2014 AFL Hall of Fame inductees

Remove this Banner Ad

How many of those 74 were little cherry-picking cheapies out the back of the pack?
632.gif

I've just phoned the rules committee for comment and their official position is that when you kick a cherry-picking cheapies out the back of the pack, you are still awarded the full 6 points.

He's a small forward. Getting himself into the right place at the right time to score goals is pretty much his entire job description.

Hence why I didn't pass judgement, just asked the question. I'll respond to you because all the Bulldog supporters who replied were way too precious and pussyhurt to be objective.

2004 Treadrea 15.6 disposals 7.7 marks 3.2 goals .68 brownlow votes

2004 riewoldt 17.3 disposals 10.2 marks 2.7 goals .77 brownlow votes

You could argue it either way. I'd say riewoldt had a better year but whichever way you argue there wasn't a whole lot in it.
Yeah stats makes the player... we all know Riewoldt and the Saints were under the roof bullies.

Put them out in the elements and they struggled.

Tredrea captained his team to the Premiership and was the sole fwd target. Riewoldt played alongside a guy who kicked 100 goals.

Yeah stats makes the player... we all know Riewoldt and the Saints were under the roof bullies.

Put them out in the elements and they struggled.

Tredrea captained his team to the Premiership and was the sole fwd target. Riewoldt played alongside a guy who kicked 100 goals.

I agree stats don't tell everything but I am biased towards st kilda, you are biased towards port Adelaide, the stats are neutral. Whichever way you want to spin it that year they were very even.

Just the usual eastern states hawthorn bias and bagging out a second game player for one minor indiscretion in an otherwise almost BOG performance for his team.

Nearly, what are you on about, most goals at the home of football the MCG, 800 goals in total, 3 x AA, 1x B&F lead Richmond goal kicking on 13 occasions, Tassie team of the Century.

Your not one of these odd people that count Premierships won as a significance in what is an individual award?

Richo was for 16 years one of the best contested marks in the comp, and a great athlete right to the end of his career absolutely deserves his spot.
He kicked 800 no surprise genius that most were on the g, it's richmonds home ground...dah.let's face it you or me could have been richmonds leading goal kicker..a best and fairest at Richmond so what..tassie team of the century give me a break...for me he counts himself out with his poor attitude displayed on field towards his team mates , that you can not deny, next thing you will be telling me jack junk time rewoldt is HOF status...

He kicked 800 no surprise genius that most were on the g, it's richmonds home ground...dah.let's face it you or me could have been richmonds leading goal kicker..a best and fairest at Richmond so what..tassie team of the century give me a break...for me he counts himself out with his poor attitude displayed on field towards his team mates , that you can not deny, next thing you will be telling me jack junk time rewoldt is HOF status...
Sorry but much of that supposed attitude was perceived by the media and opposition supporters, much as it is for JR, what you called attitude I and most of us at Tigerland looked at as passion for the club.

Leading goal kicker ever at the MCG, yes we play there a lot but so do many many other players and to add to that Richo played and dominated on the wing for a few years, so he wasn't just a full forward, obviously those that vote on this thought he deserved a spot I think they got it right.

Your reply confirms that you have no idea on the subject.

Anyone with any footy nous knows that's its harder to kick goals in bad sides than it is in good sides especially in Richo's case. In most of the Richnond sides he played in the delivery that he was getting for most of his time was pretty ordinary. Also when you take in to account the fact that he wasn't always a deep forward and often worked up the ground, his end goal tally is a magnificent achievement and it still only reveals a small part of his champion status.

What's the go with Tassie reference? Have you completely ignored the fact that their side contain champions consisting of Royce Hart, Alistair Lynch, Peter Hudson, Ian Stewart, Michael Roach, Darrel Baldock, Percy Jones, just to name a few. Or do you just have no idea on who these people are? If you do, would you not consider it to be a significant achievement to be named alongside these greats?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back