2014 Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

k16F53Z.gif

That's a trilby not a fedora... a fedora has a flat brim. Geeze... it's like calling a cloth cap a beret!

Just put this together, pretty rough with an abrupt transition three quarters of the way through. But so keen for the beginning of the afl season. Been on my mind 24/7 lately, hence why I attempted making this. Check it out and tell me if it is as sh*t house as I suspect. ;)

Thanks for that mate, don't get much from Nick re how he's going so appreciate the direction to that write up

No worries mate. From the little bits we get to see and read he seems like a ripper. I'm planning on heading to Etihad after work next week to watch the boys so I've got my fingers crossed Nick gets a game.

to those who have been watching the scatch matches & pre-season training thus far ... who else other than aish (who is a certainty) is likely to be seriously considered for round one of our new draftees.

to those who have been watching the scatch matches & pre-season training thus far ... who else other than aish (who is a certainty) is likely to be seriously considered for round one of our new draftees.

Taylor and Gardiner have been doing a lot of rehab, McStay will be given time to develop. Cutler and Robbo are the only ones who have been on the training track regularly and I don't see Cutler getting games early on in the season. Robbo is a chance to play depending on NAB Challenge games and such. Freeman, Smith, Conway and O'Brien are not ready or rookies.

Nice to see young Robbo get another mention from today's match practice, along with Aish, Zorko, Close & Freeman.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-play-in-round-1/story-fnia3y5g-1226819963905

From the article ... Brown was Brisbane's leading goalkicker in 2013 with 28 majors in 15 games. His very presence is essential if the Lions are to regularly kick winning scores in 2014.

Not sure that I agree with that one - in fact I hope it is not the case at all!

Does anyone know NAB format this year, is it a standard game rather than reduced format as in previous years
Nick just called to say he's flying over to play on Thursday so was wondering if anyone new some details of start time for the match
Etc
We fly out to Bali Friday morning so wasn't sure if we could fit this one in??

Does anyone know NAB format this year, is it a standard game rather than reduced format as in previous years
Nick just called to say he's flying over to play on Thursday so was wondering if anyone new some details of start time for the match
Etc

Thursday night is a 7:10pm kick off at Etihad. I haven't heard about a reduced quarter length or anything so I assume it's a standard game.

Etc

From the main board:

One thing I presume they will implement is the interchange cap. The stewards will need practise before season proper and iron out any issues...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Etc
Can't wait to see your boy in action!

Can't wait to see your boy in action!
Yeah me too!
Will watch from Perth this time flights won't work for us
Will be great to see how the boys go first up against the Hawkes
No doubt if he's fit Garlett will play for the Hawkes so that will also be interesting to watch.

HAWTHORN
2. Jarryd Roughead, 3. Jordan Lewis, 4. Matt Suckling, 5. Sam Mitchell, 7. Ben McEvoy, 8. Taylor Duryea, 9. Shaun Burgoyne, 10. Bradley Hill, 13. Kyle Cheney, 16. Isaac Smith, 18. Jonothon Ceglar, 19. Jack Gunston, 20. David Hale, 21. Ben Ross, 22. Luke Breust, 23. Tim O'Brien, 26. Liam Shiels, 28. Paul Puopolo, 29. Will Langford, 30. Luke Lowden, 31. Angus Litherland, 32 Jonathan Simpkin, 33. Cyril Rioli, 35. Sam Grimley, 36. Derick Wanganeen, 38. Mitch Hallahan, 39. Alex Woodward, 40. Billy Hartung, 46. Kurt Heatherley

BRISBANE LIONS
2. Ryan Harwood, 4. James Aish, 5. Jack Crisp, 6. Josh Green, 8. Rohan Bewick, 13. Trent West, 15. Dayne Zorko, 18. Nicholas Robertson, 19. Jordan Lisle, 22. Marco Paparone, 25. Daniel McStay, 26. Tom Cutler, 29. Andrew Raines, 31. James Polkinghorne, 32. Sam Mayes, 33. Michael Close, 34. Jonathan Freeman, 35. Ryan Lester, 36. Matt Maguire, 37. Patrick Wearden, 38. Tom Rockliff, 40. Isaac Conway, 41. Mitch Golby, 42. Justin Clarke, 43. Nicholas Hayes, 44. Archie Smith, 45. Jordon Bourke, 46. Sam Michael, 47. Zachary O'Brien.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back