in the seconds most of the year. What we dont have is anyone with line breaking pace Jetta style.

very few do. But i do agree that we are a slow team

that said, Geelong were never a quick team and were still succesful. Hinkley is probably going down that path

1 PSD and 2 rookie.

Chris McDermott thinks we will invite Norwood midfielder Jaryd Cachia out to train for a spot on the list.

link

After thinking about our small defender situation, I've changed my mind. Colquhoun in the PSD, Sumner or Garlett with rookie pick 1 and Jurrah with rookie pick 2. Apologies to Hayden Jolly, who I'd much rather have on the list than Logan/D. Stewart/Salter/Brettbert/Thomas/Cassisi/Danny Butcher.

Agree with that except I'd keep Danny Butcher (on the RL) & Thomas.

We should really bite the bullet and delist Daniel Stewart & wear the salary hit (although I do reckon he'd be a shot at another clubs Rookie List, which would save us a few dollars).

I'd take Sumner, Garlett, Jolly & Jurrah

Having watched Colquhoun's clips I have doubts about him transferring that game to the AFL.

We have the opportunity to potentially get a guy who could be a good player for the Power for the next decade, it's not worth blowing that on a depth ruckman in a rebuilding year.

1. How many 10 year players do you get out of the PSD or rookie draft? I'd say you have about a 2 or 3 in 80 chance.

2. What happens if that ruckman becomes a 5 to 8 year player?? Ruckman mature late in life. Rebuilding doesn't mean you only have to have 18 to 22 year old kids on the list.

We have no one from the 2001, 2003 or 2004 draft left on the list and Ebert being the the only one from the 2002 draft. One extra older mature body in the 25-28 age group isn't going to harm any rebuilding process.

I dunno if someone has the stats on it but I would think that chances are there just as many successful players drafted in the psd/rookie drafts than are taken from picks 30+... I like the fact that we wanted to keep that one pick and get a few players to come train and have another look at who might have slid. Better idea than just picking up a random late pick.

Could only get another ruckman if we got rid of D Stewart he is 200cm just like Lobbe and Renouf. What is the difference between a 200cm forward and a 200cm ruckman? Answer its your head.

Recruiting problematic players like Garlett and Jurrah is always a gamble Port's culture over the last 5 years has been abysmal with poor leadership both on and off the field allowing the rot to ferment and set in and completely destroy this club to a point where outside efforts have been the only course to stabilize this once proud club. Ken Hinckley imo is the man, if he is true to what i have heard he wont allow the recruitment of garbage into this club which should mean that there will be little chance of these two making it onto our list unless some major miracle reforms these bad boys!
Who here would want to import trouble to this club i certainly dont we need good footballers with good character to take us ahead!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno if someone has the stats on it but I would think that chances are there just as many successful players drafted in the psd/rookie drafts than are taken from picks 30+... I like the fact that we wanted to keep that one pick and get a few players to come train and have another look at who might have slid. Better idea than just picking up a random late pick.

But sammy c is as much of a late random pick as the other draftees.

I hope we PSD. Sammy c, and rookie jolly and jurrah

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/15454431/bombers-give-garlett-draft-hope/

Speaking before the draft, Garlett said a picture of him relaxing with a drink and a cigarette was taken several months before it was posted on Instagram on September 4, not days before he played for Swan Districts in a WAFL second semifinal against Claremont.
"At the start of the year I had some ups and downs but the past few months I think I have been doing well," he said. "I reckon I am pretty ready to play AFL footy. I would be happy to go interstate - away from all the drama of my mates in Perth."
Garlett's family rallied around him at the club before the draft in a show of solidarity.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/15454431/bombers-give-garlett-draft-hope/

Recruiting problematic players like Garlett and Jurrah is always a gamble Port's culture over the last 5 years has been abysmal with poor leadership both on and off the field allowing the rot to ferment and set in and completely destroy this club to a point where outside efforts have been the only course to stabilize this once proud club. Ken Hinckley imo is the man, if he is true to what i have heard he wont allow the recruitment of garbage into this club which should mean that there will be little chance of these two making it onto our list unless some major miracle reforms these bad boys!
Who here would want to import trouble to this club i certainly dont we need good footballers with good character to take us ahead!
dude if they had phone cams and facebook of me when i was a kid you wouldnt think i was suitable for any job of responsiblilty and wouldnt amount to much..but im nothing like that now..if he can play back ourselves to imprint the kenny attitude on him.

For mine I would go for both Garlett and Jurrah. We need to rebuild fast and sometimes one just has to take a punt and aim high.

We are as well placed as any club to help both of these lads settle in and become steady contributors.

Prismall. Injury prone and wasn't required at two clubs so far. I'd much prefer Jolly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back