2015 World Cup logo unveiled

Remove this Banner Ad

Santana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 28, 2008
C114C4D3ED6B177E196BC5AF8F1C62A4_1301769735925_130.jpg

Very good effort IMO.

Should be a a great tournament- logo looks good. I believe Australia and New Zealand are sharing the games equally? Hopefully the final is at the MCG. Not sure how this will affect AFL but you would think the AFL would delay their season by a few weeks.

So international tournaments (which are my favourite) coming up:
2012- World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka
2013- England- I believe the Champions Trophy is meant to played but the ICC may replace it with the first Test Championship instead
2014- World Twenty20 in Bangladesh

then the 2015 World Cup. One major tournament every year and I like it this way:

Year 1: ICC ODI World Cup
Year 2: ICC World Twenty20
Year 3: ICC Test Championships
Year 4: ICC World Twenty20

Repeat.

It is obviously inspired by aboriginal (legs, bat) and maori (body, arms, head) art work. Don't really see the correlation of that to cricket but looks ok.

Does anyone think the speculation that this could be the last World Cup (for ODIs) is probable?

Wikipedia (source of all knowledge) says "The location of the games will be evenly split, with the location of the final yet to be decided.".

So international tournaments (which are my favourite) coming up:
2012- Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka
2013- England- I believe the Champions Trophy is meant to played but the ICC may replace it with the first Test Championship instead
2014- Twenty20 World Cup in Bangladesh

then the 2015 World Cup. One major tournament every year and I like it this way:

Year 1: ICC ODI World Cup
Year 2: ICC Twenty20 World Cup
Year 3: ICC Test Championships
Year 4: ICC Twenty20 World Cup

Repeat.

It's called World Twenty20. Grinds my gears when people erroneously call the Twenty20 event 'World Cup'.

Does anyone think the speculation that this could be the last World Cup (for ODIs) is probable?

Wikipedia (source of all knowledge) says "The location of the games will be evenly split, with the location of the final yet to be decided.".

It's called World Twenty20. Grinds my gears when people erroneously call the Twenty20 event 'World Cup'.

Edited above. Know what you mean. I am quite similar when people refer to tie's as draws in cricket and spell Twenty20 as 20/20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back